You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2009-05-17 07:48:11

denatus
Retired Guildmaster
Website

DW builds and tests.

Been discussing builds with namino alot lately, so after I got a new MH I tried to fine tune the build.

Basically, I want to see how it performs with out any 4 set bonuses.

The build:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jZG0eZfM … sut:ArLcVm

Questions you may ask:

Q: Why no necrosis ?
Did some tests(At a 100% dummy in darna), did it without UB, just to give it max chance. The result ? 3.9% of total dmg done.
Ie. skip most of it and get 5% desecration

Q: Why dual wield ?
I'm new to it, want to try unholy on speed smile

Q: Why use Corpse Explosion glyph ?
Bascially, without 4 set t7 bonus your going to be RP starved, and I found out that I really need to use Horn of Winter everytime its ready.
This eliminates the need for this glyph.

So off to the results:

2960 dps on a 1% dummy over a 15 minutes session(yea, thats long...)
This is the highest I've achieved with DW so far, all tho I know Cirotes has been up to 3.4k with his builds.

Further improvements and scaling of the build:
Now, the problem with 1% dummy is that you wont get accurate numbers on some skills, like necrosis and Wandering Plague.
So I expect a good chunk more of dps on non 1% stuff. In addition to this I'm not hit-capped without raid buffs, which should be a good chunk more aswell, seeing as death-coil is the hardest hitting ability, which is now between 3 and 4% miss.

The added AP and crit chance during raids should further improve the DPS I currently have, crit also boosts Wandering Plague, so it should scale nicely.

I'm feeling RP starved without the 4 set bonus from t7, I'll have to admit. But I'll have to test it in a 25 man environment in order to give this build and gear a final conclusion.

Last edited by denatus (2009-05-17 07:51:03)

Anyone who thinks the sky is the limit ... has limited imagination !

#2 2009-05-17 12:49:08

Enimusha
Officer

Re: DW builds and tests.

I bet you dont mind if i move to this to DK forums from Loots & Items? smile

Denatus wrote:

Q: Why use Corpse Explosion glyph ?
Bascially, without 4 set t7 bonus your going to be RP starved, and I found out that I really need to use Horn of Winter everytime its ready.
This eliminates the need for this glyph.

You dont have Corpse Explosion in your spec, so i would skip the glyph aswell. wink

#3 2009-05-18 17:24:50

denatus
Retired Guildmaster
Website

About this build, is wrong, I did have corpse explosion and.. yea to make it short it was faulty.

Did tons of tests yesterday with a fixed build, and doing dmg in Blood presence outdmg'd Unholy presence, even with imp unholy presence.
So I changed my build. Posting it later smile

Anyone who thinks the sky is the limit ... has limited imagination !

#4 2009-05-18 17:30:11

Enimusha
Officer

Yeah, i changed my DW  aswell after testing couple of days ago, the spec is posted in your Unholy test builds threat. I took 2 points in necrosis instead of Imp Unholy presence. Imp unholy presence is fun to play, but still lacks the dps Blood presence gives. It gives better ability to move and do damage, but in pure stationary dummy dps its just not that good.

Board footer