Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in:

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Xeifer
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b … fer/simple
Mainspec: Retribution
Offspec: Protection
Professions: Jewelcrafting/Enchanting

--

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally. We will likely consult your profile with Mr. Robot. If you're doing something different than it indicates, please explain the reasoning.

Yep, I always make sure my gear is fully taken care of. I use the best enchants possible, the correct gems based on what the best stats are for my spec, and everything is reforged everytime I gain a new item. I use the addon ReforgeLite with my own stat weights, so I am not sure how that compares to Mr. Robot.

--

Do you get enough valor on a weekly basis to upgrade your gear as much as possible?

Yes, I am currently capping valor weekly to upgrade my gear.

--

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:

Currently in PvE, ret does very good overall damage, and when played well, they will reach the higher end of the meters. The only problem I have with ret in MoP, is the spec provides average sustained DPS. To compensate, we can do extremely high burst damage during CD's, which is where most of the damage comes from.

Ret has a lot of utility and self-healing. Hand spells and devotion aura have helped a lot in certain encounters. Sacred shield is a very useful tool I use as a filler spell in my rotation, for decent mitigation throughout a fight. LoH/WoG are also very valuable for keeping alive when there is a need for it.

--

Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them:

I have a 3 90 alts at the moment, gearing for them has been slow.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b … xel/simple - Lock that I have been gearing primarly for PvP as of late. Specced for Destro which I can play well, but isn't that great for PvE at the moment.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b … ell/simple - Frost/Blood. Can play these specs fairly well. gear is not the best due to running LFR's as my only option for raids.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b … ero/simple - Feral/Guardian Druid - Again, can play these specs pretty well, but haven't done many LFR's on the toon yet.

I currently have a few other toons nearing 90 (Shaman, Mage, Warrior, Rogue), which I will be gearing on and off.

--

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.
Without this, you will most likely be rejected.

Unfortunately, my guild has been inactive and has never used WoL. I did a quick run of MSV LFR, so I could post screenshots of the results shown below:
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8012 … 210051.jpg - Elegon
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/630/ … 210106.jpg - Spirit Kings

Keep in mind these are just basic Skada readings from two LFR fights, as LFR is all I am limited to at the moment. Not many people in LFR know what they are doing, and the group setups aren't exactly optimal.

--

Which pve addons do you use?

Raid Addons: DBM, Skada.
Class Addons: Chronobars, NugComboBar, OmniCC.
General Addons: TipTac, ReforgeLite, Bagnon, Prat, AtlasLoot, NPCScan.

--

Show us your UI.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/6063 … 220438.jpg - Using a very basic UI at the moment, but gets the job done. Missing DBM timers and raid frames, which I have on during raids.

--

Raiding Experience (be thorough here, the more information you give us, the better; both pre-MoP and present progress is interesting for us; tell us about previous guilds):

In vanilla, the first raiding guild i joined was <Disorganised> on A-N. When I took a break from WoW shortly after the release of BC, they ended up disbanding, leaving me without a guild when I came back. Before the release of Wrath, i joined <is a sinner> a 25m guild on horde side.

I was an active raider with them up until the release of Cata, when many core members decided they wanted to form a new guild on Blade's Edge as a 10man. I followed them over to the new guild, but due to some members falling out, some of us left and merged with another raiding guild <Drama> on the same server.

I raided with Drama up until Dragon Soul, which is when we were losing active raiders due to them losing interest in the current content. Drama ended up merging with another guild with the same problem <Cure ii> to become <Dramatic Cure>. I wasn't really happy with how things were in the guild anymore, so I decided to join a newly formed raiding guild, which is also my current guild <Inceptión>.

We did well as a guild during Cata, managing to clear normal and all hc's after only being formed mid way through the content. In MoP, due to members quitting for various reasons, we had many new members, and progress has been extremely slow and pretty poor since release. Right now, there has been very little raiding actively and when there is, progress is still very bad.

So now, I want to start raiding and progressing again with a great guild, and on a new server. Ravencrest is miles apart from Blade's Edge, due to it not being a dead server (like my current one is for horde), with many guilds having great progression through current content. Although my gear is not ideal for your current progression, I wanted to give a shot at applying to your guild because right now, I am very eager and dedicated to progress through heroics once again.

Vanilla Progress:
MC: Cleared.
BWL: Cleared.
AQ40: Cleared up to Twin Emps.

Wrath Progress:
Naxx: Cleared.
Ulduar: Cleared.
ToC: Cleared.
ICC10: Cleared. ICC25: Cleared up to LK25hc.

Cata Progress:
BwD/BoT: 12/12, 6/12hc
FL: 7/7, 6/7hc
DS: 8/8, 8/8hc

Current MoP progress has been bad due to reasons stated above. With my current guild, I have only cleared 8 bosses in normal.

--

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply.

I will be able to make every raid, until whatever time. I will also make sure that I have a near 100% attendance.

--

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week):

Nope.

--

Why are you good at playing your class (don't qoute Elitist Jerks, don't give us the stuff every semi decent guide holds; convince us you're good your own way):

I have been playing a paladin since WoW released, and I have been raiding as Retribution since the start of Wrath. It is the class i most enjoy playing, which is why I have stuck with it as my main ever since. I know my spec inside out, and always keep up-to-date with everything involved with the class and spec, to maximize DPS, and play the best that I can.

--

When approaching new content, a fight that both you and the raid will try for the first time, how do you prepare (be precise here, "I read tactics on internet" doesn't cut it; we seen our share of players who" knew tactics for all bosses" and then failed miserably in terms of actual preparations):

With my current guild, we would first read or watch a similar tactic for the boss we are currently progressing on (usually from Fatboss guides), and then give the encounter many attempts, while trying to change certain things to suit our raid composition etc.

At the moment I only know the tactics for MSV normals, and half of HoF normals, which is where my current guild has progressed to. I will do my best to read/watch everything I can on new encounters, and learn from attempts.

--

Tell us about a single fight where you had some particular assignment, what it was, how you approached it, what research did you do (a good example for dps players used to be Spine of Deathwing heroic).

Off the top of my head, I remember being assigned to do electromagnet duty on Mimiron, to bring his head down in phase 3. I had to make sure I was fully aware of where the assault bots died, and be very quick on looting/using them, while making sure not to miss when they were actually used. I remembered this particularly because of how fun the fight was to progress on.

--

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us:

As said above, I am looking to start raiding heroics again in a great guild, and on a new server, The Enigma Order looked like the perfect guild to apply to. I decided to go back to alliance again, and so I was researching different alliance realms to xfer to, which was when I came across the guild.

--

What do you expect from us, as a guild:

Mostly, to give me a chance. I realise my gear is not optimal for where you are currently progressing, but as I said above I have not had much chance to obtain higher gear with my current guild, or even server. I am willing to attend every raid, learn every new encounter, learn from mistakes, and play the best that I can do like I always have.

--

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):

Yep, I have read and understood the rules.

--

When unsure about any aspect of the game, be that tactics, class specific assignments, how do you proceed:

For tactics on a fight I have never done before, I would notify the appropriate person (probably the officers) about how they would like me to go about learning for the encounter. If I am expected to learn it in my own way, I would watch various videos/guides on the encounter, and then learn from the fight by actually trying it.

--

Why do you play WoW, what are your objectives, why commit more than 10 hours a week to a computer game:

I play and raid in WoW because it is something i really enjoy doing. I love raiding and progressing with an awesome guild, and I feel my time is well spent when doing so.

--

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application.

I think I have said all that I needed to say in the above questions smile.

--

HARDWARE

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany.

Ping: 28ms
D/L: 37.53mbps
U/L: 7.66mbps

--

Give us a brief specification of your computer - enough to assure it can handle 25 man raids.

My computer can handle 25 man raids no problem.

Specs:
CPU: AMD A10 Quad Core, 3.2Ghz.
GPU: AMD Radeon 7660.
RAM: 8 GB DDR3.

--

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers?

Current guild uses vent, but can download and use TS3 no problem. Mic recently stopped working, but can be replaced in one or two weeks max. May be able to get a spare (although very poor) mic before that if it is really necessary.

--

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok?

Sure I don't mind that.

#2 2013-01-15 02:08:55

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Xeifer - Retribution Paladin - accepted

Thank you for your application, we will do out best to get back to you on Tuesday, before next reset starts.

#3 2013-01-15 02:22:04

Lamme
Guildmaster

Actually, having read your application, I have an answer ready without delay.

Accepted

HOWEVER
please make sure you contact me before migrating. I should be online most of the time on Tuesday, you're looking for a gnome named Smalle.

What was the grade your connection received in the Speedtest?

#4 2013-01-15 02:43:05

Xeifer
Guild Member

Hey, thanks for the very quick reply, it is awesome to be accepted so quick!

I will contact you on Tue like you asked, before an xfer.

My grade in the Speedtest result was A.

#5 2013-01-15 17:57:25

Lamme
Guildmaster

There is a pretty common issue with your migration going on right now Xeifer - I'm getting your whispers, but I am unable to respond or find you in game in general.

You need to consult this with game masters, they fix it pretty fast.

#6 2013-01-15 18:13:19

Lamme
Guildmaster

Still the same issue, a simple restart won't fix it I'm afraid, you do need GM intervention. Not the first time this happens, not at all. Out of curiosity - try doing a /who xeifer yourself, I wonder what result you get.

#7 2013-01-15 18:42:07

Xeifer
Guild Member

Well this is annoying. it is over a 5 hour wait time for response on the ticket.

In case you didn't see my last whisper, my name has an accent 'í' in it, until I can get a name change. I had a problem with that too. That may be why you couldn't see me in /who.

Last edited by Xeifer (2013-01-15 18:42:45)

Board footer