• Index
  •  » Druid
  •  » Whats the best? [Chicken Burst]

#1 2013-11-12 17:41:17

Machalphelp
Guild Member

Whats the best? [Chicken Burst]

Hi Druids
Yesterday i agreed with mala that i would try to explane how i do chicken burst. (Smoker! you could use this info aswell wink)

This is alot more effective after getting the 10.29k haste breakpoint, and while haveing 15k+ crit rating. It also scales really good with hero on the second the pull happens, due to our dots giving loads of starsurge procs coz of the extra ticks, aswell as trees hitting like insane.

Abilities used for the first 20sec:
Astral Communion
Potion of the Jade Serpent
Force of Nature
Celestial Alignment
I also use HoTw for the passive effect and hybrid posibilities. DoC and maybe even Nv would give better burst

Beside the listed spells you should of cause be feed and flasked.

For an opener with these talents aswell as the Meta gem you want to start 1cast from solar

During the opener, do the following

At 8-5 sec you use Astral Communion (Not after 5sec coz that will make the next step harder. not before 8sec since you want to be on the safe side)

At 3-2 sec you use Potion of the Jade Serpent
Right after you use Starfall
At 0 (just when the tank pulls) you use Celestial Alignment
Instantly put Moonfire on your target (this applies Sunfire aswell)
Use your 3 Force of Nature trees now. Since they are off the GCD use them while during the following.
After this you use Starsurge
Now use Starfire - When you are around 16k crit rating, you shouldnt need to use more than 1 Starfire before you get a Starsurge proc. Allways priotise Starsurge procs, but dont cancel your current cast
When Starfall runs out, pop a new 1 and keep doing the above line.
Now pay close attention to your trinkets. If they are above to run out, make sure you pop Moonfire again before they do so. Even if there is 4-6sec left on Celestial Alignment.
Keep casting Starfire and Starsurge untill Celestial Alignment runs out. (shouldnt be much time left here)

This is pretty much the burst period. You will have alot of starsurge procs due to the 2 good dots and trinkets etc. but otherwise itīs normal rotation from now on.

#2 2013-11-12 19:02:58

Smoker
Guild Member

Re: Whats the best? [Chicken Burst]

I find this ehm abit confusing.
U start 1 cast away from solor and then right before the fight start u enter solar with "Astral Communion"?
And if u are going to use "Celestrial Alignment" anyway why start at solar (14.570 damage for me) since starfall does more damge in lunar (20.233 damage)? or does "celestrial Alignment" overwrite the starfall already casted in an eclipse?
What trinkets do you use?
How do you track your crit rating?
And last does this all apply to any gear or does it require the current tier set?

#3 2013-11-12 21:09:13

Machalphelp
Guild Member

Question 1+2:
The reason for useing Astral Communion is that you cast your 1st starfall (the 1 before the fight starts) with NG up. 15% haste for a starfall is pretty good, and you dont sacrifice anything to get it.
The reason to start 1 cast from solar is:
1. The above
2. If you start at lunar then you have trinkets up while you are going through lunar and the 3 casts to get to solar before you would use CA to skip that solar eclipse. Which means your biggest cd is up without trinkets. If you use the open im useing, then you start with celestial alignment up, while all your trinkets are active.

Question 3: Im useing Purified Bindings of Immerseus and Kardrisī Toxic Totem

Question 4: I dont really have any math behind that you get a great deal extra dps with 15k+ crit rating, itīs just have i got from WoL etc. I could just see that i got atleast 2 extra procs during burst after that point. Might be luck but itīs just what i noticed.

Question 5: It apply to any gear you have, but ofc the 4set helps alot with the 8% high chance for instant starsurge.

Hopes this answers your questions, otherwise, feel free to ask again smile

#4 2013-11-13 16:18:50

Smoker
Guild Member

Machalphelp wrote:

Question 1+2:
The reason for useing Astral Communion is that you cast your 1st starfall (the 1 before the fight starts) with NG up. 15% haste for a starfall is pretty good, and you dont sacrifice anything to get it.

Iam well aware of this

Machalphelp wrote:

2. If you start at lunar then you have trinkets up while you are going through lunar and the 3 casts to get to solar before you would use CA to skip that solar eclipse. Which means your biggest cd is up without trinkets. If you use the open im useing, then you start with celestial alignment up, while all your trinkets are active.

Either my brain shut down again or I just did not make myself very clear (could be both)
My question was you do everything just like u said but instead of starting 1 cast from solar, you start 1 cast away from lunar because starfall does more damage in lunar. I was just wondering what was the idea behind starting 1 cast from solar and not lunar since you are only using it for 1 cast of starfall?

Machalphelp wrote:

Now use Starfire - When you are around 16k crit rating, you shouldnt need to use more than 1 Starfire before you get a Starsurge proc. Allways priotise Starsurge procs, but dont cancel your current cast

Are you saying if i standing stil not attacking (meaning no procs) got around 16k crit while in "celestrial Alignment" I use starfire over wrath?
Or do you use some addon to always keep an eye on your crit rating while in combat?

Last edited by Smoker (2013-11-13 16:19:44)

#5 2013-11-13 19:54:41

Machalphelp
Guild Member

Sorry Smoker, seems like i completly missunderstood your question

The reason for starting 1 cast from solar is because you then get lunar after CA. Luner is the main single target dps eclipse due to starfire simply doing more damage than wrath. If you have Hero up, then you have hero for a lunar instead of a solar eclipse. Due to this fact that solar is worse than lunar for single target, you want to skip as many solar eclipses as posible, and you can sort of "skip" 1 of them by doing this opener.

The 16k crit rating was just a number i throwed out since i felt there where some sort of breakpoint here, which i also said isnt based on math but on a feeling.
You should ALLWAYS use starfire during CA, wrath is just a filler spell needed to use to get to lunar eclipse so you can use starfire again.

Hope my brain was better understanding and answering your questions this time. Otherwise i have to try again smile

#6 2013-11-13 20:12:26

Smoker
Guild Member

That answered all my questions thanks

• Index
  •  » Druid
  •  » Whats the best? [Chicken Burst]

Board footer