#1 2013-02-22 18:05:31

Eosol
Uncertified member

Eosol - Gnome Warlock - declined

PERSONAL INFORMATION
Name:
Robert

Denmark

Last year at High School before University.
Working as a Graphic for a company in Denmark.

How good is your english:
Excellent!

Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in:
I really like to program in my spare time, when I'm not playing WoW.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Eosol
Armory Link: Armory Link
Mainspec: Affliction
Offspec: Destruction
Professions: Maxed Enchanting and maxed tailoring.

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally. We will likely consult your profile with Mr. Robot. If you're doing something different than it indicates, please explain the reasoning.
I got everything except for wrist and main-hand enchant. I got the mats in my bank, so I just need to borrow an enchanter with the recipes.
As for the legendary gem, I'm working on it.

Do you get enough valor on a weekly basis to upgrade your gear as much as possible?
I cap every week.

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:
Affliction's pro is definitely the high damage output, compared to other specs. As for cons, I would say doing trash, since the dots don't get to tick that much.
Another pro is the multi-dotting.

Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them:
I stopped doing alt's in MOP, so that I can focus everything on one character. Although, in Cataclysm I got about 6 or so characters to 85.

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.
Without this, you will most likely be rejected.

I haven't raided yet this tier, although I raided the first and second tier of Cataclysm. Which is why I can't get any WoL logs.

Which pve addons do you use?
I use Recount and BigWigs (Although, I'm thinking about switching back to DBM).

Show us your UI.
Clicky
Sorry, this is the best I can do for now. (I don't have any pictures of me during bosses, since I'm focusing on the boss).

Raiding Experience (be thourough here, the more information you give us, the better; both pre-MoP and present progress is interesting for us; tell us about previous guilds):
None in vanilla, TBC and WoTLK, because I didn't start playing WoW seriously before Cataclysm. But I've been playing WoW since end of Vanilla.

Cataclysm:
This is when I started raiding, I did this with my Holy Paladin in a guild on Frostwhisper. I learned all the basics of raiding in this first guild, although it all ended when they had to cut their roster (/w me in-game for reason)

Then I decided to try something new and rolled horde on a friend's server (Zenedar). Here I found a guild named "Puppeteers", this was when Firelands was released, I then decided to move my Holy Paladin to the server and join their guild.
I did really well with healing in this guild, and had really well mana management (something I learned from the first raiding guild) thus having really high (if not the best) healing numbers, while still having mana saved for emergencies.

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply.
Expect 100%, unless shit hits the fan (which I hope never happen).

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week):
My work, but it's really (really) flexible. So no worries.

Why are you good at playing your class (don't qoute Elitist Jerks, don't give us the stuff every semi decent guide holds; convince us you're good your own way):
My first serious character was a Warlock, which I started during Vanilla/TBC.
Then I rolled a Warlock on Zenedar, which is level 90.
And then last but not least I rolled another Warlock here on Ravencrest, which is now my main.

As you can see, I really love Warlocks and as per usual I always make sure to keep up to date with Elitist Jerks as well as other webpages to make sure I'm optimized.

When approaching new content, a fight that both you and the raid will try for the first time, how do you prepare (be precise here, "I read tactics on internet" doesn't cut it; we seen our share of players who" knew tactics for all bosses" and then failed miserably in terms of actual preparations):
I make sure to read tactics on the internet (text-form) and watch videos on YouTube to get the visual, so that I can make sure I understand everything that happens on the raid fight.
Dungeon Journal is also helpful. Last but not least, I try to find Warlock POV or forums with warlocks discussing such fights. To get an idea of what is best to do on the fight as well as getting tips.

Tell us about a single fight where you had some particular assignment, what it was, how you approached it, what research did you do (a good example for dps players used to be Spine of Deathwing heroic).
Heroic Chimaeron. Since I was on my Holy Paladin I was healing obviously. And we all know this is a healer fight, which makes it really interesting. All the coordination there was from the healer perspective was a lot of fun.
And of course having to communicate with other healers to make sure everything went smoothly.

Keep in mind I was pretty new to raiding during this encounter, so I had felt like I had a lot of pressure on this fight. But I do like being pressured (having to concentrate on doing the highest possible DPS, while still doing the boss mechanics right and not standing in shit).

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us:
I'm looking for a raiding guild currently and so I was looking through WoWProgress for a fitting guild. I then came across yours and it seemed like a perfect fit.
You've a really good raiding schedule and even better, you're looking for Warlocks!

What do you expect from us, as a guild:
I expect you're acting "professional" during raid encounters, meaning you'll do your best during raid progress.

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):
Yes, I read the rules and also looked at your DKP system.
And have no problems with them at all.

When unsure about any aspect of the game, be that tactics, class specific assignments, how do you proceed:
If there's a boss mechanic I'm unsure about before a pull. I just ask in VT/TS to make sure we don't fail because of me.
But if it's a class specific assignment I'm confused about, I might just whisper a person who does it perfectly, so I don't disturb the raid leader.

Why do you play WoW, what are your objectives, why commit more than 10 hours a week to a computer game:
WoW is pretty much a perfect game for me, so much to do. PvE is really fun and makes you feel like you accomplished something. And I really like doing PvP for fun, and WoW PvP is the only one I like currently, since there are so many buttons instead of just a single gun in FPS games.
Last but not least, you can play with friends and raid old content, as well as mount collect and other stuff.
So much to do!

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application.
Yes! I need to borrow one of your enchanters with wrist enchant learned as well as Jade Spirit!

HARDWARE

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany.
147ms
8.02Mbps Download
1.62Mbps Upload

Give us a brief specification of your computer - enough to assure it can handle 25 man raids.
HD5970
i7 920 @ 2.67GHz
6GB ram @ 1800MHz

WoW on seperate HDD from OS
Dual-monitor setup

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers?
Yes I do! And yes I can.

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok?
Of course!

Last edited by Eosol (2013-02-22 18:10:34)

#2 2013-02-22 19:41:27

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Eosol - Gnome Warlock - declined

Thanks for the application. We will get back to you shortly.

I haven't read it yet, but 2 bonus points right away - one, major, for being a gnome. Second, minor, for taking care of the aesthetics of the application, it's incredible how unreadable people manage to make it.

#3 2013-02-22 23:02:25

Axc
Leading Team

I had similar thoughts, first application in a while where BBCode-formatting is applied!

#4 2013-02-23 14:11:13

Lamme
Guildmaster

Please provide a link presenting you pve gear and spec (currently pvp in armory).

Few more questions, but let me explain the reason for them first - reading your application I got the feeling that you're fairly new to WoW raiding. This is not a bad thing per se, but it makes me want to hear some more from you before taking any steppes. WHen answering the questions below, I'd like you to advertise yourself a little bit - convince us that you know what you're doing, that you're up to speed with what's going on in the game.

As per armory your max ilvl is 474. This is very low, definitly not enough for raiding curent, 5.1 content in heroic. Now with 5.2 and new raid instance just around the corner, this is not an obstacle that can't be worked around. I'd like you to write, in details, what you plan to do in order to catch up gear wise. Be specific here, show us that you have a plan that will allow you close the gap between yourself and our average raider with ilvl 500.

Like you saif yourself, you haven't really raided in MoP yet. This means poor gear and virtually no experience. Convince us that it's worthwile to invest our time and resources and gearing you up considerably only to get you to the stage where proper test period could begin.

You haven't directly answered the question about your profile and gear configuation versus Mr. Robot. Please do that.

Throughout your application you mentioned few times that "you did good" with various guilds. Please be more specific here - How many bosses killed in heroic mode while the content was still relevant, perhaps guild rank worldwide. Something less anegdotal if you wish.

Possibly few more questions once you provide link to pve set.

#5 2013-02-23 16:11:44

Eosol
Uncertified member

Sorry about the armory link, I'll make sure to log out in PvE gear now.
Armory Link

ADVERTISING
You say I need to advertise myself a bit, well then, maybe I should mention that I really like to be competitive.
For example, in my raiding guild on Zenedar, we were 3 holy paladins for healing. Thus I always tried being the best of the 3 holy paladins.
And also made sure to read up on the holy paladin spec. I even gemmed and enchanted differently than Mr. Robot suggested (to a certain degree).
One guy in the raiding guild used Mr. Robot and used mastery as main stat and thus came out lowest in healing, he then later changed.
It should be added I also made my BiS list from scratch.

The game I played before I went nuts with WoW was Team Fortress 2 (It's a team-based FPS game made by Valve).
I just started playing this game casually at first, but as I like to be competitive I tried to see if I actually could join ETF2L (European TF2 League).
I were almost able to join the 6th league (the first one you join). But then I started High School, got some new friends and WoW happened..

Last but not least, I had a break from WoW after Firelands and here I started playing Minecraft a lot. And the only way you can be good in Minecraft.
Is to host a popular server, which I did in the end. I put loads of hours and effort (AND money!) into that server. It ended up being a 50 slot PVP server, which was full almost every day.

How does this make you like me more? As you can see I like to take things I do to the next level (Did that sound cheesy?).

GEAR
As for the Mr. Robot thing, I'm queuing right now as we speak to LFR (later I'll be doing heroics), as I really want to get rid of that spirit bracer. (And the PvP ring and trinket.. and of course the crappy healer trinket).
Before I tried Mr. Robot on my affliction Warlock I was going for spell hit cap, this was apparently a bad idea. Since Affliction doesn't really need hit, so when I reforged and so on like Mr. Robot told me to, my DPS increased a lot!

The way I want to catch up with you, is by doing LFR and the heroics I miss (meaning the heroics that drop items I can still use) until patch 5.2 (while making sure to cap valor every week). When 5.2 drops all current valor items prices will be slashed and the drop chance for items in LFR, increased. Which means I'll be doing LFR the first week of 5.2 and get showered in purpz from them boss pimps.

Secondly, I'll be able to purchase an amulet from Shado-Pan Assault as neutral with their faction. And then I'll use the rest of my valor on current gear.

RAIDING
With my first guild, we did these raid heroics bosses during content:
Magmaw, Atramedes, Chimaeron and Halfus Wyrmbreaker
Although I wasn't online the day we took Atramedes down the first time, because I wasn't able to raid that night.

Sadly, I didn't reach heroics with the second guild, because I had to quit since I had to start on my second year of High School (Everyone was talking about how difficult 2nd year was, sadly I couldn't see it).
In the end, it was a huge mistake for me to quit WoW here, since I just filled the time with something else (The Minecraft Server) and wasted even more money on that, so in the end I would change it so that I didn't quit WoW.
But you learn from your mistakes, so that means I won't quit anytime soon. Still running on my Annual Pass for subscription.

Last edited by Eosol (2013-02-23 16:17:35)

#6 2013-02-23 20:43:21

Lamme
Guildmaster

Thank you for providing the additional information. Our general impression is that you seem to be a person who would suit our team well, at the very least as far as social aspect goes. On the other hand, however, as mentioned before, the gear is just not there for now. As far as skills and performance go, that's what the test period is there for, so we would get to that eventually.

Because of that, we would be happy to welcome you as a social member for starters. The fact that you have made a little research makes me hope that perhaps you will manage to get a good enough gear set early on come 5.2, allowing you to join the team as a testplayer.

With that in mind, let me offer a suggestion or two in regards of closing that gear gap. You said it yourself you needed a new trinket. The Darmoon Faire ones are just too good not to have, get it. Obviously, to be replaced come 5.2 eventually, but that goes for just about any item you might use to catch up. Also, don't quote me on that, but I'm nearly sure that there will be wrist items available at very low (neutral of friendly) reputation level in 5.2. Best course of action is probably to stock 3k valor up for when the patch is released. Furthermore, you could consider getting the ilvl 496 crafted chest and gloves.

Please contact me in game and let me know if the social spot is something you would be interested in for starters.

Board footer