You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2013-06-21 00:47:15

Tonihii
Guild Member

Tonihii, Human Paladin - accepted

PERSONAL INFORMATION

How good is your english: I'd say its above average.
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in:

Hi! My name is Toni. Im a really freeminded person who likes to have fun with friends online and offline.
I love music and TV shows, currently im reading throught A song of ice and fire bookset and its amazing!
Since i have a lot of freetime on my hands most of it is used to sit on my ass and play computer.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Tonihii   
Armory Link: Tonihii
Mainspec: Retribution
Offspec: Protection
Professions: Blacksmithing & Engineering

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week),
we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally. We will likely consult your profile with Mr. Robot. If you're doing something different than it indicates, please explain the reasoning.

Yes, my gear will always the best enchants/gems and reforges. No matter matter what ilvl it is, as long as it is an upgrade.

Do you get enough valor on a weekly basis to upgrade your gear as much as possible?

Yes, I usually get VP cap by Thursday.

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:

Pros: Really strong on demand burst and raid utility via hand spells/aura mastery
Cons: Cleaving and non-clamped aoe is weak compared to other melee, but by the look of thinks blizzard is trying to address this in 5.4 via T16 4set

Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them:

Leqia My rogue is what I would consider my "main" alt character right now. Ive been looking to get into ToT pugs but the ilvl requirements are TOO DAMN HIGH!
Itzale Leveled this hunter just to help my friends with Challenge Modes, but I lost interest in playing it after we finished them.
Kaaz This is my warlock that I raided with in BC. Right now I use it to make tailoring bags and enchants for myself.

I also have lots of alts ranging from 14 to 88, but they are not worth mentioning.

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.
Without this, you will most likely be rejected.

Since ive been inactive for nearly 3 months I have no recent 5.2 logs to show. but hopefully this will do: WoW-heroes

Which pve addons do you use?

DBM, NeedToKnow, Decursive, GTFO, Omen and ReforgeLite.

Show us your UI.

UI

Raiding Experience (be thourough here, the more information you give us, the better; both pre-MoP and present progress is interesting for us; tell us about previous guilds):

I will go by expansions here.

Burning Crusade: During BC I was maining a warlock. I raided with a bunch of friends I knew from Call of duty 2. We killed the easier bosses and had a lot of fun doing it. I quit before Black Temple patch cause I wanted to put all my effort into Call of Duty 2.

Wrath of the Lich King: I was still playing warlock untill ToC was released, then I changed main to holy paladin and joined "Sanctum" and killed 4/5 of Trial of the Grand Crusader on 25 man with a lot of tries on HC Anub'arak.
I changed to Retribution midway throught ICC and managed to get myself a shadowmourne. I was really excited about the 4.0 changes Blizzard made to Retribution, but sadly the spec was really bad when cataclysm was released.

Cataclysm: After Blizzard changed the mastery for retribution and it became a midlevel spec again I joined "Stasis" we cleared HC BWD and got 2/4 in BoT and 1/2 in ToTFW. After a while I left Stasis due to some guild drama and joined "Rising Sun" on TWisting Nether.
We killed sinestra bit after Firelands was released (I was not in on the kill) and we managed to kill HC Rhyolith after really really long period of wiping. By then I was really burned out and took like a 6-7 month break from wow.

Mists of Pandaria: When I decided to come back to wow DS was already released and heroics were cleared. I was pretty much a casual untill Mists of Pandaria was closer to being released, since I wanted to start raiding in MoP again after like a 9 month break from it.
After MoP released I joined "Sanctum" again to get a feel of raiding in a casual enviroment. We eventually cleared every boss on normal and started working on the easy heroics, but we only managed to kill 3 heroic bosses in MSV.
Little after that there was a lot of guild drama again, lots of people leaving while trying to recruit new players and I didnt really want to go throught it so I went social and was looking to join "Stasis" again since a lot of my friends were raiding in there.
With Stasis I managed to kill a few more heroic bosses and got to progress on HC Grand Vizier a LOT without ever killing it. All the while Stasis was struggling to get enough people to join their raids.
5.2 was released and people were happy to "start fresh" with a new raid. We managed to kill 6/12 pretty fast and started progressing on normal durumu, getting the kill took WAAAY too long.
After we killed it I was getting kinda bored of wow again and my gametime happened to be ending so I took a 2 month break and started playing again at the start of June.

Since this is probably a really weird read imma list by raid what kind of progress i've had while playing wow aswell.

Karazhan: Cleared
The Eye: 3/4 killed
Serpentshrine Cavern: 3/5 killed
Magtheridon: killed
Gruul's Lair: killed

Naxx: cleared
EoE: cleared
Ulduar: 8/13 killed, no hardmodes
TOC&TOGC: normal 5/5, heroic 4/5
ICC: 11/12 with like 150ish wipes on HC Lich king

BWD: 6/6 killed on normal and heroic
BOT: 4/4 on normal and 3/5 on heroic
TOTFW: 2/2 on normal and 1/2 on heroic
Firelands: 7/7 on normal and 2/7 on heroic
Dragon soul: 8/8 on normal (I cleared it once on normal with my friends and have not done it again since)

MSV: 6/6 normal, 3/6 heroic
HOF: 6/6 normal, 2/6 heroic
TOES: 4/4 normal, no heroics
TOT: 7/12 normal, no heroics

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply.

Close to 100%. My old guild had close to same raiding hours so it fits me perfectly.

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week):

Right now im in the middle of a "family disaster", so I need to do things and go to places, but I will try to not make it interfere my raiding.

Why are you good at playing your class (don't qoute Elitist Jerks, don't give us the stuff every semi decent guide holds; convince us you're good your own way):

I've been playing my paladin as ret for almost 4 years now (Since icecrown citadel patch). Im always looking for ways to improve myself as a player.
Im constantly reading the retri theorycrafters about bis gear, what trinkets to use etc.

When approaching new content, a fight that both you and the raid will try for the first time, how do you prepare (be precise here,
"I read tactics on internet" doesn't cut it; we seen our share of players who" knew tactics for all bosses" and then failed miserably in terms of actual preparations):

I watch the tactics on internet obviously "big_smile". I also look at a lot of WoW streams (Mostly US) they get the patches a day earlier, that way I see how the actual encounter works instead of just reading what the skills do etc.

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us:

Im applying to Enigma Order to raid 25 man again. Ever since I started playing WoW again ive been trying to find a suitable guild to have fun with, while maintaining good progression rate, and Enigma order seems to be the perfect fit for me.

What do you expect from us, as a guild:

Fun and social enviroment while enjoying raiding and taking it seriously.

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):

Read and understood.

When unsure about any aspect of the game, be that tactics, class specific assignments, how do you proceed:

Depends on the situation, if its a tactic issue ill ask the raid leader. If its something specific im sure the theorycrafters have answered the issues.

Why do you play WoW, what are your objectives, why commit more than 10 hours a week to a computer game:

Biggest reason is the social aspect of the game. I have made a lot of friends over the past 6-7 years I've played this game and they are all very nice and lovely individuals.
Raiding is a close second. Nothing is better than killing a hard normal/heroic boss for the first time after wiping on it for countless hours.

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application.

Im a very dedicated player, I make sure my gear and stats are up to date, constantly track forums and news to see how I can improve myself.
You can rely on me being online at reasonable time before raid with my flasks and potions ready.

HARDWARE

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany.

Speedtest

Give us a brief specification of your computer - enough to assure it can handle 25 man raids.

Intel i5 760 CPU, AMD HD 6850 GPU with 4 gigs of ram (This pc is like 2 years old)

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers?

Yes and Yes

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok?

Its ok. I need more people to call/txt me anyway!

#2 2013-06-21 01:26:25

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Tonihii, Human Paladin - accepted

Thank you for the application, we will get back to you shortly.

#3 2013-06-24 01:11:13

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Tonihii, Human Paladin - accepted

Accepted

Board footer