The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2009-03-13 02:01:43

Fluffball
Guild Member

Fluffball, gnome warrior

As I haven't been in a raiding guild (well I have, but not as raider rank, because they didn't need warriors) since TBC, I'd like to start raiding again.

About me:
Name: Bas Versteeg
Occupation/work: Student, I've got school monday -> friday, home at 6:30 PM at latest
Activity level: I'm usually online from when I come home from school 'till I get bored (usually at around 10 - 11 PM)

My char:
Name: Fluffball
Class: Protection or Fury warrior, protection gear is better, enjoy both speccs tho
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet … =Fluffball
Professions: Blacksmith / Miner, both maxed out, but thinking of dropping one for Inscription soon

Previous guilds and why I want to join this one:
I've been in Anastasis since TBC, raided with them in TBC, but I had to take my gaming down a notch since I had to travel 3 and a half hours to get to my school, and I didn't live on myself near school yet. Now I do, but their warrior spots were filled, so I joined Utgard as a social to hang out with an irl mate of mine (Thiazi).
Well, as stated before, I wanna start raiding again, but seriously only newly formed guilds (that just start clearing naxx with newly dinged 80s) need warriors to join their raiding ranks. I'm willing to stay up and wipe untill we get what we wanted to do (as long as I don't have an important test the next day or something), and I'm really eager to see Ulduar from the inside. Also I'm someone who enjoys doing heroics with guildies and gather some achievements or something.

Do you know anyone in The Enigma Order?
I've probably played with some of you guys, but to be truly honest, I don't know anyone specific on the tip of my tongue that is in this guild.

Why should I get invited to The Enigma Order?
I am almost always up for doing stuff with guildies / helping out guildies. I can play fury and protection about equally well and I like playing my class, either specc is equally fun to me. I'm always eager to learn new ways to kill bosses, faster ways to kill bosses and always followed 'Wiping will teach you and wiping is fun'.

Experience:
Pre-TBC: Cleared MC, BWL, AQ20 (on a hunter tho)
TBC: Cleared Karazhan, Magtheridon, Gruul, TK, SSC, MH and a few bosses in BT (on fury warrior, protection warrior and hunter)
WotLK: Cleared Naxxramas normal, Naxxramas heroic (excluding: KT, Gluth, Thaddius), Malygos normal, Sartharion normal (0 drakes up), Sartharion heroic (0 drakes up) (all as fury warrior and protection warrior)

Greetings,
Fluffball

Hope I can join your ranks as either tank or dps smile

#2 2009-03-13 02:37:54

denatus
Retired Guildmaster
Website

Re: Fluffball, gnome warrior

Your named Bas, love your name! ;P

http://www.thunderfightgear.com/images/BasPoster.jpg

Our warrior CL should be reading answering you in not long. Good luck.

Anyone who thinks the sky is the limit ... has limited imagination !

#3 2009-03-13 08:41:25

Enimusha
Officer

Looking good! We'll give you an answer soonish. smile

#4 2009-03-13 10:46:58

Beardstorm
Mahogany - Retired CL
Website

edit: Thanks for the application.

Nice application, looks good. Regarding warrior spots you will be expected to readily swap between Prot (likely as 2nd/3rd tank) and Fury since tank action is not certain.

Just as a basic compentency test, I'd like you to post your Tank and Fury builds on something like Wowhead along with your Glyph choices (which I know is unimportant in current normal mode crap, but should it get hard it helps. Don't unclude possible 3.1 Glyphs, just from the current available ones). Also a brief "rotation / prioity" of skills you use in Prot and Fury would be nice (like just a list in order of importance is fine).

I know it's a bit examish, but sortof needs to be done.

edit: Armory is giving me a busy message atm which is why Wowhead (or something not armory) would be preferred.

Cheers

Last edited by Beardstorm (2009-03-13 11:26:24)

Please donate to the "One shot Aya with a shield slam fund", all bits of metalz welcome.

#5 2009-03-13 11:33:35

Fluffball
Guild Member

Beardstorm wrote:

Nice application, regarding warrior spots you will be expected to readily swap between Prot (likely as 2nd/3rd tank) and Fury since tank action is not certain.

Just as a basic compentency test, I'd like you to post your Tank and Fury builds on something like Wowhead along with your Glyph choices (which I know is unimportant in current normal mode crap, but should it get hard it helps. Don't unclude possible 3.1 Glyphs, just from the current available ones). Also a brief "rotation / prioity" of skills you use in Prot and Fury would be nice (like just a list in order of importance is fine).

I know it's a bit examish, but sortof needs to be done.

Cheers

I'll be able to swap between prot and fuy, since I already do it like 2-4 times a week smile

My tanking specc:
Protection specc
With the glyphs:
Glyph of Blocking (increases your block value by 10% for 10 sec after using Shield Slam)
Glyph of Revenge (after using revenge, your next heroic strike costs no rage)
Glyph of Devastate (Devastate applies 2 stacks of sunder armor)
Skills mainly used:
Shield Slam, Revenge, Devastate, Shockwave, Heroic Strike, Thunder Clap, Concussion Blow.
Shield Slam, Devastate as much as possible, Heroic Strike doesn't share cooldown with them and is usually used whenever possible.
Shockwave, Thunder Clap and Concussion Blow I use mainly when I'm tanking multiple targets.

My fury specc:
Fury specc
This way I will be hitcapped and expertise capped.
With the glyphs:
Glyph of Whirlwind (whirlwind cooldown reduced by 2 sec)
Glyph of Heroic Strike (+10 rage when u crit with heroic strike)
Glyph of Execution (execute deals damage as if you had 10 more rage)
Skills mainly used:
Bloodthirst, Whirlwind, Heroic Strike, Slam, Execute.
Bloodthirst and Whirlwind when of cooldown.
Heroic strike in between the Whirlwinds and Bloodthirsts.
Slam whenever Bloodsurge proccs.
Execute on last mob from a pack, or at a boss.
And ofcourse there's Death Wish, but I only use it when I know for sure I can use it again when I'm encountering a boss, to maximize damage output on bosses.

For both speccs I use the same minor glyphs, namely:
Glyph of Battle (BS duration +1 minute)
Glyph of Bloodrage (reduces the health cost of bloodrage by 100%)
Glyph of Charge (increases charge range by 5 yards)
since these are the least useless to get for either specc tongue

Greetings,
Fluffball

#6 2009-03-13 11:37:36

Fluffball
Guild Member

Yeah, and a different site where you can check my tanking gear on atm:
http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?zon … =Fluffball

#7 2009-03-13 12:24:49

Beardstorm
Mahogany - Retired CL
Website

Great, that's fine with me. Trial will be approx 3 weeks (longer due to less raids going on), during which time you can bid on items. Check out the DKP post in the rules section.

Try and get hold of an officer for an invite.

TLDR version:
Can bid minimum if 0 or negative DKP, but people of equal rank with positive DKP get prioity
Minimum bid 5.
DKP only used/earned in 25 man raids.
Prioity order: Mains -> Test -> Non-raiders.

Welcome smile

Please donate to the "One shot Aya with a shield slam fund", all bits of metalz welcome.

#8 2009-03-13 13:36:46

luando
Guild Member

Welkom Bas!

#9 2009-03-13 14:23:07

Kaini
Guild Member

Played with the dude a few times: he knows his business.

Thou he could answer more politely when he is not up for tanking something.. wink Kidding.

The cliques of artists and writers consist for the most part of a racket selling amusement to people who at all costs must be prevented from thinking themselves vulgar, and a conspiracy to call it not amusement but art. (Collingwood 1938: 90)

#10 2009-03-15 00:56:23

Toverknol
Guild Member

moar nederlanders

Angie , Danoontje

Board footer