You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2008-11-20 10:33:43

Talmira
Guild Member

Feral changes

ARMOR
As previously announced, we are changing the way bear armor works so that bonus armor on items does not receive the bear armor multiplier. Specifically this means that weapons, trinkets, rings, necks and cloaks with bonus armor will not be multiplied by the bear bonus. Only cloth and leather will benefit from the Bear and Dire Bear multiplier.

We are compensating Ferals for this armor loss by improving the Survival of the Fittest talent. In addition to its current effects (stats and crit prevention), it will now also increase armor contribution from cloth and leather items by 22/33/66%. That should be very close to your current armor bonus. This makes Survival of the Fittest rather over-budget by talent standards, but we figured it was one talent we can be pretty certain most tank-oriented druids will have (and to be honest nearly all Ferals).

FERAL ATTACK POWER
We are no longer going to have weapons in the game which improve feral attack power. Instead, your attack power will scale based on the dps of the item. Practically speaking this means almost no change for any gear you currently use -- you should not see your dps change. What it does mean is that we can create the occasional dps staff that could be used by druids or hunters (or very undergeared warriors), and that Ferals may occasionaly use two-handed dps maces. We are going to convert all existing Feral staves over to this new system (but again, you should not notice any change to your dps). We are also adjusting the UI so that when druids look at these weapons, you will see what the improvement will be to your damage in forms. This does not mean we are no longer going to create bear and cat weapons, just that those weapons will be slightly less niche than they are now.

These changes will be in place in the next patch. This patch will ship sometime before the 3.1 major content patch featuring the Ulduar raid.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa … &sid=1

-----------------------

Warriors with staffs?? tongue

Last edited by Talmira (2008-11-20 10:33:58)

"The wise question himself. The fool, the others."
"Those who fail to plan - Plan to fail"

#2 2008-11-21 05:04:49

Ino
Dragonslayer
Website

Re: Feral changes

this is sorta lame, this means druids will be ninja'n my weapons!

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1678470.jpg

#3 2008-11-21 11:46:08

Enimusha
Officer

Kinda nice, so we dont have to hunt our weapons separately from other classes. Give imba looking 2h maces!

#4 2008-11-21 12:45:10

denatus
Retired Guildmaster
Website

U DONT TAEK DK WEPONS! I KEEL U! I MEEN IT I KEEEL U!

Anyone who thinks the sky is the limit ... has limited imagination !

#5 2008-11-26 01:02:18

Mojorising
Officer
Website

Further explanation about ferals:

Druid (Skills List / Talent Calc. (9095))
Q:Are there plans to make Savage Roar persist through shapeshifting, but only affect cat form?
A: Yes, we are making this change.

The new Feral mana talent
It will probably be something like Primal Tenacity reducing the cost of Bear Form, Cat Form, and Dire Bear Form by 17/33/50% in addition to its current effects.

Upcoming Feral changes clarifications
Q: Defenders code has 850 armor. Is that considered bonus armor? if so than it does not get modified by thick hide and will continue to be 850 armor no matter what.
A: Defender's Code will grant 850 armor unless you have the meta-gem.

Q: if the wording you posted in your previous post holds true, than obviously only the 8 item slots will be affected by SOTF, but what thick hide affects even with your new post is still ambiguous.
A: Thick Hide, Dire Bear and Survival of the Fittest only affect base armor. This is the armor on all the base armor on your gear. Leather never has bonus armor, so it's not complicated. Rings, necks, trinkets and weapons can have bonus armor. This is usually shown with the armor number in green, but confusingly, not always. Cloaks are complicated because they have base armor (which is multiplied) and sometimes bonus armor (which is not).

Q: requesting further clarification of what exactly thick hide will and will not multiply.
A: Thick hide multiplies the base armor on leather and cloaks.

Q: also, what exactly does the meta effect, from your wording it looks like it will affect everything.
A: The meta gem increases all your armor so it's just a 2% bonus to everything. You want this gem. Fortunately it is not a rare drop like some of the other gear so we know you can get it.

Q: finally, in a previous post, you stated that all armor item budget would be reallocated on staves. For example my staff from heroic halls of lightning has 700 armor. Will it continue to have 700 armor that just no longer gets multiplied by anything, or will those item budgets be spent and the staff will gain (purely random here) say 20 agi and 30 stam?
A: It will get 700 armor that is not multiplied by anything (except the meta).

Q: I just don't understand one thing. You said this won't effect any items value, rather just open up druids to using other weapons. Well, take these two staves: (links 2 similar staves). They both have 2084 feral AP attached to them, but they both have different DPS. How are you going to calculate feralAP from the dps and expect to get the same number from each? One is going to be higher/lower, and will consequently gain/lose value. Are you going to adjust the DPS on all staves or something?
A: We'll change the dps to be the appropriate FAP. This change won't affect anyone but druids who currently don't care about the dps at the moment. And to answer another question, yes, if you really want to you can use fishing poles. Generally their stats are not great though.

#6 2008-11-26 03:45:00

Mojorising
Officer
Website

*  Druid – we are adding Swipe (Cat) as a baseline ability.

As is the case with most multi-target abilities, these three should be something you want to use when faced with groups, but never against single targets. Fan of Knives and Swipe, for example, don’t grant combo points so they should never be a core part of the rotation against single targets (like most bosses).

These changes will be available in the next minor content update, so keep an eye out for the next PTR push.

Ohh my yikes

#7 2008-11-26 10:27:59

Talmira
Guild Member

OH MY GOSH!! Swipe in cat is something i always wanted and now it looks like we are getting it yikes

#8 2008-11-26 10:34:50

Mojorising
Officer
Website

#9 2008-11-26 13:11:57

Talmira
Guild Member

Mojorising wrote:

Talmira wrote:

OH MY GOSH!!

GOGO PARIS!!

haha tongue

#10 2008-12-12 01:01:55

Mojorising
Officer
Website

MOAR CHANGES:

Skills
Feral

* Growl range has been increased from 20 to 30 yards.
    * Maim duration has been increased by 1 second. (3/4/5/6/7 seconds)
    * Survival Instincts now temporarily grants you 30% of your current maximum health for 20 sec. (Old - 30% of your maximum health)

Talents
Feral

* Feral Instinct now affects all versions of Swipe. (Old - Swipe (Bear) only)
    * Thick Hide now Increases your Armor contribution from cloth and leather items by 4/7/10%. (Old - All items)
    * Survival of the Fittest now also increases your armor contribution from cloth and leather items in Bear Form and Dire Bear Form by 22/44/66%.
    * Primal Tenacity now also reduces the mana cost of Bear Form, Cat Form, and Dire Bear Form by 17/33/50%.
    * Protector of the Pack now Increases your attack power by 6% and reduces the damage you take by 12% while in Bear or Dire Bear Form. (Old - Only worked with Bear/Dire Bear Form, damage reduction was dependant of the amount of players in the group)
    * Berserk now hit up to 1 target instead of 3. (Error ?)

#11 2008-12-12 01:04:04

Mojorising
Officer
Website

Druids

* Feral Attack Power: All weapons now have the potential to grant feral attack power based on their dps (as compared to the best superior-quality weapons available at level 60).  Players will see their existing feral weapons grant roughly the same attack power as they did before (+/- 2 or so), but many new weapons will be options for the feral druid.  Some feral weapons have had strength converted to attack power to be more appealing to other classes able to equip them.  All druids will see the amount of feral attack power granted by an item in the item tooltip, if it grants any, but other players will not see that information.
    * Remove Curse and Abolish Poison can now be used in Moonkin form.
    * Genesis: Now works with Tranquility and Hurricane.
    * Growl: Range increased to 30 yards.
    * King of the Jungle - The Bear effect is now physical, and thus cannot be dispelled.
    * Nature's Grace - Now also effects Revive.
    * Primal Tenacity: Now reduces the cost of Bear Form, Cat Form, and Dire Bear Form by 17/33/50% in addition to its previous effects.
    * Protector of the Pack: No longer changes value based on party size.
    * Savage Roar: The buff now persists outside of Cat Form but only provides its benefits while in Cat Form.
    * Starfall will now be cancelled by any shapeshifting.
    * Survival of the Fittest: This talent now grants 22/44/66% bonus armor in Bear Form and Dire Bear Form in addition to all of its previous effects.
    * Swipe: Swipe (Cat) has now been added at level 71, dealing 260% weapon damage, costs 50 energy with no cooldown.  All talents affecting the Bear Form version affect the Cat Form one as well.
    * Wild Growth now has a 6 second cooldown.

#12 2008-12-17 11:17:42

Mojorising
Officer
Website

* Polearms: Now trainable by Druids.
* Starfall: Instead of canceling shapeshifting, now cancels on shapeshifting into an animal form.

NICENESS

#13 2008-12-17 11:20:18

Mojorising
Officer
Website

And the latest blue replies to swipe:
Swipe threat increase
We think we might try increasing threat by 50% because that is something easy to hotfix. That should buy you enough globals to do other things, and provide enough wiggle room if you get a target out of the area for one Swipe. We'll consider additional changes after we've had a chance to see how that plays out.

Swipe
I haven't commented on Swipe in some time because a lot of different arguments tend to get mashed together. That in turn makes it hard for us to detect if the ability actually isn't doing its job, or if [some] druids just want it to work differently, or if [some] druids want more different kinds of buttons to push.

Here are the arguments I typically see, roughly ranked in what I think is most to least important.

* Swipe doesn't generate enough sustained threat.
    * Swipe doesn't generate enough burst threat.
    * Swipe's angle and target requirement make it hard to use.
    * Swipe is okay, but you want other abilities to throw in there with it (and without giving Swipe a cooldown).

[...] Part of my point was that many of you are posting something to the effect of "All druids agree that the main problem is X," when even within a few posts you see wildly different opinions.

We aren't going to turn Swipe into Thunder Clap, and I don't think many of you are asking for that (though a few are).

The problem is if we changed the cone or if we changed the threat or if we added another ability, then a large portion of this thread at least would respond "But you didn't fix the problem."

So the kinds of discussions we are having are what changes to make to Swipe (if any) that will solve some of these problems without turning Swipe into Thunder Clap.

[...] Right, but imagine we increased the threat generated by swipe by 400% (just for the sake of argument). Now it is possible to say:

Swipe generates so much threat that I can use Mangle, Maul, Lacerate, Bash, Feral Charge or Demo Roar without worrying about losing aggro.

I can spam Swipe, but why? After a hit or two I have more than enough threat. I can afford to save it even.

If the threat was high enough, it could have a cooldown to enforce not spamming it. (We'd be very reluctant to do this though.)

Swipe has a positional requirement which requires a little more planning or skill to use than Consecrate, but in return it generates a lot more threat.

My point above was that we are not going to make everybody happy, so you will probably find yourselves less disappointed if you don't get tied to the One True change that will fix Swipe for you.

It is very easy to look over at another character and think "Man, if I just had that ability, I could do my job so much better." That's a good thing. It means that other classes' abilities are so cool or useful that you want them. But for the same reason we are hesitant to give them to you because then the ability is less special and the classes all end up feeling really similar. If you ever switch from druid to warrior or paladin or DK, we want you to have to relearn the class. Make sense?

We want druids to be great AE tanks, and it may be that you aren't quite there yet. But we will almost certainly do it without removing the positional requirement AND adding a lot of threat to Swipe.

Board footer