The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2009-08-02 18:06:25

Moranu
Guild Member

Moranu, Enhancement Shaman

I couldn't find an application form, other than the questions in the "Read this" thread. I'll try to answer the questions as good as I can.

Me:
My name is Paul, I'm 20 years old and I live in the Netherlands. School starts again late August, so until then I have alot of free time on my hands. When school starts again I will obviously have less time, but it shouldn't interfere with the raiding times. Or the other way around. wink

My character:
The character I'm applying with is Moranu, an enhancement shaman. He used to be called Anolim, but I had a sex change and I then took the name for one of my other characters, so I had to come up with something else. He was created on the first day of TBC, which was (I think) the 16th of January. I haven't really been active on with since LK, as I have alot of other characters. But recently I really started to enjoy it again and have been working hard to gear it up. Both weapons really do need improving, but the rest of the gear is not too bad, in my opinion anyway. Because I have so many characters, I couldn't be bothered to do the whole rep grind, again. However, I was planning on getting them up when 3.2 hits, since the whole emblem change makes heroics interesting again.

I'm a frequent visitor of the Elitist Jerks forums. I love the whole theorycrafting behind my characters. I am very eager to learn. smile

I also have a few alts, which I play on frequently. I have a level 80 mage: Dekay, a level 80 DK (Blood) Tank: Anolimm, a level 80 prot pally: Anolim, a level 80 druid: Ergoll. I also have some lower level alts, but I don't play much on them.

My Computer:
I've got an iMac. It has a 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo processor with 2 GB memory. The graphics card isn't too awesome, but I have no trouble running WoW on it. I run raids with around ±40 fps or so. I also rarely, if ever, disconnect during raids. My internet connection is pretty stable.

I am able to run ventrilo on my mac, but there's a slight problem. If the server doesn't run the Speex (I think it was, not entirely sure) codec, I can't hear or say anything. I do have an older regular PC at home, so if you don't run Speex I think I can get it to work and just run ventrilo on it. That however would mean I am not able to say anything, as my mic is a built-in.

Raiding times:
Right now, I can raid pretty much every day. When school starts again I don't think there changes much. I found the raid times on the website (Thursdays, Sundays, Tuesdays 19-23). I don't have a problem joining during those times. Though I still live at home, so I am bound to the dinnertimes my parents set. However, these raiding times are perfect, since those are the days my mom's free from work (and can start on dinner early). I shouldn't have any problem being on time.

I have no problem staying late, it's just that it's pretty hard finding a guild that fits my times. Most guilds start at 19:00. My old guild started at 20:00.

How it all started:
It all started in march 2006. I started playing on Silvermoon (PvE) with a friend of mine. I had a hard time trying to find a character that really appealed to me, so I tried pretty much everything. I eventually picked a warrior and leveled him to 60. I think it took me around 18 days /played. During that time I also leveled characters on Stormreaver and began to play less on Silvermoon. Shortly after TBC launched and I rerolled a shaman, Anolim (now Moranu). I leveled him up and also leveled my druid (from 60 -> 70).

By the time my druid hit 70 I was in a guild called Kataki. I had never raided before, but I figured out quite fast I really enjoyed it. I left Kataki, as there wasn't much progress (was more of a level-up guild really) and I joined Masquerade. I sticked with them for quite a while, a couple months, I think. At some point we didn't progress anymore (we were stuck in at Lurker/Void Reaver in SSC/TK) and I started thinking about a new guild. Shortly after I applied to Brotherhood of the Wolf and I got in. I sticked with them for a couple months. We cleared SSC and TK. I was also on the first kill of Kael'thas. A couple weeks later I started to get annoyed more and more by members in the guild. I decided to leave them and stop raiding for a while. Howeverrrrrrrrr... I was running around in Ironforge for a bit and I got approached by Akakaboto of Keelhaul. He asked me if I was interested in joining them (probably because shaman stacking was hot in the sunwell era). I decided to give it a try. Cleared with them up to M'uru. Had a couple of tries on him/her. By then I really got a raid burnout and decided to quit raiding untill the release of LK.

I rejoined Masquerade in LK and have been with them since. I've always been an officer in this guild, and when our Main Tank/Raid Leader left us for another guild I took over his roll as Raid Leader. The progress in Masquerade has always been sub-par. We however didn't do that bad in LK. Mainly because the content so far isn't really hard. Lately the core people of our 10 man group have quit, or took a break. I kind of stopped signing as well, as I just didn't enjoy it much anymore. I did stick around with them, but I am not an active raider anymore.

So my raid experience is:
Vanilla: Only done the raids at level 70.
BC: Everything up untill M'uru (pre health nerf/LK Patch)
LK: Naxx10/25, OS10(+2 drakes)/25, EoE10/25 and Uduar 10 up until General Vezax. Had a couple tries on him.

Why I want to join you guys:
I haven't had any negative experiences with you guys (meeting in pugs and whatnot) and the raiding times are perfect for me. Also the fact that you have been around for... ever is quite important to me. If I join a guild I want to be in there for the long run.

If you have any questions I have left unanswered, please do ask. smile

Thanks for reading my apply!

#2 2009-08-03 00:24:10

Lydo
Guild Member

Re: Moranu, Enhancement Shaman

Good application! Our shaman CL will ge...nvm.

Someone with teh powers should be in contact with you soon.

#3 2009-08-03 10:34:12

Lamme
Guildmaster

First of all, about those weapons - I can understand having bad luck with drops, but I'm pretty sure you could find something better than Seth's Graphite Fishing Pole big_smile

Very nice and solid application, only one aspect not covered as far as I can say - what about offspec? Armory shows double enhancement specs, is that the only aspect/spec you're interested in or do you consider resto as a potential offspec? (with our current ranks we have the luxury to expect some flexibility from applicants:)

#4 2009-08-03 11:16:00

Moranu
Guild Member

Yeah, armory has been really slow with updating.. I've got the craftable titansteel mace and the stray as offhand. Both 143 dps or so.

I have an enhance pvp and pve spec. I don't mind speccing resto as offspec. I've been resto throughout BC and done some raids in LK, so I do have experience with it. My gear consists of some random naxx25 items. Around 2k spellpower (2125 as enhance, but it'll lower some because I get spellpower from AP), 203 mp5 (without water shield) and 405 haste.

#5 2009-08-03 11:21:02

Moranu
Guild Member

Since armory is so slow with updating you can't see my stats either. My stats are: 3764 AP, 342 (just enough to be spellhit-capped with a Moonkin/Spriest) 27.13% crit and 26 expertise (6,50% - dodge cap from behind). Theses are all unbuffed.

#6 2009-08-03 13:49:00

Lamme
Guildmaster

Ok, I think you have covered everything now.
We should have an answer for you soon.

#7 2009-08-04 11:22:53

Lamme
Guildmaster

Accepted for a test period.

The objective of the test period is for you to impress us, both performance and activity wise (66% activity minimum, talking about 25 man raids), it can last anything between a week and a month. The better you play the shorter it is.

As a testplayer you can bid the minimum bid for drops (min bid being 5dkp), but higher ranked people have priority over you.

Welcome to TEO, I'm pretty positive you'll enjoy it here. Poke someone in-game for an invite, you'll receive GC raid invites soon.

We have a raid scheduled for today (19.30-23), so if you're up for a rough start, by all means do join. It's only Yogg-saron left, but we're doing it with 3 watchers (instead of 4) to get the legendary crafted. So quite a raid!

#8 2009-08-04 12:25:22

Moranu
Guild Member

Okay, great!

Board footer