You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2009-02-14 21:11:18

Mojorising
Officer
Website

Tigole leaves wow

I wanted to take a moment to let the community know that I’ve switched roles here at Blizzard to work on our upcoming, unannounced MMO. World of Warcraft has been such a central part of my life these past six and a half years, and it’s success would not have been possible without the tremendous community around it, so I wanted to say thank you to all our players who’ve shared this amazing experience with us so far. Also, while I have served as the spokesperson and Game Director for World of Warcraft on Wrath of the Lich King, by no means would WoW be where it is today without the dedicated team that we have in place. The WoW development team is comprised of some of the most talented and experienced game developers in the world, and it was an absolute honor to serve amongst them, and they will continue to make WoW better than ever. I still plan to be very involved with the future course of World of Warcraft, but will leave the day to day operations of World of Warcraft to my partners in crime, Tom Chilton and J. Allen Brack.

When all is said and done, WoW is still my favorite game. I play it every day. None of that passion is gone. If anything, it fuels the challenge of making our next MMO even better. We know we have some big shoes to fill. So thank you to everyone who has been so supportive over the years, and likewise, thanks to those who have given us pointed feedback on all areas of the game. Without all of the feedback and participation, WoW would not be the game that it has grown to be. Azeroth truly belongs to you and we’re lucky to have shared in your journey. And as always, I’ll still be lurking on the forums and in the game.
Mostly, I just wanted to say thanks. It has been an absolute honor.

Jeffrey Kaplan

From MMO-Champion

#2 2009-02-14 23:57:10

Narnias
Nagamemnon

Re: Tigole leaves wow

wow yikes

Sic Vic Pacem Para Bellum - If you want peace, prepare for war

aka. Nagamemnon

#3 2009-02-15 00:09:51

Apox
Founding Member
Website

I want his job smile

https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/q03263-2.png

#4 2009-02-16 17:06:20

Boltan
Retired CL

And more people get recruited to wow:
http://www.gamespy.com/articles/952/952145p1.html

Fargo from GameSpy.. The guy behind Adventures of Flintlocke (brilliant wowcomics, Flintlocke's Guide to Azeroth) was earlier noted in TBC with a few items like plate pants in hellfire peninsula.. "Flintlocke Piloting Pants" or something very similar. That means Blizz liked his comics! And now he is leaving GameSpy to go work at Blizz on WoW design wink thats staff-change for you! And right in the middle of his new series Flintlocke vs The Horde sad

If you're curious about what I'm up to and would like to follow my work in the future, I'm pleased to announce that I've accepted a job with Blizzard Entertainment. I'll be creating content for World of Warcraft! I hope to see all of you in Azeroth. Know that next time you interact with the Dwarves in-game, it may have been me on the other end of the keyboard, screaming the quest instructions at you in a very loud, very poor Scottish accent.

Just too bad he wont be continuing his comics on GameSpy then sad He did leave them with 50 extra comics to post though, so the fun is not quite over ^^

Last edited by Boltan (2009-02-16 17:06:38)

People are like slinkies. Cheap and useless, but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
     - random lock on the EU forums

#5 2009-02-19 22:19:37

denatus
Retired Guildmaster
Website

Its blizzard tho, they cant go wrong! ;P

Anyone who thinks the sky is the limit ... has limited imagination !

Board footer