The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2008-12-01 12:36:09

Lamme
Guildmaster

Synergy

Since we're supposed to start 25 man raiding soon, I guess it's a good moment for some min-max'ing of our potential.

New abilites we recently got, new talents for us and for pets, glyphs, all this allows for some synergy if done right. This is much along the line of warlock's curses pre-patch 3.0 and whatnot. In a nutshell, if a hunter knows and takes into consideration the spec/glyphs of other hunter(s) in the raid, he can adjust in a way that will allow him to do more dps. This is why such a coordination will be important (to some extent, this is all minor stuff).

Myself, I am planning to raid as marksman unless it turns out to be really inferiof to Beast Mastery. As such I will:
- have absolutely strongest hunter's mark possible - 3 points in improved hunter's mark and glyph of hunter's mark,
- idealy, I will keep serpent string on a mob at all times. Notice that this is pretty important for a BM hunter, with Steady Shot constituting around 40% of his dps, Glyph of Steady Shot will be quite a dps increase,
- still haven't decided whether to use a ferocity or cunning pet. Leaning more towards cunning, so no Call of the Wild from me.
- trushot aura, with my current TBC gear that's around +350RAP, will be more. Pretty awesome revamp of the ability, finally.

That's it for now I think, probably a lot more details like that and a lot more min-max'ing can be done. As far as I can see, this means 2 things for BM hunter:
- no need to glyph/spec for improved hunter's mark,
- glyph of steady shot is advised (I can make it btw).

#2 2008-12-02 11:10:25

Theredon
Guild Member

Re: Synergy

I'm gonna stick with BM, and I have obtained myself  glyph of SS for that very purpose(you serpent stinging). My pet will be ferocity specced for absolute max dps, I'll post the ferocity spec for the pet abit later on smile

Pet build

Last edited by Theredon (2008-12-02 11:18:50)

#3 2008-12-02 15:16:45

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Synergy

In light of the above, I think it will be your duty to keep scorpid sting up at all times (you as in BM hunter). I think we've been underestimating it a lot in TBC, that's ca. 3% less damage taken by the tank.

Board footer