Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2009-02-06 23:31:55

denatus
Retired Guildmaster
Website

Patch 3.1 DK - Class change highlights

Death Knight
-Gargoyle and Unholy Blight have swapped talent positions. Gargoyle’s damage has increased and runic power cost per time has decreased.
-Pestilence – this spell no longer causes damage but just spreads diseases. Blood Boil is intended to be the general area attack, and has been changed to be castable on targets with no diseases on them, but does extra damage if diseases are present.
-Unbreakable Armor now absorbs a flat amount of damage that increases as your armor increases. It no longer boosts armor.
-The Frost tree has been shuffled. Among other things, PvP talents such as Endless Winter are closer to the top of the tree where Blood and Unholy death knights can access them.
-Sudden Doom – this talent now procs a Death Coil rather than requiring an additional button click. It works similarly to shamans’ Lightning Overload.
-Magic Suppression and Blood of the North have been reduced to 3 ranks for the same benefit.
-Blood Gorged now grants armor penetration instead of expertise.

Talent calc (As of now, unchanged sad)

The changes is looking good tho. specially the continued blood buffs, the Death Coil change is insane.

Anyone who thinks the sky is the limit ... has limited imagination !

#2 2009-02-07 00:41:45

Draken
Guild Member

Re: Patch 3.1 DK - Class change highlights

Unholy blight lower in the unholy tree will make aoe tanking/dps easier and more viable for blood specs, as their aoe tps/dps kinda sucks atm compared to the other specs. The sudden doom change looks good too, will certainly make blood rotations less painful. I'm still curious as to what the start of the frost tree will look like, and if annihilation will still be there or if it will be moved far down the tree. I'm also curious to see what blizz will do about disease dmg modifiers on oblit/blood/heart strike/scourge strike and such as diseaseless blood seems to be ridiculously overpowered atm, supposedly capable of doing 6k or more dps in raids.

"You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind!"

"You got an organ going there, no wonder the sound has so much body!"

#3 2009-02-07 02:50:51

Apox
Founding Member
Website

Sudden Doom change is pure awesomeness.

https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/q03263-2.png

#4 2009-02-07 12:16:53

Ino
Dragonslayer
Website

i thought they were going to nerf Gargoyle neutral

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1678470.jpg

#5 2009-02-07 13:13:36

Beardstorm
Mahogany - Retired CL
Website

I'm assuming "balance" changes will come later.

Please donate to the "One shot Aya with a shield slam fund", all bits of metalz welcome.

#6 2009-02-07 13:51:09

Draken
Guild Member

Ino wrote:

i thought they were going to nerf Gargoyle neutral

They did, they nerfed it to the point where it should be as a 21 point talent, next patch it's gonna be a 51 point talent, hence why it's buffed.

"You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind!"

"You got an organ going there, no wonder the sound has so much body!"

Board footer