Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2013-11-14 06:24:33

Lina
Uncertified member

Lina 90 hunter, x-realm application - declined

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Nationality: Sweden
Occupation: University student. Taking a 3-year program called analytical finance.
How good is your English: Excellent in both speaking and writing. Although, I admit that I can have trouble pronuncing some words.
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in: Well, I'm basically a down to earth guy. I do not lie, I try to avoid drama and bullshit conversations (however, that does not mean I don't enjoy jokes from time to time wink). I have no problems at all with taking criticism, as long as it is constructive and not something in the line of - shitface, noobretardstopdyingyolo420.
Anyways, I've been playing games on a regular basis (hon/sc2/d3)at a semi-hardcore/hardcore level ever since my brother introduced me to diablo 1, and I dont intend on stopping.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Lėna (will change name + gender if I'm accepted as a trial)
BattleTag: Shiiria#2284
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … a/advanced
Mainspec: Beast Mastery
Offspec: Survival
Professions: Enchanting (600)/Engineering (600)

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally. We will likely consult your profile with Mr. Robot. If you're doing something different than it indicates (which is often the right things to do), please explain the reasoning.

I always properly gem/enchant/reforge/(upgrade) my gear according to Mr.Robot (combining it with own simulations using simcraft). The stats I'm mainly aiming for are obviously hit/exp to 7.5%, and after that crit>haste>mastery in pretty much a rate of 3:2:1 to reduce as much "nerfed dps" because of the 5.4 rppm changes. Apart from that, my pet seem to do significantly more dps by reforging a bit of haste instead of going all in on crit.
The sources I primarily use for checking on updates for hunters in general, maximising my dps with current gear, enchanting/reforging new gear etc are following:

www.askmrrobot.com
www.mmo-champion.com
www.elitistjerks.com
www.maxdps.com
www.icy-veins.com
+(SimulationCraft)

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:

At the moment I feel that changing specs considering the boss fight is rather TO MUCH essential for SoO. BM atm with my gear, slightly passes SV in dps (by ~20k) on single target fights (+ dark shamans) such as malkorok and thok, while SV significantly passes on fights such as norushen / galakras due to superstrong AoE capabilities. The main problem with BM though is that pets tend to bug out, alot, which comes with huge dps losses since they are the main dmg output for BM. On fights such as galakras and siegecrafter, I've realised that when jumping down from towers / up to the conveyor belt, my pet constantly bugs out and stays at my old position (before jumping) and stays there not doing anything until I switch him to passive and the back to assisting which magically makes him teleport up to me (sometimes that does not even work). Just for that reason I think SV is superior to BM for such fights.

Are any of your alts suit for raiding? If so, tell us about them and link armory profile:

Currently, I mainly have my alts for professions etc and I haven't been bothered doing much with the legendary quest line on them. The ones worth mentioning I guess are my mage and paladin:
Mage - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … h/advanced
Paladin - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … 0/advanced
Since I am applying x-realm, I probably wont migrate them if I get accepted - I'd rather level up new ones (have a non-geared lvl 90 war on RC though).

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.
Without this, you will most likely be rejected.

http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/296210/

What's your best result in Prooving Grounds? This is especially valuable in case you cannot provide WoL log.

I've done it a total of three times, highest level on endless is between 47-48 somewhere.

Which pve addons do you use?

Skada
Bigwigs
Omen
Phoenixstyle
TellmeWhen
JS Hunter Bar
I read somewhere on your rules section that certain addons that you are using are mandatory, but I could seem to find which specific ones. Please tell me if they do not include the ones I am using.
Show us your UI.
(Will provide one on thursday, 14/11/2013, from main raid)

Raiding Experience (we're mostly interested in your achievements in the current expansion, but do impress us with previous experience if you feel it helps):

(DISCLAIMER) - I decided to make this part very thorough, because I do not want you to see me as a guy who just leaves every guild he is in after a while for some stupid reason, because that is definately not the case. I really want to find a new guild to call "my home". This part will cover most of my old guilds aswell.

During TBC I played with a guild on Haomarush, which I can't remember the name of unfortunately, which were made by some hardcore irl friends. We cleared everything froom hyjal-bt to kil'jaeden prenerf. Before that I just did some casual raiding with pugs/friends in ssc/tk/kara. When wotlk released I migrated to a more populated server (frostwhisper), due to the old guild disbanding, and I joined a guild called purple vision which i cleared naxx 10/25, sarth 2d + malygos 10/25 with. I then took a break up to ToC, which at the time I joined a guild called pewpewpew after playing starcraft 2 beta with a fellow from there. We cleared TotC 25 man HC + did tribute to mad skill (with 49 tries left.. umad??.. yes verymad) and I followed them to icc and cleared 6 bosses with them on 25 man heroic.

When cataclysm released s*** got serious, I decided to apply to showdown on Zenedar (world 70 a the time) and they accepted me. I played with them from beginning of t11 (13/13hc) until beginning of firelands where they unfortunately disbanded for , in my eyes, an unknown reason.
By that time I had just gotten to know new irl friends (beginning of high-school) and I decided to join them on ravencrest as alliance. When I had played with them for ~2 weeks, pugging fl normal I decided to apply to Alterac Deviants (world ~120). Problem was that they were at the time full on hunters, but they wanted to give me a chance 'cause they saw my potential, so I rerolled a warlock to fit their rooster. I played with them for only 1 month until I really felt that it was a big mistake rerolling a warlock. Got bored quickly after clearing 6/7 HC and I did not feel comfortable playing a spellcaster, so I decided to leave them because I really wanted to play my hunter. I took a break during ds because I had no guild at the time and decided to focus on my studies.
When mop arrived I decided to try my chances again, with another hardcore guild called In the Dark, on ravencrest. And again, I did the mistake of rerolling to fit their rooster, I rolled a ret pally. I found it enjoyable whilst leveling 85-90, but I still did not enjoy raiding as much as I did earlier, with my hunter. I stuck with it though, until heroic progression began (cleared MSV 2/6 HC) and In the dark disbanded suddenly disbanded over christmas due to lack of a steady rooster. After that I took a break again, until 5.4 released, and here I am with 14/14 normal in SoO.

I have now decided to focus everything on my hunter, because I do not want to make the same mistake again, as I mainly did when joining Alterac Deviants. I have always strived after being at the top, with every game I've played, but due to unstable guilds/stupid decisions I have never showed anybody what I really can do.
Cata / Mop exp summarised:

t11 - 13/13HC
t12 - 6/7HC
t13 - 7/8 HC (Did not kill Warmaster)
t14 - MSV 2/6 HC, HoF/Toes only done after 5.4
t15 - 10/13 HC, done after 5.4
t16 - 14/14 normal 10 man, 12/14 normal 25 man

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply.

You can expect 100% attendence for the next 5 years (if not late night exams unrealistically decided to pop up) because I can plan my studies accordingly.

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week):

As mentioned above, + family birthdays.

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us:

I have been checking out your website alot, and keeping an eye up on wowprogress. You seem to have exactly what I am looking for - raids 3 days/week, disciplined raids with highest possible progress in mind, and a very big and active community for much more than just wow. Unfortunately I do not know anybody in the guild.

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):

I have read all the rules, and I understand them perfectly.

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application?

Well, I could briefly tell you why I am not satisfied with my current guild. In the first week I joined a guild on my server (Ragnaros) called Doradus, formerly known as Unforgiven on Jaedenar since vanilla. They were a dying out 10 man guild at the time. After a 2 weeks trial I was offered the spot as raid leader / 2nd gm to help ressurecting the guild. These past 3 weeks I've been recruiting together with the current gm + another officer to help rebuild the guild. We managed to kill 12/14 normal in 25 man + 14/14 in 10 man the first 2 weeks.
I do not feel like it is going like I want it to though. The other recruiters are setting low standards on raiders and the discipline is rather low in the raids due to that. And as I said earlier, I want to continue my journey in to heroics and dont wanna stand still on useless normal content for the rest of november.

HARDWARE

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3099637370

Is your computer good enough to handle 25 man heroic raids? If you only did 10 man and lfr until now, say so please.

Absolutely, even due to my 10/10 internet I've never had issues with fps/disconnecting.

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers?

Yes.

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok?

Absolutely.

I appriciate if you read through my application thoroughly and hope to hear from you soon!
//Simon

#2 2013-11-14 13:44:34

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Lina 90 hunter, x-realm application - declined

Thank you for the application, we will get back to you very shortly.

We do not require members to have any addons per se (if such an information is included somewhere on the page, it's outdated). If anything there used to be some addons we specifically asked people not to use, since we had suspicions they were causing raid waid lag. This isn't the case any longer either.

#3 2013-11-14 14:18:42

Lamme
Guildmaster

We've now read your application. and there is a problem with it - it's pretty good. This is a problem since, if it wasn't good, we could just say - no thanks, declined. But it is quite good.

And this moment we don't feel confident adding any other player to our roster. So if you're looking for something available right away, we cannot help you. We will, hoever, keep you in the back of the head and should there be an opening in not too long, we will reconsider your application.

Which race have you been thinking of, as far as alliance goes?

#4 2013-11-14 15:30:04

Lina
Uncertified member

I can't really say that I am looking for something to join today or tomorrow, because I have a big role in my current guild. I can't just suddenly go missing as a raid leader, and leave them without one. When I wrote the application I had in mind that I wanted to stay on ragnaros for atleast another week, maybe two, which I obviously forgot to mention.

As for the race, I've heard you like gnomes, but unfortunately that is not a possibility neutral| I will most likely go with night elf male/female or worgen male.

And here is a picture of my UI by the way:

http://i.imgur.com/xp7qVYR.jpg

Last edited by Lina (2013-11-14 17:12:25)

#5 2013-11-24 18:47:18

Lamme
Guildmaster

Declined

Board footer