Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2013-08-29 02:18:23

Drona
Guild Member

Drona, Warlock - accepted

PERSONAL INFORMATION

How good is your English: fluent
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in:
I currently reside in Germany, but am about to move to England for university. I grew up in different foreign countries, which is the reason for my fluent English.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Drona
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … a/advanced
Mainspec: Affliction (I'm most comfortable as this, but I'll allways play the specc that performs best)
Offspec: Demonology
Professions: Inscription/Enchanting

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally. We will likely consult your profile with Mr. Robot. If you're doing something different than it indicates, please explain the reasoning.
I'm still missing a decent off-hand, hence I'm using a PvP off-hand for the moment. Other than that, I feel like my gear is optimized, outside of the bracer enchant, which I'm working on atm and should get done by tomorrow.

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:
Well, apart from the utility given through things like Gateways/healthstones, Warlocks have allways been the strongest (or close to) multi-target dmg dealer, as well as having very consistent dmg on the move with the implementation of KJC. In addition, spells like fear, Spell Lock and Banish have proven to be useful (albeit rarely) in the past. Finally, as a ranged pure dps class, Warlocks have allways been consistently performing well on meters.

Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them:
I have alts of most classes spread across several servers/factions and I strive to perform on all of them equally well. When it comes to PvE, I'm currently working on picking up a set for my mage though (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … x/advanced) and my mistweaver monk, as soon as he hits 90 (damn that potion of ancient knowledge!).

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.
Without this, you will most likely be rejected.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-abrs3tbqb3270x3l/ ~ Take these with a grain of salt. The affliction fight was pulled while I was repseccing and I had a wrong trinket (as well as demo reforges). I was cought off guard with the Lei Shen fight, which also had some errors. Overall, I'd say these parses reflect my performance a bit under what I do averagely, but Lamme seemed like he wanted this application up soon, so I didn't have time to prepare propper ones. I also have video footage of the Lei Shen fight. If you're interest it, I can edit/upload it (with out without comments on decision making added seperately)

Which pve addons do you use?
My PvE Ui isn't set up yet, I normally use addons like Grid for party frames, power/weak auras for buffs/proccs, Quartz for cast bars, DBM/bigwigs for boss timers as well as class specific addons like affdots.

Show us your UI.
Currently, this is my Ui: http://i.imgur.com/JRfUbCc.jpg (I simplified it for PvP)
Once I'm done editing it back for PvE's sake, it'll look more like it used to, somewhere along the lines of this: http://i.imgur.com/X5I8pVS.jpg with some modifications where I see fit.

Raiding Experience (be thourough here, the more information you give us, the better; both pre-MoP and present progress is interesting for us; tell us about previous guilds):
I started playing WoW in early 2008 and hit max lvl the first time relatively soon after WotLK came out on my Shaman, who remained to be my main for the rest of that expansion. I PuG'd through the majority of that expansion (taking a break during the Ulduar patch) and cleared naxx 10/25, ToC10/25 hc (as well as A tribute to Insanity 10m) and around 9-10 heroics in ICC 10m (through self-formed PuGing) and probably about 6-8 in 25m.

My raiding with guilds started in Cataclysm, in which I cleared t11 normal with a 10man guild as a Warlock, before I started progressing HC 10m on a Resto Druid and finally clearing the majority of the tier (outside of sinestra and V&T) on my Holy Paladin. I then continued my Paladin in 10 and 25m raiding during Firelands, in which we cleared everything outside of ragnaros Heroic (at this point I was the raiding leader of my Guild (If needed, I still have some video footage of my Heroic progression on Warlock and Paladin of this tier if you'd like to see it)). After doing a few bosses in Dragon Soul (on my Rogue at the time, because we didn't have one and we didn't want to miss out on the Legendary), we decided to disband raiding, because of how awful we thought that Tier was. I proceeded to play WoW less, spending my time in-game on learning PvP from the ground up and doing helping some friends in DS heroic if they ever missed a raider (this lead me to eventually clear DS on heroic, because of how horridly easy it eventually became).

As of MoP release, I have been exclusively playing PvP content (which I regret, as I've heard only positive things about MoP PvE) and have since acquired Gladiator last season (and this season as well, if all goes well) on my Resto Shaman and Holy Priest respectively.

TL;DR:

WotLK
T7: full clear 10/25
t8: break from WoW, was cleared after it became irrelevant
t9: full clear 10/25nm, 10hc and insanity 10m
t10: full clear 10/25nm, around 9/12 hc 10m and 5-7hc 25m

Cataclysm
T11: full clear normal, everything Heroic outside of Sinestra and V&T
T12: Full clear normal (10 and 25m), 6/7 heroic
T13: full clear normal and Heroic eventually

MoP
Did some raiding first week of patch, only LFR outside of that.

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply.
As of now, I can attend to all of those 100%. Because of my moving to England (and the time-zone differences putting me an hour before server time), and the fact I'm partaking in a very from-the-house based course, I cannot see how that would change in the future, but you can never know what comes up. I expect nothing to change.

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week):
I expect not to be able to play much the week the patch came out, because I'm moving that week and shipping a PC as well as perifirals is allways a pain, I explained this to Lamme in our original conversation.

Why are you good at playing your class (don't qoute Elitist Jerks, don't give us the stuff every semi decent guide holds; convince us you're good your own way):
Warlock was the second class I've rolled ever, and the first to reach a lvl over 30. Even though my Shaman ended up my being my main, I've felt that my Warlock was my "main alt". Regardless of the fact that I've allways excelled at healing in general, Warlock has been the class I can push the biggest numbers on. I've especially allways enjoyed that Warlocks tend to have a higher skill cap than most classes, giving me the largest reward for good play out of all the classes I've played dps-wise so far (apart from maybe the short time I played a subtelty rogue, in DS).

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us:
I was looking through guild chat one night, saying I was looking for a guild when a hunter on your roster (moonori, irrc) gave me a whisper saying with my current situation, his Guild Leader might be someone I'd like to talk to. Having heard of the Guild on WoWprogress, I decided to give it a shot and after a lengthy conversation with Lamme, I transfered my Warlock over to Ravencrest and have since put a lot of time into improving my character, to be ready to write an application once it's required.

What do you expect from us, as a guild:
A stable guild environment whose end goal is progression, while also being a place I can hang out and just chat with guild-mates if I have nothing better to do. I've allways felt like 25m guilds have provided a large sense of community and I miss the large-scale epicness that 25m raiding had in store for me in WotLK and I hope to make this guild my home for a lengthy period of time!

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):
Read, understood and agreed to before even starting the application.

Why do you play WoW, what are your objectives, why commit more than 10 hours a week to a computer game:
I don't see WoW as a computer game, it's more of a hobby. It's an activity in which I can have fun with strangers all over the world, and the fact that this is possible has given me much more insight in to other cultures etc., as well as giving me access to people I consider friends eventhough I've never met them in person. When I play WoW, I feel more social than when I'm going to a cinema with some friends, it's a way for me to just tune down and relax, as well as a place where I know that I am respected for being able to at a high level.

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application.
I'd like to add that I take anything I do in or outside of WoW very seriously. I'd also like to give a disclaimer that I may sound like an elitist douche in written-form, but I'm honestly a nice person when you get to know me wink!

HARDWARE

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2929744619.png
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2929744619

Give us a brief specification of your computer - enough to assure it can handle 25 man raids.

Time of this report: 1/23/2013, 13:56:09
       Machine name: BLUE-TOWER
   Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
           Language: German (Regional Setting: German)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
       System Model: Z68XP-UD4
               BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
             Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8142MB RAM

In short: yes, it can handle WoW 25m raids tongue

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers? Yes

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok?
Not a problem for me, as long as it stays private.

PS: Things like cellphone number and internet speed will change once I move, and I'll keep you updated in case I do get accepted.

Thanks for taking the time to read through my application, I hope to see you in a raid soon!

PPS: I apologize if this seems rushed and is filled with any major spelling errors (which I hope I've found proof-reading), I did not expect to be asked to apply until next patch.

Last edited by Drona (2013-08-29 03:28:04)

#2 2013-08-29 16:16:15

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Drona, Warlock - accepted

Accepted

Board footer