You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2013-08-18 15:50:34

Nikli
Guild Member

Nikli - holy paladin - accepted

PERSONAL INFORMATION

How good is your English: understanding + writing is very good, speaking only average but will get better with some practice smile
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in: I like to meet new people. Twice a year a throw a weekend party at my parents cabin for my WoW friends smile

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Nikli
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b … i/advanced
Mainspec: holy
Offspec: shitty retri for dailies/brawlers guild.. you dont want to see me dps
Professions: alch and JC, both maxxed out

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally. We will likely consult your profile with Mr. Robot. If you're doing something different than it indicates, please explain the reasoning.
I noticed I forgot to reforge my gloves -.- I usually follow mrrobot, tho sometimes he changes his suggestions everytime i log in - thats why i got a int JC gem and not a spirit one... Will fix this.
At the moment im gemming and reforging for spirit - needed that in 10m environment. Im ready to switch to mastery in 25man.

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:
Holy paladins can choose wether they like to use hots (EF) or strong burst aoe healing (radiance with LoD). Unlike other healers, we can save dpsers who overaggro (HoP, salvation). We can provide external dmg reduction for tanks (HoSacrifice). Thanks to Beacon we can heal the tank for a decent amount without really targeting him.
Bad thing is that we lack the "oh shit" button - aka hymn, tide, tranq or revive and our raid CD (devotion aura) is useless against phys dmg.

Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them:
Got some alts, but only for farming purposes and professions. I dont wanna migrate them.

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.
Without this, you will most likely be rejected.
http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/132456/

Which pve addons do you use?
For raid frames I use Vuhdo.
DBM as boss modes
Bartender for action bars
Pitbull for Unit frames
Tidyplates for name plates
MSBT for combat text
Recount just to know why ppl died, if they dmged the right mob etc.
CooldownCount for cooldowns
Quartz as cast bar
debuffFilter for procs

Show us your UI.
Sadly I cant provide a SS at the moment. But I can offer you some videos with my PoV - if its not enough, Ill upload something as soon as I get home (monday evening)
www.youtube.com/bluekarkulka

Raiding Experience (be thourough here, the more information you give us, the better; both pre-MoP and present progress is interesting for us; tell us about previous guilds):
I joined Motion (Burning Blade EU) in May 2008 and stayed there til today. Please note that all kills are prenerf. We cleared everything after nerfs.

Vanilla
n/a

TBC (25 ma, raider)
Champion of Naaru, Hand of Adal
Sunwell up to Twins (0+4%)

WoTLK (25 man, raider)
full Naxx & EoE - experienced both 10m and 25m
Ulduar - both 10 and 25m, not sure how many HC modes
ToGC - 3/5 HC 25m, 4/5 HC 10m
ICC - WoW break during whole tier

Cata (10man, officer)
BWD+BoT+ToFW - 10/13HC
FL - 5/7 HC
DS - 5/8 HC, DW at 20% nerf i think

MoP (10man, RL)
HoF+MV+ToES - 7/16 HC
ToT - 6/13 HC + experienced at Maegera (6th head) and Twins (p3)

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply.
I missed 2 raids in past 3 years, so yeah, I should be fine smile

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week):
Nothing I know about.

Why are you good at playing your class (don't qoute Elitist Jerks, don't give us the stuff every semi decent guide holds; convince us you're good your own way):
Practice makes the master - and Im playing holy paladin for over 5 years now. Simple look at raid frames tells me whats going on without even having to look around me. All my alts are healers as well (well except for hutner obviously) so I know what can I expect from my fellow co-healers.

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us:
I was looking for a english speaking 25man guild, who doesnt raid until midnight and has max 3 raiding days a week. After i filtred these requirements on wowprogress.com I got in touch with one of your officers and asked him if theres a chance youd recruit both me and my BF. He said I should give it a try so here I am smile

What do you expect from us, as a guild:
Regular raids, friendly atmosphere and mentaly stable co-raiders (no emo leaves after 1 hour of wiping).

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):
Yes I have.

Why do you play WoW, what are your objectives, why commit more than 10 hours a week to a computer game:
Obviously because I like the game smile Someone likes to spend 3+ hours a day sitting in a pub drinking beer, I prefer to play a game and chat with friends. Ive always been a gamer.

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application.
Me and Sixhtsense are a 2in1 package. You cant accept one of us and decline the other one.

HARDWARE

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany.
Again Im sorry, not on my computer now. Will updated on Monday.
wifi (20mbit), latency 12-30ms, usually fine, dsc may occur during heavy storms... hopefully moving to city soon (as soon as I got a job there)

Give us a brief specification of your computer - enough to assure it can handle 25 man raids.
For the 3rd time Im sorry - will updated on Monday
4 GB ram, ati radeon 5850.. no idea about the CPU and other stuff tho
Never experienced any issues in LFR..

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers?
Yes I have. Our guild has been using TS3 as well.

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok?
Im totally fine with that, I wanted my recruits to do the same thing smile

http://i.imgur.com/3asOjTU.png

#2 2013-08-20 00:16:17

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Nikli - holy paladin - accepted

Thank you for a very nice application indeed. All questions answered in detailed manner, some WoL ranks to prove you know your business - frankly, I wish we had more applicants like this.

Accepted

Bare in mind, server migration is often accompanied by a bug that allows you to whisper people on the new server, but makes it impossible for them to answer and contact you in general. Should it happen that your migration is completed and there's seemingly no response from us upon your request for an invitation, make sure to check the topic with your application. The problem gets sorted easily by Game Masters (just a matter of waiting for them to react) and does not affect RealD whispers, therefore I'd advise you to add me before moving. My battletag is Lamme#2288.

Upon arriving to Ravencrest you will face the decision as to which race to pick. That is of course entirely up to you and any choice will be accepted and respected. As long as it's a gnome. With pink ponytails. And the fact that the game is reluctant to accept gnoladins is not an excuse I'm willing to accept.

One last thing, for clarity sake - we are accepting you as a testplayer. Judging by the application you seem to be a very good addition to the roster, however it may happen that for whatever reason you will not pass the trial. I'm saying this because of the real-life money cost involved in the migration.

The very same response applies to your second half's application, you are both welcomed.

Board footer