•  » Recruiting
  •  » Ethaala, Night Elf, Protection Warrior - declined

#1 2013-05-01 17:04:51

Ethaala
Uncertified member

Ethaala, Night Elf, Protection Warrior - declined

PERSONAL INFORMATION

How good is your english: Above avarage i think
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in: Just a truckload of fun smile

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Ethaala
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … ala/simple
Mainspec: Protection
Offspec: Fury, not complete though, but will finish it upon request
Professions: Mining 600, Blacksmithing 600, cooking 600

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally. We will likely consult your profile with Mr. Robot. If you're doing something different than it indicates, please explain the reasoning.

Do you get enough valor on a weekly basis to upgrade your gear as much as possible? Yes, Currently using it on offspec, but still saving for 5.3 upgrading option

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:  Not being the strongest of tanking classes threat generating-wise and damage taking/dealing too, im aware that performing well is needed to keep up with other tanks

Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them: My hunter, nothing to brag about, but he's good fun http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … ent/simple

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.
Without this, you will most likely be rejected.

Which pve addons do you use?

DBM
Recount
Tauntmaster
ReforgeLite
Omen
Quickmark

Show us your UI.

Razer Naga usage on standard UI with the above addons

Raiding Experience (be thourough here, the more information you give us, the better; both pre-MoP and present progress is interesting for us; tell us about previous guilds):

MOP: 12/12 normal ToT, 1/13 HC (Jin'rokh, and attempts on Horridon, Tortos and Ji-kin)

PreMOP:

MC
BWL
ZG
AQ 20
Kharazan
ZA
SSC
MH
The Eye
Naxx 10
Ulduar 10 cleared (Most hardmodes)
ToC 10
ToC 25
ICC 10

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply.

Raidtimes are perfect for me smile

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week): None smile

Why are you good at playing your class (don't qoute Elitist Jerks, don't give us the stuff every semi decent guide holds; convince us you're good your own way): Keeping track of my cooldowns, Healthstones and Pots, using them smart and not just blowing them cuz they are available, and not needed.

When approaching new content, a fight that both you and the raid will try for the first time, how do you prepare (be precise here, "I read tactics on internet" doesn't cut it; we seen our share of players who" knew tactics for all bosses" and then failed miserably in terms of actual preparations): Finding tactics and videoes, consulting with friends and lastly trying, if possible ofc, to compare new content to known fights ( we all know blizzard recycles), finding the diffences and with that information, working out a strategy in my head smile

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us: I have actually played with u guys in TBC on my rogue, and i still see a familiar face once in a while in SW or other places. And u guys always seem polite and casual and mature towards other people, and that's what im looking for

What do you expect from us, as a guild: As stated above, a friendly mature athmosphere with the occasional joke, and ofcourse some nice raiding smile

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum): Yes i've read them smile

When unsure about any aspect of the game, be that tactics, class specific assignments, how do you proceed: Study, pratice and execute smile

Why do you play WoW, what are your objectives, why commit more than 10 hours a week to a computer game: I find WoW in most aspects the right game for my taste, have tried other games, but like so many others, i keep coming back to it smile End-game raiding is what tickles my slashing urge smile

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application. Hoping to see some familiar faces again smile

HARDWARE

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany. http://www.speedtest.net/result/2681193652.png

Give us a brief specification of your computer - enough to assure it can handle 25 man raids.

Quad Core 2
Nvidia GTX285
8gb DDR2-800 ram
850W ThermalTake PSU
2x19" Monitores

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers? Yes, and Yes smile

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok? Ofcourse, Facebook info can be provided too

#2 2013-05-01 18:01:21

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Ethaala, Night Elf, Protection Warrior - declined

Hello and thanks for the application, we will get back to you shortly.

What was the rogue's name?

Please elaborate a little bit on the offspec. Right now, we are actively looking for dps players rather than tanks. This is not to say there are no chances as a tank, but I'd like to get to know some about your thoughts on playing a dps warrior.

#3 2013-05-01 19:11:47

Ethaala
Uncertified member

My Rogue was named Nucleus, Night Elf.

My DPs gear is somewhat complete, but not fully gemmed and enchanted, but shouldnt take long to do if needed. My thoughts about playing dps is somewhat split. I really like tanking and my focus has therefore been on that part, and it seing the current content always needing 2 tanks, my dps will be quite rusty. On the dps my concern would be, that i could get bored with it along the way, note here i have played melee dps for MANY years, and fury/arms dps hasnt really brought out any new aspects to melee dps.

#4 2013-05-02 14:50:42

Lamme
Guildmaster

I have to admit the rogue's name doesn't ring a bell and that is fairly wierd, I tend to remember people who came and went.

Anywho, I'm sorry to say that right now we can't really offer you a tanking spot and feel fair about it. ToT requires 2 main tanks and we have that. Our position is also secured for the rare cases where an extra one is required. This saddens me since - other than the total smileys invasion - I liked your application quite a lot.

With the above explained and kept in mind, we are actively seeking a dps warrior to join our ranks. Now while i haven't seen your dps gear, your experience in the current content is a little more prmossing than that of the other potential recruits. Also, with summer getting closer and closer, with holidays just around the corner and with some real life obligations of our 2 main tanks, it's not impossible that eventually you'd get to join that tight gang as well - that is however by no means a promise, only a possible scenario.

I believe this is as accurate description of the present situation as I can offer. Please let me know what your thoughts are and how would you like to proceed.

As in any case of just about any applicant nowadays, goes without saying that race change to a gnome is absolutely neccessary

#5 2013-05-03 20:31:03

Ethaala
Uncertified member

First review of my dps i can muster 508ilvl, more can be reached with valor gear. Just wanting to hear if the 510ilvl reagon was enough to join as dps before i go all out with gems and enchants?

#6 2013-05-16 00:54:48

Lamme
Guildmaster

Declined

• Index
  •  » Recruiting
  •  » Ethaala, Night Elf, Protection Warrior - declined

Board footer