Guild Member

Human Death Knight Application - accepted

Name: Frederic

Char Name: Issalan

Class: Death Knight

Race: Human

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … lan/simple

Spec: Frost

Talent Points Distribution: The one i have atm is pretty much the same i used for levelling with the exception of putting my 1 point on a pale horse to Butchery for that one little rune per 5 secs.. For the rest the choices in frost spec are pretty commen. Then also the choice of putting 3 points in bladed armor is purely to increase the dps. then i put the rest of my talent points in virulence and epidemic. Im pretty sure most frost dps have 3 points in virulence but why epidemic is simply so that i have extra time before applying one plague strike and then again outbreak wich has a cd of 1 min and this allows me to wait a bit longer before applying it again for example when ads need to be killed. But ofcourse like all things, this can change and in that case i wil make the neccesary adjustments to my spec. ( for every unique situation, an unique spec is required )

Reason Why Im Applying To This Guild:
When i was levelling this char and an other char named Myridan who is a warrior, i alrdy made the decision that immediate when i dinged 85 i would start to look for a raiding guild and start raiding asap. Mostly because when i think about wow, raiding is the thing that first comes to mind and also the most fun when done in a fun environment. I always preferred to joining starting guilds because then ya can actually be part of the building up of the guild and see it grow plus the connection between people in the guild gets better and it results in a much better atmosphere. But these guilds when not properly managed usually fail because of the flaws and inexperience of the leaders. This is why i always try to join guilds wich leadership is made of friends or ppl who have been playing for a very long time together. Or guilds who have alrdy been around since vanilla. Three weeks ago when i dinged this guy, i immediate joined the raiding guild named Loyalty and in order to get into raids asap i started farming all those instances and reputation for my inscriptions of head and shoulders. Previously before joining the guild, i was made aware that the guild raids 4 evenings every week, but in the last three weeks, ive seen minimum 2 of the 4 raid evenings been cancelled and alot of ppl just not showing up uncluding Gm and Officers or just showing up late.  I got to know these guys in the guild and most of them are very friendly and fun to be with but i joined the guild primarely to raid and i just dont see it happening and frankly i dont wanne wait another month to see this being solved, and then i see you guys doing 25 mans and having a steady flow of ppl showing up and brings me back to Wotlk when we could go 4 nights a week and still have enough dps and tank and healers to fill in if we lost half of our coregroup to sudden RL stuff. Since Cata came, i havent seen that very much and was very dissapointed in that but i have been playing horde for most of both Wotlk and Cata so the playersbase there differs alot then the one on ally side.  ( All in all, your guild sounds perfect too me)

Possible Problem:
I would like to adres the issue now that im applying with this low geared char.
The fact is that i played almost only horde during my entire wow career and that the last year ive been playing on the horde side of this realm, i simply dont have any high geared allience chars but im kinda sick of horde and now i would like to start anew on allience, to be frank the only reason why i didnt stopped with horde months ago was bcs of my guild wich for reasons i will adress later in the World of Warcraft and Me section is no longer a factor.
Its true he only dinged three weeks ago but ive alrdy made enormous amounts of progress of the acquisition of gear and im quite sure whatever gear i currently miss, will be made up partially bye my experience.

Flexibility Raid Nights: Atm im pretty open for every day and can change my shedule to the needs of the guild.

Flexibility Player: About classes experience, ive raided with every class as my main during my wow career with exception of the shaman and drood. So im very flexible in my playstyle also specs i changed quite alot. But my longest mains has been my surv hunter/fire mage/protadin. I must admit my raid healing isnt one of my best abilities and it is something wich i rarely do. Im more a dps/tank type.

Internet Stability: It is stable, i only had two dcs in the last 3 months in wich i raided 3 nights a week every week for 3 hours each night and each dc i was able to log right back in and was never during a fight but more like getting in the instance or being ported and stuff like that.

World of Warcraft and Me: My homerealm was Nordrassil where i started during tbc and also my first raiding experience was obtained there. The first one i joined was named Naga stole my bike and they kinda learned me the game of raiding and we mostly did kara. I stayed for them till pretty much the end of tbc in wich the leaders decided to disband the guild bcs they personally were quitting the game. During wotlk i joined numerous guilds bcs it was pretty hectic there with the smaller guilds frequently being absorbed bye the bigger ones so that they could do heroic 10 man and 25 man. So i followed the leaders when something like that happened. i cleared nax many times and also most of the achs for it when it was still the only real raid then i got bored and stopped with the game for 1 month in wich i came back when i finally joined the 2nd best guild of the servers with my mage named bane wich was lead bye the dk Junice who was the best dk of the server if not in the list of the 10 best dks of the world. ( sorry i know looks a bit like a wowcrush but she was rly good.... ) i stayed with them till icc in wich junice disbanded the guild and merged with her best players to Kyl wich was the best guild of the realm and stayed the best one it was officially disbanded a year later or so bcs of the transfer of many of the best ppl to other realms including me. Bye the end of icc, when i got bored i came here to start as allience but that didnt last longer then 2 months and i decided to go back to Nordrassil but when i got back i saw the guild got disbanded and all my friends were either transferred or just left the game altogether. So i started a new "life" among the horde side of this realm where i stayed till 2 months ago and i went back to allience but i still raided with my guild there wich was named Escalated in wich im stil in atm but it does not raid anymore since a month ago because a huge dispute made 2 of the core group in wich im part of leave the guild so raiding has been cancelled till panda time. but like i said before i was alrdy planning to leaving the horde side forever and that the only thing holding me there was that guild and the raiding i could do but now most of the ppl are inactive so for me this is the end and now i want to focus solely on allience for the rest of cata and the entire mop expansion. I intend to make this guild( if accepted) the guild i raid with the entire Mop expansion,
Im saying this to make clear my commitment to the guild

Raiding Experience:  Cleared kara quite alot of times during tbc, in wotlk i cleared everything at the time it was the main raid so nax when it was the main then ulduar then toc and so fort. I missed most of Cata and my only real raiding experience is Ds. I know the tacts of every boss there on hc. But only got ach of 4 of them wich i did clear alot of times, also Hagara can be counted among those ach bcs the night we were going to kill her the dispute started.

Goal Of Raiding: Simple: Fun

And that is obtained bye trying to progress in a difficult raid fight with a good and fun team when after a few days/weeks of wiping we finally down that boss. Also i dont rlly care about loot wich can be testamented bye my previous raid collegues of Escalated where no hunter stuff dropped for 3 months and when i say nothing i rlly mean one item in 3 months.... in wich we all can agree to is pretty bad. Also got np in giving my loot to someone else if it helps the guild. The only reason why i would want gear is if that gear would enable me to join future raids with my guild.

Professions Choise: Because they were two crafting profs i didnt have on the ally side and they give reasonable perks to the char for example the chimera's eye for jc and socket gloves and bracers for bs. Raid intended decision

Addons Choise: All the ones needed for any raid.

Raid Support: I have both Alchemy and Cooking on my Warrior http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … dan/simple

Comments: I truly hope to be accepted in the guild, both for the raiding and the community. And aswell to become a part of the good old fashioned 25 mans wich i truly loved in Wotlk and hope to go back too since my depature of the horde side wich had a too low playerbase for this. Hope to see ya all in the guild soon.

#2 2012-06-22 10:34:11

Utopie
Guild Member

Re: Human Death Knight Application - accepted

I'm not gonna make any comment about your gear, except the fact you lack some enchants. I'm gonna say few words about your spec.

The point you have in On a Pale Horse is useless. Why would you need in a raid that? More useful would be to put the second point in Butchery.
Also, 3 points in Epidemic are waste of dps. I admit most of DKs have points in Epidemic, but you don't need 3 points to time your diseases with Outbreak, 2 points are enough. My advice is to remove the 3rd point and make an investment in Icy Reach.

«– What's "God"? – Well, you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you.»

#3 2012-06-22 13:50:08

Issalan
Guild Member

Well the enchants were my fault, i wasnt planning to apply like this, but i wanted to apply before i went off so you guys would have the next day too look it over. I was going to fix my spec the next morning and also get my enchants in order wich now have been done. I just changed my spec a day ago bcs i never put a point in pale on a rider before , i just did this on a whim bcs i needed one more point to advance and didnt rlly see the gain bye putting it in icy reach. well all these things have been done and again am very sorry to apply myself in such an unprepared state like it looks atm

#4 2012-06-22 14:49:42

Lamme
Guildmaster

Thanks for the application, we will get back to you prior next reset.

Meanwhile, my advise is to spend that time working on the gear (no irony or mocking involved, I understand the explanation given in the application).

#5 2012-06-26 00:56:49

Lamme
Guildmaster

Accepted

Contact us in game for an invite.

Board footer