You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2012-11-24 01:56:50

Soraya
Guild Member

Soraya- Feral Druid - accepted

Personal Information

How good is your English: If you don't mind poor spelling at times its good.
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in: maybe >.>

Character Information

Nickname: Soraya
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … ayá/simple
Main-spec: Feral
Off-spec: Guardian and Moonkin
Professions: Leatherworking and Alchemy

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness (this helps loads): Not any up to date logs but anything from around http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/2793/calendar/01-12/ or earlier should give a fair idea.

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally.: Yes, although by the nature of shared gear some of the gems/enchants need changing every time I go guardian from feral.

Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them: On the server only a monk which is purely for professions. Have every class at 85 on other servers(mainly Kazzak) but only likely to move a mage at this point if anything, too expensive to move all and its a nice relaxing class to play and raid on. Got a 65 druid I'll finish leveling at some point soon.

Raiding Experience (be thorough here, the more information you give us, the better; both pre-Cataclysm and present progress is interesting for us; tell us about previous guilds): Vanilla: Started raiding with Solid during their BWL progress and cleared the rest of the content with them up until 4 Horsemen in nax.
TBC: Everything while it was current content, moved from Frostwhisper to Kazzak and joined Slashcry during Black Temple due to alliance raiding pretty much dieing on Frostwhisper.
Wrath: Nax and Ulduar with Slashcry, after this I took an extended break from the game.
Cataclysm: All content pre-nerf with Slashcry. Then Slashcry died and too the last on Kazzaks alliance raid ability with it sad.
MoP: First non-LFR raid was with you this week.

What attendance should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45): Realistically I can attend every raid but if there's an excess of people signed on Mondays I'm likely to use that time elsewhere if I'm not required.

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (in particular, any of the days we are raiding at that does not suit you): Not really, beyond birthday/Christmas or emergency  I'm relatively flexible on when I play.

At this point of time, how long do you expect you will continue playing WoW: Well assuming nothing goes majorly wrong I'll still be playing until the next expansion atleast.

Why are you good at playing your class (don't quote Elitist Jerks, don't give us the stuff every semi decent guide holds; convince us you're good your own way): Experience really, more with the game than any specific class, means I don't screw up very often and I tend to learn new fights quickly. Even more so as a feral druid I don't tend to have to think what to do its just an automatic response by this point which allows me a lot of time to think when I play.

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs: Con for feral is fairly obvious, its melee and that can always find a way to cause problems. Not really any other major issues in pve, dps is competative although does need a change in priorities for reforging depending on the effectiveness of bleeds in a given fight and aoe needs. The high mastery values combined with long duration dots are very useful for fights with short breaks in melee dps time, ie Zor'lok. Survivability is resonable, self heals+ cooldowns work well and if needed symbiosis adds to the options. Although its lost a lot of its flexibility there's still a lot to play with for druids, extra movement speed, emergency offspeccing with heart of the wild, symbiosis so just the all round capability and adaptability is probably still the greatest strength on new fights. I'd normally have more to say on this but a lack of raiding this expansion limits my experience base for it.

When approaching new content, a fight that both you and the raid will try for the first time, how do you prepare (be precise here, "I read tactics on internet" doesn't cut it; we seen our share of players who" knew tactics for all bosses" and then failed miserably in terms of actual preparations): Well previously my prefered method was getting a view of the boss for myself and then working out the best method in the early wipes but since its not going to be going for heroics before there are vids released I'll be going with watching kill videos and reading the Dungeon Journal then working out how best to work the fight.

Tell us about a single fight where you had some particular assignment, what it was, how you approached it, what research did you do (a good example for dps players used to be Spine of Deathwing heroic).: Baleroc: Calculated I could solo soak a crystal with all cooldowns and tol-Barad trinket which we tended to use along with a shadow priest on the second to allow healers to build stacks early on, as well as trying to time my last bleed applications before I got one shot during enrage during the pre nerf fights. Ultraxion: Ran a dps spec utilizing Tol-Barad resist trinket to soak every 3rd aoe and 4 part with glyph to provide the raid healing bonus at the 5 minute mark. Spine:hybrid tank spec with on use firelands rep trinket for burst, mixed tanking extra bloods on 3rd plate with high burst dps on first 2 tendons. Research was basically a try it and see to find the balance between survivability and dps beyond the basic tradeoff of Blood in the Water and Predatory Strikes for Thick Hide/Natural Reaction. Frenzied regen got used with 4 part to help heal during rolls so had to make sure I had sufficient cooldowns for 6th burn phase on the tendon which meant working out the best timing in advance to get the most uses from each during the harder pars of the fight.

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us: Auriela mentioned it to me while I was just messing about in leveling guilds so decided to see how it was.

What do you expect from us, as a guild: Just a chance to do some casual raiding in a pleasant environment.

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum): Yes, both the rules and dkp threads.

When unsure about any aspect of the game, be that tactics, class specific assignments, how do you proceed: Ask the raid leader or another player with the same role to clarify things. If all else fails I'll play carefully and watch how others are performing a role while ensuring I don't mess anything up until I'm sure how things are working.

Why do you play WoW, what are your objectives, why commit more than 10 hours a week to a computer game: Ok as you can probably notice from my past experience its way more than 10 hours a week but frankly the aim has always been to enjoy myself and see everything in the game. I don't have time for hardcore raiding now, well ok I do but I'm choosing not to, so I'll go with a more relaxed way to play.

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application.

Hardware/Connection (we assume your computer and connection are fit for raiding, only tell us about out of ordinary stuff): Computer still plays it well enough but probably going to upgrade some time in January, too many tabs in firefox for world of logs on my second monitor tends to cause issues in wow at the moment.

If you need any other info just ask.

#2 2012-11-24 14:10:45

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Soraya- Feral Druid - accepted

Accepted

Board footer