Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2013-02-03 14:58:58

Kichern
Guild Member

DK Tank - accepted

PERSONAL INFORMATION

How good is your english: Good
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in: Got a son and play to much WoW wink

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Kichern
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s … ern/simple
Mainspec: Blood
Offspec: Frost
Professions: JC / Enchanting

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally. We will likely consult your profile with Mr. Robot. If you're doing something different than it indicates, please explain the reasoning. http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/s … er/kichern

Do you get enough valor on a weekly basis to upgrade your gear as much as possible? Always cap valor so that wont be a problem

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:

Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them: Got to many alts to link em all. But one is my monk and im okey as dps on it, still trying to learn how to tank on it http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s … 3pa/simple

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.
Without this, you will most likely be rejected.

Which pve addons do you use? DBM, Skada, Omen

Show us your UI.

Raiding Experience (be thourough here, the more information you give us, the better; both pre-MoP and present progress is interesting for us; tell us about previous guilds):

Tanked all except Naxx, AQ40 and BWL in vanilla, Cleared everything as rogue dps in TBC, Tanked everything in WoTLK, Cata and MoP

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply. I can attend every raid

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week): Only thing that can keep me from raid is work

Why are you good at playing your class (don't qoute Elitist Jerks, don't give us the stuff every semi decent guide holds; convince us you're good your own way): Ive tanked most of my WoW carrier, i feel confident u will be happy with my preformance

When approaching new content, a fight that both you and the raid will try for the first time, how do you prepare (be precise here, "I read tactics on internet" doesn't cut it; we seen our share of players who" knew tactics for all bosses" and then failed miserably in terms of actual preparations): Well i read tactics, watch videos, try em out on PTR and ask friends that has done it

Tell us about a single fight where you had some particular assignment, what it was, how you approached it, what research did you do (a good example for dps players used to be Spine of Deathwing heroic). Cant really tell u since im tanking most of em but i checked what happens, what will happen and try to be aware about where the rest of the raid is and what they r doing

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us: Applying to raid 25man again, Hessie made me choose u tongue and she´s the one i first heard about u from

What do you expect from us, as a guild: Good raids, nice ppl and fun times smile

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum): The rules seems okey for me. nothing to complain about

When unsure about any aspect of the game, be that tactics, class specific assignments, how do you proceed: Try to learn em by reading up on what is troubling me, watching videos

Why do you play WoW, what are your objectives, why commit more than 10 hours a week to a computer game: I play WoW cause i still find it to be a fun game worth playing.

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application. No

HARDWARE

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany. http://www.speedtest.net/result/2482937167.png

Give us a brief specification of your computer - enough to assure it can handle 25 man raids. Processor : AMD Phenom(tm) II X3 705e processor 2.50 GHz, 4 gb memory. I shouldnt have any problems with 25 man raids

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers? Ofc, use it atm in my guild

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok? Yes sure.

#2 2013-02-03 15:02:02

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: DK Tank - accepted

Thanks for the application, we will get back to you shortly.

Please provide an Armory link presenting your pve gear (ideally both for tanking and dps, this can be done via third party sites such as this)

You've skipped one or two relevant questions, please provide answers to those. Notably:

- What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:
- Link your UI (ideally during a raid encounter)
- I can live without logs, provided you're applying as a tank

I'm particularly to hear your thoughts on DK strenghts and weaknesses versus other tanking classes, seeing how this subject to a rather huge ongoing debate.

#3 2013-02-03 15:14:36

Kichern
Guild Member

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s … ern/simple this is my tanking gear atleast.

I dont really use anything that changes the ui from WoW standard smile

Well i like DK´s as tanks for the sole reason i can keep myself alive alot with DS, i like that we use 2h weapons instead of 1h and shield. For me i dont see any weeknesses, cause i work thru em smile

#4 2013-02-03 16:16:47

Lamme
Guildmaster

Thanks for providing the missing details. That and the in-game chat we had allows me to say that the application is -

Accepted

Provided your gear is slightly behind our average, we may need to switch you in and out a bit in the start, but that shouldn't be very painful.

Bare in mind, migration is often accompanied by a bug that allows you to whisper people on the new server, but makes it impossible for them to answer and contact you in general. Should it happen that your migration is done and there's seemingly no response from us upon your request for an invitation, make sure to check the topic with your application. I'm not sure how RealID behave under such conditions, all the more reson to add me before finalizing the migration (battletag below). The problem gets sorted easily by Game Masters.

Oh and for the love of god - stop upgrading LFR items with valor.

Board footer