You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2013-05-31 17:55:08

Doomd
Uncertified member

Doomd, Human Warlock, 508ilvl - cancelled

Hi guys,

Firstly, I would just like to say thank you for taking your time to review my application and any other effort that was involved into assessing it.
I would also like to state as I said to one your officers (smalle) that this is an alt of mine. That being said, my attendance nor effort will be affected should you decide to accept me. I currently raid in a casual guild I co- own with a mate of mine, 'Caffeine Knights' 12/12 1/13 HC. I play disc priest as main, currently 518 ilvl and ranked 52 worldwide for CM's. My warlock is currently ranked nr 2 among warlocks on the server, without having found dedicated groups for server bests. Without sounding too arrogant I think my skillset is diverse and relatively good. I also sell CM boosts with a couple of guys from divergent.
I'm looking to raid on my warlock with whom I used to raid with and further my progression. I would also like to experience 25m raiding. I'm aware of the many stresses and frustration of leading a guild can cause and I want to assure you I have no false intentions with my application here today. I'm completely genuine and am just looking to raid.

PERSONAL INFORMATION

How good is your english: Good?
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in: Friendly, motivated, dedicated and organised.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Doomd
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … omd/simple
Mainspec: Destro mainly, depends upon the encounter and what would be more beneficial.
Offspec: Demonology
Professions: Enchanting and Tailoring.

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally. We will likely consult your profile with Mr. Robot. If you're doing something different than it indicates, please explain the reasoning.

Do you get enough valor on a weekly basis to upgrade your gear as much as possible? Yes, always.

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs: Well, warlocks are performing well all round atm. Currently one of the highest ranked dps classes to play with BiS gear. However, I don't think warlocks shine until they have those trinkets they have always needed. Demonology is very dependent upon the trinket that drops from Lei Shen. Something I haven't been fond of is how dependent DoT classes are on trinkets. Having said that, I think i peform well in general considering my current gear level. I did an unsuccessful alt run yesterday and managed 190k on Jin Rok 10m norm and 200k on horridon. I don't think that's too bad if I'm totally honest.

Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … ech/simple
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … ice/simple

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.
Without this, you will most likely be rejected.

I can't give you any logs due to all my logs being relevant to that of my priest. I can however link you my healing lol? But I don't think that's really what you want. I've only ever raided in pugs and alt runs on my lock which aren't recorded. I could however, link u some dps from an LFR if you so desire. But I wouldn't really call it an accurate estimate of dps I can pull.

Which pve addons do you use? Castbars, DBM, Affli Dots, Ora3, weakaura's, Skada Recount, Omnicc

Show us your UI.

Raiding Experience (be thourough here, the more information you give us, the better; both pre-MoP and present progress is interesting for us; tell us about previous guilds):

I only started raiding properly at the end of iCC, cleared all of iCC both normal and heroic. Cleared all of cata on normal with various heroic kills. My current exp. in MoP is 12/12 norm and 1/13 HC and attempts on Ji' kun HC.

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply.

100% active and attendance can be expected. I do however, go on holiday in the summer for a week or 2.

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week): Not that I'm aware of no.

Why are you good at playing your class (don't qoute Elitist Jerks, don't give us the stuff every semi decent guide holds; convince us you're good your own way):

My ability to adapt and my good knowledge of various class abilities makes me a better player and not just a good warlock. I've played many characters all of which have contributed to the player I am today. Wide knowledge of Raid Cd's, Mana efficiency, DPS cd management, Optimal Burn phases and so forth.

When approaching new content, a fight that both you and the raid will try for the first time, how do you prepare (be precise here, "I read tactics on internet" doesn't cut it; we seen our share of players who" knew tactics for all bosses" and then failed miserably in terms of actual preparations):

Well, I will start by yes, reading the tactics. Having flasks and the best possible raid food you can get to optimize and push my damage to the max. I will research when the best possible times are to use Damage CD's and defensive CD's. I will also discuss tactics and thoughts I may have of the encounter with others in the guild.

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us: Smalle, approached me ingame. Was very informative and friendly and told me that you would mostly likely be interested. Good warlocks are scarce as we all know.

What do you expect from us, as a guild: Organised, quality raiding.

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):

Understood.

When unsure about any aspect of the game, be that tactics, class specific assignments, how do you proceed: Contact someone directly who may have knowledge. Use theorycraft websites, such as noxxic and elitistjerks.

Why do you play WoW, what are your objectives, why commit more than 10 hours a week to a computer game: Ultimately an allround entertaining form of enjoyment that is rewarding and sociable.

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application. Yeah, look forward to hearing from you and speaking to you. Oh, and if any of you are up for doing CM server bests let me know. I'm trying to get my boost group to go for purely good times. But they're only interested in the boosted for some reason. I thrive on challenges smile

HARDWARE

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany.

74,78 MB/s DL speed, and 17,5 MB/s Upload. Current ping, 10ms.

Give us a brief specification of your computer - enough to assure it can handle 25 man raids.

Intel i7 quad core processor @ 4.7 Ghz (overclocked), nVidia GTX 680 Gfx card, 16 GB RAM and 2TB HDD & 120GB SSD

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers?

Yes, I might talk too much.

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok?

Perfectly fine, perhaps we could grab a beer when we're not raiding? ^^

On that closing note,

Ty for your time and hope to hear back from you soon, if not, goodluck with progression and all the best!

Greetings,

Doomd - EU Ravencrest

#2 2013-05-31 18:18:38

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Doomd, Human Warlock, 508ilvl - cancelled

Hello and thank you for the application. We will get back to you shortly.

#3 2013-06-01 02:26:23

Lamme
Guildmaster

Would you please elaborate a little bit on the topic of the warlock you're applying with being an alt? What I'm mostly concerned with is - what if it so happens that the guild your priest is at decides to raid on one of our scheduled days? I have read what you wrote in the application about 100% attendance and that is promissing, but I would like to have a good understanding of the matter.

If you indeed can make it for close to all raids, than it should work. Admitedly though, I think that if you become part of our team, you'll quickly realize you prefer hanging on our gchat than elsewhere!

Also, please make sure armory presents your pve profile, as of current it's the pvp one.

#4 2013-06-04 23:52:23

Lamme
Guildmaster

Cancelled.

Board footer