•  » Recruiting
  •  » Gotchu - Survival / Beast Mastery Draenei Hunter - accepted

#1 2013-12-09 03:03:52

Gotchu
Guild Member

Gotchu - Survival / Beast Mastery Draenei Hunter - accepted

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Nationality: British
Occupation: Full time university student studying BSc Forensic Science with part-time employment in retail.
How good is your English: English is my native language and I am fairly certain I can speak it fluently.
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in:
Dedicated, hardworking individual with the pursuit of knowledge in both real world issues and in games. I've been a gamer ever since I was old enough to hold a controller pad and orientated my life around studying and gaming. I suffer from social awkwardness though once the ice is broken, I am a fairly humorous individual who can make jokes and really engage on a social level.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Gotchu
BattleTag: Iluminous199#2260
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … u/advanced
Mainspec: Survival
Offspec: Beast Mastery
Professions: Mining / Jewelcrafting with the flexibility to swap over to more beneficial professions.

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally. We will likely consult your profile with Mr. Robot. If you're doing something different than it indicates (which is often the right things to do), please explain the reasoning.
I believe I am working around with my gear to optimise it not only for my class, but my play style too; I have a few BiS items and a few LFR items but slowly but surely, BiS would be in every slot. As for being gemmed and reforged? Every item of mine is tailored around my playstyle and class; There are a few exceptions to what Mr Robot says where it tells me to move away from some expertise and hit and this is down to being overall under the hit and expertise cap. My gems are a work in progress which can be optimised further but my enchants should be correct.

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:
Hunter
Pros: A highly mobile attack powered dps class which can produce a high amount of stable burst to which can be held at a stable rate and the ability to be molded around any raid composition due to what your pets can offer the raid at the time. Inspired to reroll to a Hunter during End game Cataclysm, the class has seemed to be moving forward into the right direction to being one of the most optimized and near balanced ranged classes in MoP.
Cons: Out of all the ranged DPS classes, Hunters seemed have got the quickest review and overhaul and my personal opinion fall far behind in the ability to produce a high amount of damage compared to Mages and Warlocks.

Survival
Pro: The four set bonus on T16 gear combined with Explosive Shot and the recent buff to the ability itself personally has boosted this spec to be the most viable out of the hunter specs.
Cons: Mastery seems a dead weight stat which really could' have been better looked into to be more useful like what it is with Beast Mastery.

Are any of your alts suit for raiding? If so, tell us about them and link armory profile:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … u/advanced (My work in progress to gear fully from Normals)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … u/advanced (My latest addition to my team; currently being geared)

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.
Without this, you will most likely be rejected.
My logs would be fairly empty as I was forced to use my Resto Druid mainly for progression but here below are my lastest logs

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/fu1t7lpc … details/1/ (A day full of Garrosh wipes - Overall)

3 best attempts:
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/fu1t7lpc … amp;e=3936
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/fu1t7lpc … amp;e=5403
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/fu1t7lpc … amp;e=8021

What's your best result in Prooving Grounds? This is especially valuable in case you cannot provide WoL log.
I have not tried proving grounds currently on my Hunter but if this is required for the application, I would be willing to trial myself upon this.
Update: Had a quick try out and complete Bronze and Silver.

Which pve addons do you use?
Skada
Deadly Boss Mods
Pitbull
Bartender 4

Show us your UI.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5aztg4rw4gy01 … .40.05.png (Big buttons due to being partially sighted)

Raiding Experience (we're mostly interested in your achievements in the current expansion, but do impress us with previous experience if you feel it helps):
Vanilla: No experience
Burning Crusade: Began playing and caught Zul Aman
Wrath of the Lich King: Naxxaramas was my first raid with a raid guild, took a lengthy break through Ulduar and Trials and came back for Ice Crown (DK Blood / Frost tank at the time) (25m)
Cataclysm: Caught the first few weeks of Blackwing Decent then took a lengthy break through Firelands and caught the last part of Dragon Soul (Resto Druid at the time) (10m)
Mists of Pandaria: Was absent during early raiding but have fully become engaged with Throne of Thunder  12/12N and Siege of Ogriimmar 13/14N (Hunter/Druid) (10m)

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply.

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week):
My university timetable is not fixed though the latest I've ever been scheduled to finish would be 6pm GMT but these are rare occasions. For weekends, my contracted hours at my place of work consist of finishing at 8pm GMT on Saturdays and 6pm GMT on Sundays. Other than these arrangements, I am fairly flexible.

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us:
As I am fairly new to Ravencrest I was unsure on which guild I would pick to progress with. I chose a guild after being appealed by the guild master and I have progressed up to Garrosh on Normal. with my current potential when I am able to reach it, I believe I am at a point where my current guild cannot offer me any further experience to progress which prompted me to look for a guild making HC progress. Upon seeing your advertisement in the trade channel I took the time to look up your guild and progress and we share many similar aims. I know you're a fairly hardcore guild with many years of experience and offer stability and a clear direction which is one of the main reasons which has appealed to me making this application and I hope what I can offer you is what you are asking for.

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):
I fully confirm that I understood your rules and are fully compliant with them.

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application?
I have been fairly inactive on my Hunter due to moving to my Resto Druid for guild progress so my logs may appear lower (I know personally I can do better and would be willing to show this.) I know personally my gear is below what I believe your current standard is at but I am willing to gear up asap to reach a decent level if given the opportunity.

HARDWARE

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 - 3630QM CPU @2.40GHz 2.40GHz
Installed Memory: Ram: 22.0 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
Operating System: 64 bit Windows 8

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3153148123

Is your computer good enough to handle 25 man heroic raids? If you only did 10 man and lfr until now, say so please.
I've only tested my computer with 10m Normals and 25 man LFR's but I believe it is optimised to handle 25m HC.

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers?
Yes.

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok?
Yes.

Last edited by Gotchu (2013-12-09 04:21:35)

#2 2013-12-09 12:43:10

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Gotchu - Survival / Beast Mastery Draenei Hunter - accepted

Thanks for the application, we will get back to you.

#3 2013-12-12 00:11:29

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Gotchu - Survival / Beast Mastery Draenei Hunter - accepted

Accepted

Contact us in game for an invite. If you haven't gotten yourself saved to SoO yet this reset, do not do it.

• Index
  •  » Recruiting
  •  » Gotchu - Survival / Beast Mastery Draenei Hunter - accepted

Board footer