Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2013-01-30 11:15:55

Silandir
Uncertified member

Silandir,human rogue - accepted

PERSONAL INFORMATION

How good is your english: Pretty good,was leaving in UK for 6 years
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in: Im always dedicated to the things i do, trying to improve and achive the best results.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Silandir
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … dir/simple
Mainspec: Assassination
Offspec: Had Combat as offspec,but switched it for Assassination pvp (was bored smile)
Professions: Jewelcrafting,Engineering,both maxed

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally. We will likely consult your profile with Mr. Robot. If you're doing something different than it indicates, please explain the reasoning.

Always fully gemmed,enchanted,reforged,even when the item will be replaced in a couple of days.

Do you get enough valor on a weekly basis to upgrade your gear as much as possible? Mostly im caping valor every week, but can miss some here and there,due to the current lack of raiding (transfered not long ago,current guild is kinda dead :S )

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:

Well,rogue is the only class i play (dont have any alts).I started it couple of weeks before the release of TBC and since then there wasn't a minute i was disappointed.Imo it's not the class that matters,but how you play it.Currently there are no major cons of a rogue class.I'm happy rogues can bring some benefits to the raid nowadays (Swiftblade's Cunning)

Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them:

Have none of them.

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.
Without this, you will most likely be rejected.

Sadly,but i cant provide you with any logs,since the guild is being inactive for quite some time now.Some of us decided to transfer to Ravencrest (we were on Ravenholdt before,'Emerald Eternity" guild).Gonna add a screen from some LFR,if that will do ^^

Which pve addons do you use?

Im using a lot of addons and of course all the needed ones (DBM,Omen,Recount)

Show us your UI.

http://postimage.org/image/er5fyu38z/

Raiding Experience (be thourough here, the more information you give us, the better; both pre-MoP and present progress is interesting for us; tell us about previous guilds):

Vanilla: haven't done any raid back then,'cause when i hitted 60 TBC came out.
TBC: Cleared everything except for BT and Sunwell. Were stuck on Council in BT and i had to take a break from WoW,when Sunwell was released.
WOTLK: Everything cleared,except from Halion hc. (2nd guild OS 25 3D)
Cata:Also everything,apart from TotFW hc.Also missed Council hc and Sinestra at that time.
MoP: MsV was cleared on normal and we've managed to make Stone Guard on hc before our guild became inactive and we had to transfer. sad

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply.

Both days and time suits me perfectly.

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week):

Should be able to join all three raids most of the time,if nothing urgent and unexpected happens.

Why are you good at playing your class (don't qoute Elitist Jerks, don't give us the stuff every semi decent guide holds; convince us you're good your own way):

Well,as i've mentioned above,rogue is the only class i play and being in top 3 guilds nearly all of my WoW carrier i think answers this question.

When approaching new content, a fight that both you and the raid will try for the first time, how do you prepare (be precise here, "I read tactics on internet" doesn't cut it; we seen our share of players who" knew tactics for all bosses" and then failed miserably in terms of actual preparations):

The first thing you need is patience smile Apart from anything you can get from sources and how your class can help to counter this or that mechanic.

Tell us about a single fight where you had some particular assignment, what it was, how you approached it, what research did you do (a good example for dps players used to be Spine of Deathwing heroic).

V&T hc was the most awesome assigment  for me smile (we were 3rd on server to get it done) 'Cause the whole fight is based on you and your movement and awareness.

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us:

Just seen your recruiment macro in general chat and as i was about to look for a decent guild i decided to give it a try.

What do you expect from us, as a guild:

I expect a freindly atmosphere and serious raiding.

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):

I have read and understood all of the guild rules and totally agree with them.

When unsure about any aspect of the game, be that tactics, class specific assignments, how do you proceed:

The best thing,if you are unsure about anything, is to say so. 'Cause saying "Ye,i got it" and wiping the raid after that is not the way to show respect to your fellow guild members. Simply 'cause you are waisting there time.

Why do you play WoW, what are your objectives, why commit more than 10 hours a week to a computer game:

I simply love it. Im trying to achive the best i can in every aspect of the game,while being a part of a friendly community.

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application.

Not much,as your template is quite complete. Im always eager to answer your questions,if you got any.

HARDWARE

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2472822820.png

Give us a brief specification of your computer - enough to assure it can handle 25 man raids.

Atm im playing on the laptop,waiting for my pc to arrive (should be here in the next 2 weeks). Currently:

I7 260QM,2.2 GHz
Geforce GT 630M 2 Gb
4 Gb RAM

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers?

Yes.

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok?

Have no problem with that. smile

#2 2013-01-30 12:06:48

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Silandir,human rogue - accepted

Thank you for the application, we will do our best to answer it today, likely late evening.

#3 2013-01-30 12:38:25

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Silandir,human rogue - accepted

Everything looks good, you're even among the very few persons who actually managed to find Frankfurt and provide just the Speed Test result we ask for. I have to admit I'm somewhat impressed by your gear given the relatively poor progress.

Sadly, you did not manage to avoid one giant flaw - you are not a gnome. We'll have to live with that I guess.

Accepted

Board footer