Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2011-10-27 17:59:09

llandrel
Uncertified member

Llandrel Holy Paladin - declined

Well i have never wrote an application without a template but here i go
About Me :

My name is Liam im 17 years old (18 on november 18th) and im from Manchester England, I started playing wow when i was 13 about 2 weeks before the release of TBC and started raiding in TBC.
As i was young when i started playing i copied my dads character and his name however i played alliance and he played horde. So thats why i play paladin. When i started raiding Kara i wanted to play Retribution but i got told to go Holy which i did and i'm so grateful for that choice and i have never looked back. I have never switched from being holy and haved played it all through TBC WOTLK and now Cata.
race: human
item level: 376

Vanilla EXP: I never raided in vanilla due to being so young and only getting the game a few weeks before the release of TBC.

BC: I made friends with another player on my original realm of burning legion and we both took a free transfer to spinebreaker where i met many people who i played with until we finnished kara. The server has such a sparse alliance population i ahd to look to other guilds to raid the rest of TBC so i joined a new guild one of the 2 raiding BT and MH (yes i missed out SSC and TK) we progressed well and i helped them progress from shade up to a Illidan kill (Pre Nerf). Then the Nerf came in and we killed 3 bosses in the sunwell. However my happy story of the best guild i was ever in ends there as we disbanded very shortly into WOTLK because people were tired and lots of our members quit wow very early on

Wotlk: Since my guild split and my original friends migrated to stormreaver i decided to leave the server as well however i took a different route to auchindoun  because my dad played there and i wanted to kill him. I joined a guild during Ulduar and we killed everything there and progressed on a few heroics however my new guild during the end of WOTLK decided to move to 10player because people quit the game during the one year wait for Cata.

Cata: i transfered here to Stormreaver and joined up with my old friends from spinebreaker (i decided to because if i was raiding 10 man i wanted to raid with my original friends) this guild was called Eternum. Eternum where a social guild for startes during the beg of cata so the core decided to create another guild for those interested to go more Hardcore then the social stuff eternum hade to offer. So we created the guild Sirocco, we progessed good in BwD and downed everythign except the 2 last ones, aswell as 2/4 in BoT, downed 1/2 in ToTfourwinds.  we where just about to get them 2last bosses in Bwd down when our GM whent inactive due he wanted to try on the then new game called Rift. He was also our raid leader but left the responsibly to some officers in our guild including one of your own Sofiis. We tryed to recruit new players to those that whent inactive after the gm "left" but it all colapsed and we only managed to down the bosses we hade already down and made no progess at all due ppl where only online during raid times. I got bored of the game and went inactive to revise for my exams and to take them (I Got 4As at As level xD) when i came back i joined the Brotherhood of the Wolf which shortly after i joined collapsed and then i joined Lords of Ironhearts which i am currently a member of
however recently we can no longer get members together for 25 mans and they have decided to go 10man and since 3 officers are healers i no longer get a space to heal (or i rarely do). However before we went 10man i have 5/7 heroic and i know the tactics for both alystrsor and ragnoros (the 2 we haven't done) in heroic Firelands

How i found out about you: I was talking to Sofiis recently and i told him my predicament and he said i should apply to join you i said ill see how the 10mans go but now i know i'm not going to get to raid as often as i want i am now applying to you.

My experience as a paladin healer is nearly unbeatable i as you read i have played a holy paladin since i started raiding i keep up to date with all changed using MMO champion to see how ill have to change my rotation and i use General google to see how i should change what im doing if i think im doing it wrong (for instance if i suddenly am doing 1k hps less than i was the evening before) My Armory page is http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s … rel/simple

My current gear is a mix of Firelands normal and Fireland heroic mainly (with a little bwd gear) but i believe my healing standard makes up for my lack in gear but i know if you gave me a trial i can show you what im made of and prove that i am the great healer i believe i am.

Cataclysm Raid experiense :

BwD all bosses with every boss except Atramedes and Nefarion on heroic

ToTfw 2/2

BoT 4/4 with the first one on Heroic

BH 2/2 LoL ^^
Firelands: im on 7/7 with 5/7 heroic as said earlier its on alystrasor and Ragnaros i haven't kileed but i know tactics for both

I want to help the guild progress but i also want to raid 25mans not 10mans i hope you will take my application and read carefully and hopefully accept me. I want to raid Firelands and the raid in 4.3 on 25man and i want to progress well and quickly so hopefully you'll give me a shot at helping you progress

Profession Jc/Alch 525 however i havee a druid alt level 84 which has mining/herbing 525 so i can easily gather my raw materials

Hopefully you'll take care reading my app and consider it a lot i also hope you give me a trial

Edit: i also have a prot off spec however the gear standard is no where near as good as my holy spec gear

Yours Llandrel!!!

Last edited by llandrel (2011-10-27 18:02:35)

#2 2011-10-28 00:24:36

Axc
Leading Team

Re: Llandrel Holy Paladin - declined

Hey.

1. According the quick peak at Elitist Jerks paladin theorycrafting, int should be fairly superior when comparing to spirit. How come you gem for pure spirit, and use spirit enchants?
2. Also, as you use pure spirit gems on all blue sockets, and pure yellow gems on allow yellow sockets, did you consider using mixed color gems (purple/orange), or even skipping the socket bonus and going pure int instead?
3. What is the ruleset behind your reforging? On some items you leave mastery unreforged, on some you reforge from it to crit or haste, you reforge from haste to spirit, from spirit to haste or crit. In general, haste should be the king, not at the expense of regen ofc (there is also some results from crit and even a specific niche for mastery, but that is very much healer setup or encounter dependant).

Last edited by Axc (2011-10-28 00:37:16)

#3 2011-10-28 00:55:18

llandrel
Uncertified member

Axc wrote:

Hey.

1. According the quick peak at Elitist Jerks paladin theorycrafting, int should be fairly superior when comparing to spirit. How come you gem for pure spirit, and use spirit enchants?
2. Also, as you use pure spirit gems on all blue sockets, and pure yellow gems on allow yellow sockets, did you consider using mixed color gems (purple/orange), or even skipping the socket bonus and going pure int instead?
3. What is the ruleset behind your reforging? On some items you leave mastery unreforged, on some you reforge from it to crit or haste, you reforge from haste to spirit, from spirit to haste or crit. In general, haste should be the king, not at the expense of regen ofc (there is also some results from crit and even a specific niche for mastery, but that is very much healer setup or encounter dependant).

1 From the start of Cata i found it very hard to keep my mana up even with int so even though i had a lot of mana i used it up very quickly and since then i have stuck to spirit so i can also have a good suply of mana.
2 i have never really liked the though of going full out int but if you believe a mix of haste/int or spirit/int is the way to ill change if tats whats needed but my healing as always been so high i needed the mana regen to keep me flowing as i generally heal in a different way to most paladins
3 my reforging i try to keep all stats constant but putting haste as my priority so if something is lacking i reforge to gain that stat i generally try to do it with spirit and haste so i stack spirit to reforge it into haste and with a paladins mastery it sucks with a little but is much greater once you get to around 15-20% so i try to keep it around that mark

#4 2011-10-28 20:25:36

Axc
Leading Team

llandrel wrote:

1 From the start of Cata i found it very hard to keep my mana up even with int so even though i had a lot of mana i used it up very quickly and since then i have stuck to spirit so i can also have a good suply of mana.
2 i have never really liked the though of going full out int but if you believe a mix of haste/int or spirit/int is the way to ill change if tats whats needed but my healing as always been so high i needed the mana regen to keep me flowing as i generally heal in a different way to most paladins
3 my reforging i try to keep all stats constant but putting haste as my priority so if something is lacking i reforge to gain that stat i generally try to do it with spirit and haste so i stack spirit to reforge it into haste and with a paladins mastery it sucks with a little but is much greater once you get to around 15-20% so i try to keep it around that mark

1. At your gear level, on 6 min fight 100 intellect gives you 110mp5 and 121 spellpower and 0,17% crit. Spirit gives 132mp5. Would 22mp5 offset the loss of 121 spellpower?
2. Intellect gives better throughput than any secondary stats. As noted on the 1., intellect also gives almost equal regen to spirit.
3. You say you stack (gem) spirit so you can then reforge spirit into haste. So basically, you're converting intellect to haste, because you stack spirit at the cost of intellect. Interesting. Also, as mastery scaling is linear, there is no sudden bumps at the stat value.

If you don't believe the theorycrafting the folks at ElitistJerks have done, can you find any really progressed holy paladin (pick someone from top100 guilds around the world) gemming for pure spirit? I'm fairly sure they all go with red whenever the socket bonus is less than 10 int, and mixed color otherwise.

#5 2011-10-28 21:35:59

Dejavu
Guild Member

Intel PWN everything by far, then Spirit>Haste>Crit>Mastery, or Crit>Spirit>Mastery>Haste, depending on playstyle.

Last edited by Dejavu (2011-10-28 21:37:42)

http://sig.allvatar.com/signatur/688772JVzln.pngArmory Link
Apocalypsč

#6 2011-10-29 03:31:21

llandrel
Uncertified member

Hmmmm well i understand your ideas very well so ill take them onboard and regem into int unless the socket is above 10int then ill mix colors thanks for the advice sorry for the late reply im kinda away till sunday as i have work all weekend hmm But once im back on sunday ill regem

Last edited by llandrel (2011-10-29 03:31:52)

#7 2011-10-30 11:35:57

Lamme
Guildmaster

Declined

Board footer