• Index
  •  » Recruiting
  •  » Perc - Draenei Restoration Shaman (X-Realm) - accepted

#1 2013-10-26 20:37:25

Perc
Leading Team

Perc - Draenei Restoration Shaman (X-Realm) - accepted

PERSONAL INFORMATION

How good is your English: Fluent in understanding and speaking.

Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in:
I'm an engineering student, just recently started my studies and I love the challenge so far. Raiding is one of my hobbies aside from mountainbiking and playing volleyball, which I do in a more or less professional team. I'm very organized and love a good challenge. I am constructive and take criticism very well, if it's presented in an appropriate way to me.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Perc
Armory Link: Perc
Mainspec: Restoration
Offspec: Enhancement (currently iLvL 542, actively played and loved)
Professions: Engineering/Mining

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally. We will likely consult your profile with Mr. Robot. If you're doing something different than it indicates (which is often the right things to do), please explain the reasoning:

Running my character through Mr. Robot will display, that I should focus rather on Mastery than Crit, drop a lot of Haste and re-gem more into Spirit.
I think that this website doesn't take haste breakpoints for my spec into account and how those affect my performance in comparison to reforging brute force into one secondary stat.
For reference: Heal Breakpoints (On totemspot.com)  Elitistjerks (Now with horrible formatting)
The haste breakpoint I'm at right now (5676 haste=24.97%) gives me one or more extra ticks on my healing cooldowns (Healing Tide), HoT and healing totems. Going much further would require a much higher iLvL and going lower would drastically lower spike potential and passive healing output.
For my spec, Mastery increases healing on targets with low percentage hp. As with other specs, there's a certain point where crit bypasses mastery as a secondary stat. I've ran my character through simcraft a lot of times and decided, that for the level of mastery I'm at right now, it is not worthwhile to farther go into mastery and instead focus on crit.
Lastly for Spirit it is mostly a personal preference thing for healers to see how much spirit you're comfortable with yourself. For me, in the current tier, that level is around 15k Spirit. Anything higher than that won't benefit me in any way, as I very rarely run out of mana, a huge part being the Horridon trinket. I therefore focus on a balanced mix between Spirit, Int and my secondary stats, thus mostly Int/Spirit gems.

These stat priorities resulted from a lot of research, simming and theorycrafting and analyzing to provide the maximum efficiency for what I'm doing in terms of stats. I'm very happy and open to get to know other options that might be even better to improve, since these stats are optimal for 10man raids. I don't know how this projects on 25man.

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:

Pros:
In the current patch (5.4) Shamans excel at stacked group healing and spike healing in high raid-damage periods. Tank healing is a little bit weak when you compare it to other classes, but when it comes to healing targets at low percentages, Chain-Heal and Healing Stream Totem provide good “passive healing”. Restoration shamans have good mobility with ghost wolf and can mitigate big single target hits with spirit link totem by stacking with other players.

Cons:
We don't really have many personal defensive cooldowns on our hand when it comes to Restoration, we have to rely on healing and absorbs from other classes.
Also shamans do not have (apart from the current set bonus, which is a minor shield on the tank) any form of damage absorption like a disc priest or a holy paladin and rely on brute force “whack'a'mole” healing,
Unlike mistweaver monks or disc priests, restoration shamans also do not have a lot of damage output while healing.

Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them:

I have to say upfront that I am not really a twink person, I mostly leveled twinks for profession purposes

- Shait (Destruction/Affliction Warlock)
Second ever class I leveled in WoW, since I was amazed by the mobility that this class brings with Portals and Teleports. Also I wanted to experiment with pets and caster classes in general.
I don't consider myself the best with this class, I rely very much on guides how to gem, reforge and prioritize my rotations, but I found myself to get into it quite naturally, Destruction or Affliction. Also green fire
I still won't top any meters, that's for sure since I cannot handle a more or less 3 spell rotation, since I'm used to enhancement shamans ever since

- Bubblehearth (Holy/Retribution Paladin)
Third class I leveled for fun to see how healing with a different resource would feel like, but then switched to Retribution and now he's kind of sitting around to produce belt-buckles.

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier:

This is a log where I joined a group on Spoils and cleared till Garrosh with a 40% P2 Wipe on the first try. (2 healing)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ncwh5lr6c1ju0195/

This is a log of a raid with my normal raidgroup, up to Dark Shamans. (3 healing)
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uqxb1vsugxzx3mo8/

Feel free however to browse the logs that are uploaded under our guild.

What's your best result in Proving Grounds? This is especially valuable in case you cannot provide WoL log:

I have done Proving Grounds until the gold medal when it first came out, but have not really bothered with it ever since then. I'm currently building a second equipment set just for endless mode, since I want to see how far I can push it, since at lower item levels other stats are more effective for me.
Update: Gave it a shot and went up to a score of 2,580. RNG is a pain sometimes hmm

Which PVE addons do you use?
- ElvUI & Clique (Raid Interface)
- WeakAuras (Tracking important buffs and debuffs)
- Hermes (Tracking of raid cooldowns)
- BigWigs (Bosstimers)
- Raven (Buff/Debuff-Frames)
- Raeli's Spell Announcer (Announcing usage of cooldowns and interrupts)
- Death Note (Death Analysis)

Show us your UI:
http://i.imgur.com/x7SHiHe.jpg

Raiding Experience (we're mostly interested in your achievements in the current expansion, but do impress us with previous experience if you feel it helps):

I started playing WoW back in late Burning Crusade, killed Illidan and got Mu'ru after the nerf in Sunwell. Wasn't able to get KJ at that point, because we had more of a friends guild at that point and most of us just started playing at the time.
In WotLK I joined a semi-raid guild and we cleared Naxx, Ulduar (with some hardmodes) and ICC with I think like half heroics. Shortly after I decided to take a break, because I wanted to focus on school and joined back in late Cataclysm (Dragon Soul ~10% Nerf)
I started a new account since I was not able to recover my old one for some reason and started leveling a new toon on Forscherliga, a German RP server, because a lot of friends had moved there to relax and have a good time and I wanted to join them. Most of them sadly quit over the last month(s), and the server is not really populated, raiding is very limited.
In 5.1 we founded a raid group, not tied to any guilds and just started to raid MSV (6/6), HoF (4/6) and ToeS (2/4), but only got Emperor down pre Patch, with a few kills in the other two instances, since we started fairly late into the patch and lost a healer during “progress”.
Once 5.3 hit with ToT we switched over and got a Lei Shen kill pre Patch, but did not go for any heroics, but instead had a summer break over two month in which I went on vacation.
Now we started in 5.4, are currently 9/14 in SoO.

That said, all my heroic experience in this tier comes from cross realm raids. Because I was not happy the way raiding had changed for me, I hosted several progress raids on openraid.eu to get the heroic kills and experience in the instances, which usually went pretty smoothly. I just recently hosted a ToT HC raid, that ultimately led into a Ra-Den kill which made me very happy. I also received a lot of positive feedback on how those runs went.

To summarize my experience for this expansion:
T14 16/16HC
T15 13/13HC
T16 13/14N

What attendance should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply:

I will be able to attend every raid, since my current raid group raids on Thursday/Sunday, and I am available Mondays aswell except when I have extra volleyball training, which happens rarely.

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week):

As stated above, apart from very infrequent extra volleyball trainings before a game, I should be able to be available with a very high attendance.

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us:

I heard about you from what I believe is now a former guild member of you, Grimdal (Dwarf Shaman, now apparently on Auchindon), during an openraid event which we both attended, I cannot recall what raid that was though. We had a lot of fun and I then proceeded to look you up on wowprogress while also searching for a guild that was looking for a restoration shaman with a 3-day raid-schedule, cause I remembered you from the raid with Grimdal.
I was looking for a guild that was not a hardcore progress guild with 5+ raids a week, but is still going for hardmodes and not stopping after normal kills with a reasonable 3-day schedule

What do you expect from us, as a guild:

I expect a friendly atmosphere, enjoyable but efficient raids with people who enjoy raiding and a challenge and are willing to improve themselves and find their own mistakes.

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):

Looks alright for me.

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application?

I wanted to add class and spec experience to this application. Since I've started playing I've always played shaman, and therefore got used to using a lot of spells. Over the years I have gotten really comfortable with the class.
Although I played Enhancement up to MoP where I switched to Restoration for a change, I'm playing my offspec very actively and still love it.

Please have a look at my openraid profile, which I almost solely use for raiding, since I'm on a pretty low populated server at the moment. http://openraid.eu/users/index/108315

HARDWARE

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3046369655.png

Give us a brief specification of your computer - enough to assure it can handle 25 man raids:

CPU:  AMD Phenom II X4 965 (Quad Core 2.6GHz)
RAM:  8GB DDR3
GPU:  AMD Radeon HD 6800
HDD:  250GB SSD for System and programs; 2x 2TB SATA HDD for files and games.

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers?

Since my current raid uses TS3 for voice comm, I am and I do have a working microphone.

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok?

Yes, this is perfectly fine for me as long as you don't wake me up in the middle of the night smile

In case there is anything missing in my application, please let me know, but I think I covered everything.
If you have any question, or want to consult me in person, please write me an PM or contact me over my Battle-Tag: Perc#2138

Important!!
If you consider recruiting me, I will have to transfer realms, but i promised my old raid that I stay with them for a bit (1-2 weeks) until they found a replacement for me. For more on this, please consult me in-game over Battle Tag, or on this thread!

I'm looking forward to a response. Cheers for reading!
Perc

Last edited by Perc (2013-11-02 15:01:49)

"Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time."
- Terry Pratchett

#2 2013-10-27 13:12:01

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Perc - Draenei Restoration Shaman (X-Realm) - accepted

Thank you for the application. We will try to come up with an answer by the end of this reset. For clarity - we understand the last bit mentioned in the application.

#3 2013-10-27 17:25:12

Lamme
Guildmaster

Would you please also provide a link presenting your enhancement set?

Best if you do it via a site that allows for saving gear presets, not armory, so that we can have a looksie at the both.

#4 2013-10-27 17:42:56

Perc
Leading Team

Certainly, I hope this works: Enhancement / Restoration

edit: If the Enhancement above doesn't display anything for you, try this one, entered manually:

Last edited by Perc (2013-10-27 18:49:54)

- Terry Pratchett

#5 2013-10-27 19:24:08

Lamme
Guildmaster

It appears to work just fine, we have all the information we need now and we will get back to you in due time course, thank you.

#6 2013-10-28 00:07:00

Perc
Leading Team

Quick update, we downed Nazgrim and Malkorok today so I'm currently at 13/14N. Here's the log for todays evening Clicky

- Terry Pratchett

#7 2013-11-05 15:58:28

Lamme
Guildmaster

With certain caveats relating to the spec discussed in game -

Accepted

• Index
  •  » Recruiting
  •  » Perc - Draenei Restoration Shaman (X-Realm) - accepted

Board footer