The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#26 2010-10-31 14:24:52

Dejavu
Guild Member

Re: Retribution and Holy Paladin

We've been toying with a change to Divine Storm to make it more like Fan of Knives. Specifically, you could use it whenever you want, for mana, but it would share a cooldown with Crusader Strike. It would have nothing to do with Holy Power (unless Divine Purpose still applied). The idea would be that sometimes you're okay giving up the single target rotation of Crusader Strike -> Templar's Verdict in return for being able to use an AE attack every 4.5 to 3 sec. It's too early yet to know if this design will work out.

Divine Storm has a great visual and many long-time Ret paladins have a soft spot for it, so we'd like to get it back to more common use. (Source)

http://sig.allvatar.com/signatur/688772JVzln.pngArmory Link
Apocalypsè

#27 2010-10-31 18:10:55

Apox
Founding Member
Website

Something needs to be done atleast. The way it is at the moment, it's almost useless. You build holypower so slowly, you'd be lucky to get 1 DS off before the pack is dead.

Also a few other suggestions. Zealotry need to be useable whenever, and also generate 3 holy power when used.
And I foretell that inquisition will just be a nuisance to keep up, even though I haven't tried it yet, it looks to me like this tiny dps boost, that you still need to keep up, since it is still a dps boost. Give some other skill than inquisition imo, Savage Roar for pallies won't be fun when the holy power gain is imba slow from before.

On the other hand, just to not sound completely negative, Holy is just awesome fun now, and Prot seem more interesting, even though I can't hold much aggro anylonger (but from what I've heard this goes for all tanks?)

https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/q03263-2.png

#28 2010-10-31 18:43:25

Narnias
Nagamemnon

well i dont really got agro problems... but i will... what i heard and seen they are gonna nerf prot so gg Blizzard -.-

Sic Vic Pacem Para Bellum - If you want peace, prepare for war

aka. Nagamemnon

#29 2010-10-31 18:52:06

Vonhankkija
Officer

On emergency situation you can always tank with your warlock smile

"- Tuskin Mikankaan kohalla on väkisin työnnetty piikkiä perseeseen, Nykänen päätteli."

#30 2010-10-31 19:23:17

Grimbold
Guild Member

I dont even use DS, its not worth it.

#31 2010-10-31 20:10:09

Apox
Founding Member
Website

Dejavu wrote:

Don't sound bad at all Zenghu, and done some raiding myself now. And I found out that what was the right thing to do is:

Spell;

WoG - Great instant cast spell for sure, saved many lifes with it but this spell I usualy save when I know there is some big action going on later on in the fight.

Holy Shock - Great spell for sure, use it to stack up Holy Power, no cast time and no manacost(almost).Also, when you cast HL FoL or DL you have a 20% to trigger the [Daybraker] talent, makes your next Holy Shock to trgger no CD.

Holy Light - The slow small heal, yes indeed it is, but when you combind it with a crit from Holy Shock it will have it's speed down to around 0.6sec. When you have low income of dmg overall and you want to save some mana and also stack up some Holy Power, Beacon of Light on a tank and heal him with Holy Light works ok.

Flash of Light - Used it alot, yes it cost mana like crazy, but the cast time of it is great, fast big heal that would save some ones life for sure. 2x Flash of Light is almost as fast as 1x Divine Light and it heals for way more.

Divine Light -  Never used a single time, takes to long time to cast it compare to how much overhealing it will do, atlast with the curent "tankdmg income" and the risk of the cast time may end up in one dead tank or one big overheal you really need to combind it with a Holy Shock crit to make it effective. But yes the cast time of it will be faster if you crit heal with a Holy Shock. Still didn't find any need of it so far, my guess it will be some thing we want to use in Cataclysm.

Light of Dawn - Well yes, we got a AOE heal, but compare it with the old Holy Light glyph we had back then it's just shit:P and the CD of it is just to long to be any good. Desided to put in the glyph for it, still heals like crap, but works as a filler on the recount. Paladins no longer have a chanse to go on top of the meters VS Priests and Druids anymore. We will see how the other 83 spell will work out.

Nice post, sums it up pretty well. Agree with Light of Dawn healing way too little for it's long cooldown. It could easily been at a 10sec cooldown with the poor amount it heals for at the moment.

One thing you didn't mention though is the insane Holy Paladin mastery.
For those who don't know about it, it puts a shield on the targets you heal for 8% of your healed amount (works on any heals, non crit and overhealing too). With a bit mastery rating, mine is now at 15.7%, and it counts for around 15-20% of my total healing doing 5mans. Totally cool, now all I wish is that they put the old sacred shield graphics on this shield, since it has no current animation smile

https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/q03263-2.png

#32 2010-10-31 20:47:36

Grimbold
Guild Member

Light of dawn is suposed to be our fast aoe heal. I like it the way it is, because AoE damage in Cataclysm seems to be very situational, meaning it doesnt happen constantly, so its about managing your CDs and not using the spell every time its up. I like Radiance or w/e its called. Its probably the reason those Paragon holy paladins are 1st on the meters with a considerable advantage over druids.

#33 2010-11-06 23:52:45

Grimbold
Guild Member

Board footer