You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2009-05-30 00:58:26

Thund
Guild Friend

Mimiron & HuilenHuilen

Hey there,
was wondering how you guys handle pet management on Mimiron.
I've only fought this bastard twice now so I'm mostly focussing on staying alive, but I feel that my pet dying halfway (or even before halfway) is quit a dps loss in the overall fight (althoug ressing is no problem between phases). I got the first phase under control mostly, just retreat it in time from the shock blasts; main problem is phase 2, where it seems to die from either rockets (can they be hit by them?) or the barrage. Do you just retreat your pet in this phase? Or retreat when barraging? Phase 3 I just keep the pet at my side, and send it in when the head is grounded, given I am not dpsing down a bomb at that time, but maybe there's some way to make more effective use of them?
Any tips or so are appreciated smile

#2 2009-06-02 15:48:01

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Mimiron & HuilenHuilen

P1
If the boss is facing you, your pet is behind, hence when you call it back it will run through the boss and get hit by aoe. DBM timers are accurate on this one, I usually manage to pull mine off a second before he casts it.

P2
Even if pets are affected by rocket damage, my bet is they're considered aoe, so don't mind it. It's barrage that kills your pet. In most cases calling it back will be enough. Every once in a while simple calling off will pull the pet into barrage - if you see that's about to happen put pet in stand still mode, than either call it back to you or send back to attack if safe. It sounds harded than it really is.

P3
Granted I don't forget, I put my pet on aggresive and leave it by the tank. Works like a charm.

P4
It's a pain. If you feel really in shape, send it to attack the bottom part, call it back 2 seconds before aoe (to be on the safe side), call it back for a sec if the boss is moving (chasing the tank), call it back at barrage (check P2). I managed to keep mine alive only twice so far.

Board footer