Character Information,

Name: Tasteofdeåth
Race: Human
Class: Hunter
Spec: Marksmanship
Item Level: 373

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s … h/advanced

Professions: Leatherworking/Skinning

I've been playing hunter for a little while now started on Stormreaver in the start of TBC was into raiding till BT then i kinda had to stop playing due to studying for Exam's etc, So i was a Causal in Wrath pugging/Causal guild runs to my hearts content, Got up to Lich King and stopped there due my guild on the Horde side falling apart so i re rolled hunter on the Ally side and got a late start into T11 content with my former Guild "Rebirth" Which we got up to Firelands normal pre-nerf got up to Beth till i was shortly dropped due to the guild leader in "Rebirth" replaced me with his Girlfriend which i left to help Form Revival with a few people (Ousty, Bionaire and a few others)
Which we have Raided the past couple of week's till the Guild Master disappeared and left us to do all the work, I got up to 6/7 i know the Tactics for Normal Firelands (Even Rag which i've had him down to 27% before wiping)

Right something with my gear so far is that my scope on my bow as you may notice is the Gnomish X-Ray Scope which i know the Flintlocke's Woodchucker would be alot better and that will need sorted out.

Taste over and out.

Last edited by Tasteofdeath (2011-10-20 21:04:50)

#2 2011-10-21 00:34:05

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Tasteofdeåth, Human Hunter - accepted

Allright, your gear seams to be taken care of quite ok, the complete lack of punctuation in the application proves the fact that you're indeed a UK person, I don't see no immidiate obstacles against offering you a test period.

This, however, would be all too easy and you're quite unlucky, simply because the guild master of the guild you're applying to happens to be a hunter. Now, while obviously how well you play can only be told after seeing you in action, I'd like to hear some spicy details about few of your choices. And so:

- why haste over mastery in general and how, if at all, does that affect your gameplay (call it rotation); what do you use as focus dump and why?
- Fluid Death, the trinket - with many available similar/better items, why did you choose to go with this one?
- which item would you consider as the one that needs upgrading the most?
- cloak enchant - economizing and actually having a reason to go with agility over crit?
- assuming you're familiar with Firelands encounters - if you were asked to solo the Spiderling Hatchlings (commonly refered to as "the aoe adds at Beth'tilac), what spec would you go with, why, and which talents would be crucial?
- can you think of any Firelands fight where a spec other than MM would be superior?

Please note that non of my questions suggests/assumes any of the decisoin you made about your gear is wrong per se.

Hoping to hear from you.

#3 2011-10-21 00:57:44

Tasteofdeath
Guild Member

"why haste over mastery in general and how, if at all, does that affect your gameplay (call it rotation); what do you use as focus dump and why?" - I find mastery for the hunter a tad useless for a stat i tend to reforge it into a more useful stat "Haste" so i am able to regen focus and be able to cast Steady shot at a much faster pace with Improved Steady Shot and as i focus dump i tend to focus dump off Chimera Shot off CD then Arcane shot till i need to Steady Shot Back to 100 focus then pop Chimera shot off CD and repeat

"Fluid Death, the trinket - with many available similar/better items, why did you choose to go with this one" - I took this Trinket as it was the only one Available at the time which can be sorted if need be.

"which item would you consider as the one that needs upgrading the most?" - I would say my Bow and Staff needed upgraded the most and Fluid Death needs Upgraded  aswell but that would be a side priority

"cloak enchant - economizing and actually having a reason to go with agility over crit?" Can be sorted right now but i mainly go for agi over crit.

"assuming you're familiar with Firelands encounters - if you were asked to solo the Spiderling Hatchlings (commonly refered to as "the aoe adds at Beth'tilac), what spec would you go with, why, and which talents would be crucial?" - For this fight ive always seen Survival hunter always out do MM hunters due to traps alone but If in MM you could spec into Bombardment which i already am and Spec into Survival more like Entrapment which would aid more into the fight as it would pin the spiders down so you are able to kill them without them touching the spider

"can you think of any Firelands fight where a spec other than MM would be superior?" Beth'tilac and it would be Survival due to the fact it being more trap based as explained above.

#4 2011-10-21 01:08:22

Lamme
Guildmaster

I honestly wish all testplayers we get knew their stuff half as good as your answers make me believe you do.

Just to shortly comment:
- haste versus mastery is a matter of preference and also fight specific, but there's by no means nothing wrong in going all out on haste. The focus dump part is still a bit vague, since theoretically haste-heavy hunter could use hardcasted Aimed Shot as focus dump, but that is only good as long as you know for a fact you won't have to cancel the cast. Shortly - haste and arcane as focus dump is more than viable.

- Fluid Death is very good of a trinket and if you're to any extent low on hit, make all the benfit of it you can, even if other items have higher ilvl (personally, I've used it up until heroic Hungerer)

- Bow (or, ranged weapon) hands down, this is the only slot that will give you few hundred dps increase straight away.

- 65 crit is better and given you have a nice cloak, it's a worthy investment. Still, the difference between agility is marginal.

- Beth'tilac - spot on. Bombardment, Entrapment, Trap Mastery and you can solo them in 25 man heroic, if only they don't dodge traps.

- Discussable, not that I've checked, but I'm fairly certain that MM hunters are ranked higher than survival. As far as I can say, there's no fight where MM would be any worst than the other specs, perhaps safe for heroic Ragnaros.

No surprise then, accepted. Just do something with that butt-ugly nickname for god's sake.

Just for sport then - and without checking! - which traps trigger Entrapment? big_smile

#5 2011-10-21 01:10:57

Tasteofdeath
Guild Member

"which traps trigger Entrapment" - Snake and Ice trap!

#6 2011-10-21 02:04:47

Apox
Founding Member
Website

Lamme wrote:

the complete lack of punctuation in the application proves the fact that you're indeed a UK person

I laughed cause it's true big_smile

https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/q03263-2.png

Board footer