You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2013-01-22 15:05:43

Mack
Guild Member

Mackadin - Mackster (Paladin/Hunter) - accepted

PERSONAL INFORMATION

How good is your english: Solid and Fluent, Got a TOEFL degree.

Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in:

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Mackadin / Mackster

Armory Link:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … din/simple
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … ter/simple

Mainspec: Retribution / Survival

Offspec: Protection / Beast Mastery

Professions: Paladin(BS-JC) – Hunter (BS-LW) – Both will be completed during the week

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally. We will likely consult your profile with Mr. Robot. If you're doing something different than it indicates, please explain the reasoning.

I always enchant – gem and reforge my gear for the best, at the moment some of my enchants are low-ones (Exm: Windsong instead of Dancing Steel) The reason for this is since I was pugging only for the last 4 months I got back to game, I wanted to save the gold I have for the time I decide to go back to raiding, Since I decided that now everything will be fitting the place soon enough. (1 Week Max)

Do you get enough valor on a weekly basis to upgrade your gear as much as possible?

Of course, But I do not use them anyhow yet for nothing. Only using the Valor I have when I have the 4000 Cap, saving the valor for much higher items, for the best gain-back. For that I need to get back the raiding, so that is why I'm saving them.

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:

As it comes to Paladin :

I see there is a lot of changes with the Retribution playing, especially on the AOE side. Also, the new holy power system that gains you 2 extra bonus HP made the rotation more player-style. I've worked a lot on it to make it perfect, for myself atleast. And I accomplished it. Though, in the current content I see that, %90 of the game is not melee friendly (Raiding-Wise).

But having a Retribution Paladin of course helps out (Maybe one of the most) for the defensive and survivability of the raid, since it provides a lot of stuff (Divine Protection, Devotion Aura, HoS, HoP, WoL, LoH) can be tight to save some raid members.

When it comes to the numbers though, I see that Paladin is not one of the best classes to bring up the dps at the moment.

Hunter

Hunter, I'm just levelling my new hunter now and what I see even at level 83 surprises me. It is so powerful, Especially after the %100 SS Buff from Blizzard, Even the AOE is like one of the best at the moment due to Splitting SS with M-S. Single target in the other hand, is another story which is amazingly good as-well. I'm trying two specs now BM and SV, SV Still seems best for Raiding, but I'll see that when I hit 90 with 1 2 days of research and organizing my own talents-keybindings-dummy tests-LFR Tests with the WOL.

That is why I would like to go with hunter, atleast for the current content.

Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them:

I never liked calling one of my character as “Alt” usually I always had “Two Mains”. And I only played 4 classes as main in my World of Warcraft history, which were Hunter – Paladin – Shaman – Druid. Now I will be having 2 mains as-well again as Hunter -  Paladin.

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.

I will give WOL asap, when I level the hunter to top, and LOG some with the paladin in the following week

Which pve addons do you use?

OMEN
Recount
Bigwigs Boss Mods
TUKUI
Bartender
BalancePowerTracker
ReforgeLite
RaidBuffStatus
PowerAurasClassic
InspectFix
NeedToKnow
CLCRet
StayFocused

Show us your UI.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2hogvwh.jpg

Raiding Experience (be thourough here, the more information you give us, the better; both pre-MoP and present progress is interesting for us; tell us about previous guilds):

Experience in TBC:

Double Helix :

I was with them during The Burning Crusade. We did up to Sunwell, like the first 3 bosses in there but then I needed to go to the U.S.A to take Underwater Photographing Lessons, therefore, I wasn’t online for 3 months. I got kicked because of the low raiding attendence.

Karazhan [Cleared] on Hunter
Gruul's lair [Cleared] on Hunter
Zul'aman [Cleared] on Hunter
Serpentshrine Cavern [Cleared] on Hunter
Hyjal Summit [Cleared] on Hunter
Black Temple [Cleared] on Hunter
Sunwell [3/6] on Hunter [Pre-nerf]

Experince in WOLTK:

Drain Bamage :

After I came back to World Of Warcraft, first I dinged to 80 and pugged some, Than I joined their 25 man without a Guild and impressed them with my skills and they offered me a spot in the Guild as Raider. I joined Drain Bamage and raided with them for 5 months. After that I had an argument with an Officer and he kicked me without a reason.

Stones :

I raided with Stones for 4 months when they were raiding in Ahn'Qiraj, then they decided to migrate to Drak'thul, but I didn’t want to go to a Server full of Slovakian’s. Since migrating Stones have become a top Guild on Dark’thul and are moving up the Rankings in Europe aswell.

Double Helix:

After Stones migrated I joined Double Helix again and progressed with them a lot. At this time Double Helix were the leading Guild on the Server grabbing every single Server First Ulduar Hard Mode, excluding one which they never tried – Alone in the Darkness. However, after Trial Of Grand Crusader came up, people started to quit game out of frustration, lack of motivation or getting burnt out or leaving the Guild to go elsewhere. Double Helix has now basically disbanded and ceases to exist as a Raiding Guild.

Method :

I was a bit low geared for that time when I applied Method, but due my application and my Logs provided with that items, I got accepted. My trial period was a bit long there around 1,5 monhts, than I got promoted and raided with Method for like 4 months more. At that time, I had health problems, went to surgeries and such. Didn't have power or time for hardcore raiding, So I quitted the game in that part of my life, sold my account.

Naxxramas 25man [Cleared] on Hunter (Realm First)
Obsidian Sanctum 25man [Cleared] on Hunter (incl. 3drakes Kill) (Realm First)
Malygos 25man [Cleared] on Hunter (Realm Second)
Ulduar 10man [Cleared] on Hunter [incl. Hard-modes]
Ulduar 25man [Cleared] on Hunter [incl. Hard-modes] (Realm-First Algalon)
Trial of the Crusader [Cleared] on Hunter
Trial of the Grand Crusader 10man [5/5] on Hunter [Incl. Insanity] (pre-nerf)
Trial of the Grand Crusader 25man [5/5] on Hunter [Incl. Insanity] (pre-nerf) (Realm First)
Icecrown Citadel 10man Heroic [12/12] on Hunter
Icecrown Citadel 25man Heroic [12/12] on Hunter (pre-nerf)(LK with %10) (Realm First)

Experience in Cataclysm :

Ancient Defilers:

Ancient Defilers had 4 Turkish players (1 Guild Master) and 6-7 International Players (one of them is raid-leader) we were at rank Top10 world as 10 man guild. I came back to game with this guild. Levelled up a new shaman and druid, And progressed with them till Ragnaros Heroic came across. They were raiding together for a long time, And Ragnaros fight at release of Firelands, in 10 man was just frustration for everyone. And they all quitted the game and disbanded guild with that boss.

Sublime:

After that I went to Twisting Nether-EU with my friends and joined Sublime. I got an offer to be Officer and Raid-Leader there, and accepted. I combined Sublime with another guild and progressed bit, but I wasn't seeing hope in the players I have and I couldn't find better, in the end no one applies a guild without progression.

Flat Earth Society:

FES offered me a Trial spot instant, Since I didn't see any hope in Sublime I joined FES. In a short-story, I've finished Cataclysm with Flat Earth Society as playing my Hunter and Paladin(Protection-Retri). And quitted the game again, gave my account to my fellow friend that wanted to continue World of Warcraft and raid.

Bastion of Twilight 10man Heroic [5/5] on Shaman&Druid (Realm First)
Throne of the Four Winds 10man Heroic [2/2] on Shaman&Druid (Realm First)
Blackwing Descent 10man Heroic [6/6] on Shaman&Paladin&Druid (Realm First)
Firelands 10man Heroic [6/6] on Shaman&Paladin&Hunter (pre-nerf till Ragnaros)
Dragon Soul 10man Heroic [8/8] on Shaman&Paladin&Hunter (pre-nerf till Madness)(%5)

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply.

I've already knew the hours, and they are the most perfect times for me to raid, so there will be close-to-none misses from my attendance.

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week):

There is none external factors on the days you mean to raid, or non external factors in my life that can effect my life, I am responsible of my own life for a long time now, and I organize it myself. So there is no issue.

Why are you good at playing your class (don't qoute Elitist Jerks, don't give us the stuff every semi decent guide holds; convince us you're good your own way):

I'm good at playing my classes because mainly I've played them for A LONG TIME, and whenever a change came, even little one I adjusted myself to it tiny and little, working hours to maximize all. With the knowledge that comes from the past, and the system I put to this game I am good at playing them with my researching and profiling the class for the best to me.

When approaching new content, a fight that both you and the raid will try for the first time, how do you prepare (be precise here, "I read tactics on internet" doesn't cut it; we seen our share of players who" knew tactics for all bosses" and then failed miserably in terms of actual preparations):

I usually would like to go for few times, without knowing nothing to see the fight for the first time, than I stop and think some ways to figure out the fight for the best and share it with the RL whisper-based, not with everyone(That would confuse the raid).

Tell us about a single fight where you had some particular assignment, what it was, how you approached it, what research did you do (a good example for dps players used to be Spine of Deathwing heroic).

As Hunter, the most epic fight for me still was ICC Council, Because in our guild, Hunters were responsible of Kinetic Bombs. The communication we had, MD'ing the Purple orbs, Sending our pets to the marked targets by ourselves (Kinetic Bombs), also pulling out the damage needed on the boss. That was just, epic.

I still do not think this will change, that fight will stay as best for me, only as class-wise though. If you still ask the best fight of all, I would say LK and Mimiron.

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us:

I've decided to go back to raiding after a long time, and I was running around in Stormwind, saw the trade spam. I said why not, You want a relaxed raiding, and these guys are looking for someone, so I gave it a shot. Talked with Smalle a bit, I liked what there is. And here I am now.

What do you expect from us, as a guild:

In the current moment, I've experienced every part of this game, top to the bottom, most hardcore to the casual. And I had some breaks from the game due that Blizzard made it worse and worse with each expansion, easy and more easy. I came back now, as casual only. I only like raiding in this game, and I will do it again. But not like hardcore, chasing ranks and stuff. What I expect is a friendly enviroment, proffessional raiding and mature roster to have fun with all together, and progress casually!

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):

I'm okay with all of them.

When unsure about any aspect of the game, be that tactics, class specific assignments, how do you proceed:

I have some web-sites, youtube channels that I follow, and some friends from my old guilds to discuss many things. So when I'm unsure about any-kind of game-related thing I just solve it by asking among friends or doing a deep-research as my-self. The web-sites I follow usually

www.mmo-champion.com
www.elitistjerks.com

Fatboss's Youtube channel
L2R Youtube Channel
Methodwow Youtube Channel

Why do you play WoW, what are your objectives, why commit more than 10 hours a week to a computer game:

I enjoy it. Because it is full of teamwork, communication. At the end, you achieve something after many tries and hours wasted. And that feeling, when you achieve is just epic. Some people may not understand it like "It is just a game" no, the thing that we are doing is more than that. It is whole tactic-making, focusing, communicating with each other etc.

I choose DPS role for it. Simply because that I can not take the stress of healing usually, I can do it but Healing requires one more thing other than skill, which is patience and a different type of focus which I can not type in words. And why I choose DPS over-tanking is that after TBC, Tanking become most boring and easy role in the game in my opinion, but yeah that is just me. But still, I could do all.

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application.

The thing is I care about my UI so much. Updating it all the time, fixing it all the time. Basicly I have everything in my UI for raiding and it is really good to be honest and also I love how it looks!

I stream, fraps. Always when I can. I would like to make movies and stuff. I also made an entry for the guild I've raid-leaded with Adobe After-Effects, Animation. I like to make proffessional work for the guild and myself. I also prepare some guides whenever I have time. I am explaining everything on the video for people which ones I can help. Basically, this is a habbit from “Raid Leader” times of mine.

Some Old Movies below (named Mackadin at those times)(Not frapsed from my computer, only edited. The Voice that leads raids are mine)

http://youtu.be/nGymJ0xyMD0
http://youtu.be/3NMn7uP7QiE

HARDWARE

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2454093514.png

Give us a brief specification of your computer - enough to assure it can handle 25 man raids.

PSU : OCZ 750 Waat 80+ Fatality
Mainboard : ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
CPU : Intel® Core™ i5-3570 Processor (6M Cache, 3.40 GHz)
RAM : CORSAIR Vengeance XMS3 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866Mhz CL9
GPU : GIGABYTE NVIDIA GTX670 OC 2GB GDDR5 256Bit 16x PCIe 3.0
SSD : Force Series™ 3 90GB SATA 3 6Gb/s Solid-State Hard Drive

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers?

Yes, I have a Logitech G-330 and Razer Chieamera – And Yes, I'm able to connect TS3 Servers.

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok?

Of course, I've used to give my Cell-phone and Home-line even adress before, So this is not an issue at all.

Last edited by Mack (2013-01-22 15:26:05)

#2 2013-01-22 17:10:11

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Mackadin - Mackster (Paladin/Hunter) - accepted

Thanks for the application. As discussed in game, we are interested, however at this stage it is a wee bit too early to talk about anything specific.

For starters, we can offer you a social spot to finalize the leveling and maybe lend a helping hand with gearing up early on.

#3 2013-01-25 00:38:16

Mack
Guild Member

Thanks for the comment. I already joined as dicussed, finalizing the levelling. It goes a bit slow due we hit the weekend and I will be at work, but it will finish soon enough.

#4 2013-01-30 18:33:40

Mack
Guild Member

UPDATE:

Hit 90, Engineering(Gnomish) and Blacksmithing are fulled. Working on secondary proffessions at the moment and gearing up on heroics and LFR.

#5 2013-01-31 13:50:16

Lamme
Guildmaster

Goes without saying that at present the gear is not anywhere remotely close to what's needed in raids, but that's no surprise. Regardless, I will accept your application already, grant you testplayer rank and member access to the forum. You will also have events scheduled in Guild Calendar visible already. This is mostly because of my upcomming, short absence, during which no one would be able to set the mentioned things.

Sign up for raids as if you were any other testplayer, but then don't expect to be invited for anything other than clearing of the easy stuff.

Accepted

Board footer