You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2013-09-12 18:20:13

Nosferatos
Guild Member

Nosferatos, Gnome Mage - accepted

PERSONAL INFORMATION

How good is your English: My english is good enough to make myself clear and understand most of a full conversation.
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in:
I have played wow for almost 7 years now and I have always spent as much time as needed to learn my class in any way possible.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Nosferatos
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … s/advanced
Mainspec: Fire
Offspec: Frost
Professions: Tailoring/Enchanting

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally. We will likely consult your profile with Mr. Robot. If you're doing something different than it indicates (which is often the right things to do), please explain the reasoning.

I have set my soft haste-cap to 5036 to optimize my dps. And my gear is enchanted/gemmed/reforged to fulfill this.

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:
-pros: High single target dps, high survivability
-cons: low AOE dps, lower dps during movement compared to other ranged dps classes.

Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them:
At the moment, I got 2 active alts and 2 in-active alts. My active alts are my hunter and my shaman.
my hunter: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … k/advanced . I know this character well enough to keep up with most of the other ppl with similar gear.
my shaman: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … t/advanced . I have only dinged this character a little while ago, so I haven't had the time to gear/learn him yet. But i plan to play more on this alt in the future.

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.
Without this, you will most likely be rejected.
I don't got any WoL logs available.
http://imgur.com/st4cTni
This is a screenshot after doing jin'rokh the breaker in LFR. I know LFR is a joke and I also didn't use any potions/flasks but I didn't have anything else to give you.

Which pve addons do you use?
bigwigs / combustionhelper / extraCD / hermes / infBannered / TellMeWhen / INFEH

Show us your UI.
http://imgur.com/9JkGyST

Raiding Experience (we're mostly interested in your achievements in the current expansion, but do impress us with previous experience if you feel it helps):
I started raiding back in WotLK in a casual raiding guild. At the start of ICC I joined a more serious raiding guild and we cleared most of HC ICC in a couple of weeks. But because of some problems in the guild this guild disbanded and I stopped playing wow for a while.
I came back to wow at the end of cataclysm and joined a casual raiding guild again.
During MoP I cleared 16/16 T14 normal and 3/16 T14 hc. In T15 I only did 1/13 hc, this was due to people going on summer holiday when we started with our hc progress.

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply.
I have always tried to have 100% attendance to raid in every guild i have been in. Ofc sometimes something comes up and I won't be able to make the raid in these cases I will make sure to let people know well in advance of the raid.

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week):
No, I have no problems with raiding on these days.

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us:
I found you through wowprogress.com and I saw you were looking for a mage.
I'm looking for another guild cause in my guild alot of ppl went in-active and we stopped raiding.

What do you expect from us, as a guild:
I hope this guild consists out of mature people, who all enjoy progress.

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):
Yes, I have read the rules.

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application?
I love to theorycraft about my class and spend time to find better tactics for fights.

HARDWARE

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2962080634

Give us a brief specification of your computer - enough to assure it can handle 25 man raids.
Processor: Intel Core I5-650 @ 3.2GHz
Memory: 8Gb
Graphics card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6850

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers?
Yes, I have a working microphone and I'm also able to connect to TS3

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok?
Yes, I have no problem with this.

#2 2013-09-12 19:00:43

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Nosferatos, Gnome Mage - accepted

Hello and thanks for the application. Few things in the way you optimized your appear questionable to my mage people. Please confirm that everything is up to date for patch 5.4 and, if so, elaborate on the reforging and secondary stats priority.

#3 2013-09-12 19:14:39

Nosferatos
Guild Member

Like I said in my application, I have set my soft haste cap to 5036 haste.
I have done this so that with 5036 + 5% haste buff my haste would reach 17.44% haste.
At this haste rating I would get a 4th tick from my combustion (glyphed ofc) which would mean a dps increase.
So my stat priority is: crit > haste (till 5036) > mastery > haste

#4 2013-09-12 19:31:29

Lamme
Guildmaster

It seems like the common consensus among fire mages is that with the 5.4 changes, going for a straight crit>haste>mastery configuration ought to yield better results. If you're into theorycrafting, this is something to lean on.

Meanwhile, thanks for the prompt answer, we should have an answer for you shortly.

#5 2013-09-12 19:47:02

Nosferatos
Guild Member

Ok I'm going to do more research about this. I might have been wrong but the oppinions about this seemed to be split among mages.
Thanks for the fast replies.

#6 2013-09-13 19:02:20

Lamme
Guildmaster

Accepted

Board footer