The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2008-12-04 12:21:40

Lamme
Guildmaster

Hunter Q&A

I suppose with the beginning of 25 man raiding there will be a few Questions and Answer, lets use one thread for discussing details instead of making dozens of small ones.

I'll start:
Is anyone confident as to how pet's hit rating works? As far as I understood hunter's pet hit rating was supposed to scale with hunter's hit rating. Myself, I'm at 6% hit from hit rating on items followed by +3% from talents. I'd understand a 3-4% miss rate on pet.
Contrary to these expectations, the pet seems to have pretty much the same miss rate like it had in TBW - 10% ish.
As I'm MM I ain't got animal handler.

Any ideas, anyone can see what I'm missing here?

#2 2008-12-05 10:02:41

Theredon
Guild Member

Re: Hunter Q&A

I'm quite sure about pet hit rating, but it does indeed scale with their masters. I'm sitting at 268 hit rating (8,17%) haven't seen my pet miss much.

#3 2008-12-05 10:12:58

Lamme
Guildmaster

Your pet had a miss rate above 7% in Naxx25. Your was over 1,5%. That's what bugs me.
My pet had over 10% of attacks missed, with me around 2%.

I've also read (on elitist jerks) that currently there is a problem with careful aim not transfering to pet's hit rating. This would make some sort of sense - I assume you have aniaml handler, so the expertise bonus would result in your's pet hitting about 5% more often than mine.

#4 2008-12-05 10:17:13

Theredon
Guild Member

posted that before seeing your wws being up.. Hmm yea I'm pretty surprised tbh : /.. Missed myself too pretty eventhough I'm very near the cap :S

#5 2008-12-05 10:23:34

Lamme
Guildmaster

Makes me think that the miss rate at cap might have been increased. That would explain us missing a bit, not the pets though.

#6 2008-12-05 10:24:28

Theredon
Guild Member

Lamme wrote:

Your pet had a miss rate above 7% in Naxx25. Your was over 1,5%. That's what bugs me.
My pet had over 10% of attacks missed, with me around 2%.

I've also read (on elitist jerks) that currently there is a problem with  not transfering Focused Aim to pet's hit rating. This would make some sort of sense - I assume you have aniaml handler, so the expertise bonus would result in your's pet hitting about 5% more often than mine.

*fixed*

Got only 1 pt in animal handler so I wouldn't say that'd be the biggest source where the difference would come from

#7 2008-12-05 10:28:22

Lamme
Guildmaster

True I suppose and maybe that missing point is a worthy investment.
Anyway, the huge difference between our pets damage makes me think I need to toy with my spec a bit.

#8 2009-01-05 12:56:34

Lamme
Guildmaster

Possibly a useful mod - Auto Tracker - allows for keeping the right tracking easily. Can be even weaved into a macro to make it pretty much automatic.

edit: Also, an interesting point to notice for most specs - Glyph of Improved Aspect of the Hawk equals roughly 2 points in the Tier1 BM talent. So if anyone is using some major glyph just to fill the spot (something non-essential), he may consider throwing only 3 points into IAotH and 2 points into Endurance Training. Minor stuff, but I wasn't aware of that.

edit2: Bumped one or two older threads with some related information I recently found.

#9 2009-01-09 10:22:19

Lamme
Guildmaster

For Elris and Theredon - about Aspect of the Beast.

exclosius on EJ asked wrote:

Never seen anybody talking about popping Aspect of the beast when popping Beast within until this last page. Is that a confirmed dps increase (while in beast within than ofc)

And what glyph should be changed for the improved aspect of the beast if that former statement is true? (since i cant believe getting rid off ss glyph, bw cooldown glyph or the longer serpentsting glyph can be dropped (and if i should choose i would say the serpentsting one)

sixty on JR answered wrote:

The switching to aspect of the beast under the effects of BW does net a slight dps increase, unless you're using a scorpid where the dps increase is much greater. His poison stacks that are already on the boss increase in damage and you (or him) gain buffs. I've tested this multiple times on a test dummy.

Let's say unbuffed your scorpid's poison is ticking for 1000 with 5 stacks. If you go aspect of the beast with everything else unchanged, the tick will immediately hit for 1100. Then you BW. It'll move to 1500. If he gets a ferocious inspriation tick it will move up to 1550 or so. For each buff he gains, that current stack of poison is increased. That is why when everything is up, they blow beast because a dedicated 5 stack poison ticked being increased by 3000 dmg is much more than the buff you'll gain from dragonhawk.

I have tried it with a Devilsaur and a cat, and the difference is minimal. I'd say maybe a 40-50dps difference between 3 BWs (BW, Raadiness BW, 70sec later BW).

Like I said, it's tad more complicated tha just "AotB is better, period". And it has to do with scorpids posion stacking.

#10 2009-01-20 13:14:51

Lamme
Guildmaster

Some interesting numbers/comparisons on EJ. I wont link nor paste it because it's bit scattered between threads sacrificed to each of the specs. Basically - it seams like Blizzard is finally doing something good. In broad terms - with the latets PTR changes the dps differences between specs is really tiny. They are still toying with Explosive Shots, exotic pets, several mana issues, but the majority is settled now and looks pretty promissing. Same goes for pet families - no more "pets of choice" for dps - everything is close, one can pick by hte looks just as well as by anything else.
Also, it seams like all 3 specs combinded within one raid give the most benefit, but again, this is micro-management.

#11 2009-04-15 15:40:17

Lamme
Guildmaster

#12 2009-04-15 16:31:50

Zevski
Guild Member

LOL smile   blizzard showing a clear lack of effort and imagination..

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-428934.jpg

Board footer