#1 2011-08-30 21:49:11

Gallarian
Uncertified member

Gallarian - Human Paladin - cancelled

Personal info:

Name: Joe Gallagher
Nationality: England, UK
What do you do when you are not playing WoW?:
I am currently doing my A-levels at college (History, Politics, English and Maths). Outside of that I spend time with my mates, playing poker, going out etc.

Computer details:
Intel i5 760 @3ghz
4GM Corsair RAM
EVGA GTX 580 SC

Average FPS during a 25m raid: 60
Connection ( http://www.pingtest.net): Grade A
Have you had any connection issues lately during raids?: Never
Do you have a microphone and are you able to use it during raids?: Turtle Beach Earforce x11; yes.

Character:

Name: Gallarian
Class: Paladin
Race: Human
Current Raid Progress: Tier 11 - 12/12, 2/12 HC. FL - 2/7, 0/7 HC.
Link to armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s … n/advanced
Are you the original owner of the account: Yes
Do you share your account with anyone else: No

Intended Primary talent spec for raiding: Protection
Secondary talent spec: Retribution

How much experience do you have with your secondary spec? How much of the current content have you raided with your secondary spec?
Very experienced, all current progress as tank have been done as dps.

Which sources are you using to keep yourself up-to-date in terms of class mechanics, and boss encounters?
I research heavily into boss fights, watching videos on youtube by the likes of TankSpot, Yoggscast etc. Also I read wow-head and multiple paladin websites to stay up to date.

Name three addons that you could not imagine raiding without?:
Boss Mods, Omen, Taunt Master

Guild History:

Previous raiding guilds and reasons for leaving them:
Sirocco - Great guild with a great bunch of guys, unfortunately however, after some people left following the release of RIFT (including our GM) the guild fell apart and has become inactive.
Brotherhood of the Wolf - Exceptional guild, but became inactive pre-firelands. They are now acitve again, but lack the need for a tank (I was a rogue when I raided with them).
Shen an Calhar - The guild I  have cleared all FL bosses currently with. Many member dramas lead to a lot of /qguits and therefore have rendered the guild inactive.

Have you ever held a officer position in any of your previous guilds? If so, what was your role?
Officer and Raid Leader in Shen an Calhar, 2nd in line for GM if needed.

What made you decide to apply to Enigma Order over other guilds?
Website and current progress are really impressive. After speaking to a few members and players, I decided its definitely a guild Id like to be a part of.

Do you currently have an application to any other guild(s)?
No.

Additional Information:
I'm an extremely active, social and enthusiastic player, who is able to raid 100% of your raiding timetable. I pride myself on acquiring a high level of knowledge of boss fights, lore and other aspects of the game. I love being part of an active, tight knit guild and get on with almost every player I have the joy to play with.

#2 2011-08-30 22:17:54

Axc
Leading Team

Re: Gallarian - Human Paladin - cancelled

Hello.

As a healer, I'm fairly interested in how much damage tanks take, and due to that I'm fairly aware of the 102,4 combat table coverage. Assuming fish feast (dodge) and normal stamina flask, you achieve 88,24% CTC with your gear. This leads to the question: why do you gem mastery+stam and parry+stam, when you haven't achieved the 102,4 CTC yet? You could get lot closer by using pure mastery gems. Also, due to diminishing returns and strenght-based parry, dodge should be bit higher than parry rating - which is not true in your gear.

This leads to following questions about your gear:
1) Head - "wrong" gems, Eternal is best meta, mastery on yellow slot.
2) Neck, why do you gear for +hit? You could instead reforge expertise for dodge.
3) Shoulders. Parry -> hit? Should be parry -> dodge.
4) Chest, why not greater stamina (75stam) enchant? Also, wrong gem on yellow slot.
5) Bracers, as mastery is priority, you could gain more of it by reforging from dodge to mastery. Wrong gem on slot too. Also, you could consider using dodge enchant to get closer to 102,4 CTC.
6) Weapon, why isn't hit reforged to dodge?
7) Gloves, why no 65 mastery enchant?
8) Belt, why do you reforge to hit, instead of mastery? Also, pure mastery gem on prismatic.
9) Legs, why parry -> hit, instead of parry->dodge?
10) Feet, why parry->hit, instead of reforging into mastery? Also, wrong gem.
11) Relic, why no mastery gem, also, you would get more mastery by reforging from dodge, instead of parry.
12) Shield, hit not reforged to dodge/parry, why?
13) Ring 2, why not hit->mastery?

Please take your time to get closer to 102,4 CTC and let us know when that's done.
Resources:
CTC spreadsheet
Elitist Jerks on gemming and reforging

Edit: feel free to whisper me in game for more information on this CTC stuff if the concept is not familiar.
Edit2: This would reach to 93,76% coverage, and by using mastery food 94,52%.

Last edited by Axc (2011-08-30 22:44:36)

#3 2011-08-30 23:32:59

Gallarian
Uncertified member

All changes applied.

Id like to thank you for your time and effort into helping me.

#4 2011-08-31 00:01:07

Lamme
Guildmaster

Thanks for the application, I'll try to catch you in game for a chat.

#5 2011-08-31 17:34:07

Tyler
Leading Team

Hey Gallarian,

Good to see you are so fast to get your gear updated.
While Axc did a good job changing your gear around, I had a look myself, and there is a few changes that I would like to point out.

Cloak is currently reforged 90 parry > 90 dodge. You should always reforge out of your threat stats (hit/expertise) and preferable into mastery if it's not present on the item. This means that you should reforge 45 hit > 45 mastery instead

Shoulders should be reforged with 51 parry > 51 dodge

ranged should be reforged with 30 parry > 30 mastery instead of 36 dodge > 36 mastery

Mastery is your prime stat, but it's proven over and over again that run speed is superior for melee classes, which means you should get lavawalker on your boots. It will lower your CTC, but will help you to get out of bad stuff faster smile

Otherwise it looks really good smile

PS. Sorry for messing up your work, Axc smile

#6 2011-08-31 18:00:04

Axc
Leading Team

No problem, on few items where hit rating was CONSIDERABLY lower, you could get higher CTC by reforging from the avoidance stats. That case was true on the cloak for example, where you should reforge from parry -> mastery, like done in the profile.

There is still some differences on the gear and on the maximized profile.

#7 2011-08-31 19:00:21

Tyler
Leading Team

Yeah, you're right about that.

#8 2011-09-01 02:03:17

Dejavu
Guild Member

Gallarian wrote:

What made you decide to apply to Enigma Order over other guilds?
Website and current progress are really impressive. After speaking to a few members and players, I decided its definitely a guild Id like to be a part of.

Ehm yes, about that. To be officer, enchanter, JC, PvP'er it takes plenty of time just standing still, loads of ppl want to talk to you about dif stuff. You came up to me directed by some other raiders in the guild. Fair enough, I told to you that I had time for a little chat. If I remember it right I asked you, "what do you want to know?" And you asked me about the status/need of a Prot/Retri Paladin. Gave you a Weblink to our site, and then wrote a bunsh of lines and then after found out that you loged out.
What I'm trying to say here is you can't get whatever you want when ever you want.
I wrote it all down in a in game mail to you. Answer, not even want to share it here, but if you belive that if a char with a map in hes hand do show a rude gesture to you when you talk to that person bc he/she do answer back to you abit slow, well, then I'm sorry. Really, I m. Anyway, I like all my Paladins in the guild, but not sure where I should put you. Mby you should contact me in game and try again. And, take your time, have some questions rdy.

http://sig.allvatar.com/signatur/688772JVzln.pngArmory Link
Apocalypsč

#9 2011-09-01 12:51:31

Lamme
Guildmaster

This application was cancelled.

Board footer