•  » Warlock application (Omfgawarlock) what ever spec is best - declined

#1 2014-01-22 15:58:23

Omfgawarlock
Guild Member

Warlock application (Omfgawarlock) what ever spec is best - declined

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Nationality: South African
How good is your English: Good
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in: Nothing I can think of right now, but you will learn what you need to know in time smile

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Omfgawarlock
BattleTag:
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … ock/simple
Mainspec: It's what ever is best, but I am partial to Affliction.
Offspec: Again, what ever is best.
Professions: Engineering and Enchanting

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally. We will likely consult your profile with Mr. Robot. If you're doing something different than it indicates (which is often the right things to do), please explain the reasoning.

Mr robot's numbers reflect only the best stat weights for each specific spec, but the differences between each stat is so little that there isn't really any reason to go pure haste or pure crit for destruction. So I changed some of the stat weights to make it more mastery orientated so switching specs isn't a hassle while maintaining and experimenting with break points where applicable. 

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:
Warlocks have utility that no other class has, Health-stones and Gateways which make an encounter considerably easier if used correctly, also having a soul-stone on a healer makes getting up from a wipe easier too smile Oh and the damage.
Con: Omni classes are considerably useful when it come to off healing and changing spec completely to better the raid group, pure dps classes like a warlock can only offer one thing

Are any of your alts suit for raiding? If so, tell us about them and link armory profile:
The highest item level alt I have is 540, and that is my priest. Disc/Shadow. So, the question pertaining to raid readiness really depends on the raid, if it's an alt raid still doing the easy bosses, sure, not sure about performance in main runs! http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … ico/simple

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.
Without this, you will most likely be rejected. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0rjcp0kblq80mzkf/
All I can say in my defense if these numbers do meet your requirements is that in order to rank and or perform to a preconceived notion of acceptable performance you need (A) the right gear (B) the right tactic, in most of these fights, especially Norushen I was always given bottom pick despite being the best dps in most cases. Also I would like to state, that these logs are mine, not the guilds.

What's your best result in Prooving Grounds? This is especially valuable in case you cannot provide WoL log. To be honest I haven't really payed too much attention to it, I did try it one night just for lols to see what it was about and got the 20 waves and above achievement, I guess at some point I should try it properly and at least get to 30 smile

Which pve addons do you use? Vhudo, Bartender, DBM/Bigwigs depending on which one I feel is the best, Skada, Prat and Affdots. The reason for the last one is so I don't have to use an addon like Weak Auras, the addon registers trinket procs and suggest when to reapply dots so it's kind of 2 addons in one for me atleast

Show us your UI. http://postimg.org/image/91kphu3kb/ I like it simple, with most of the spells and items in a small area leaving the majority of screen open to see when I am standing in the fire.

Raiding Experience (we're mostly interested in your achievements in the current expansion, but do impress us with previous experience if you feel it helps):
As my experience suggests, I am currently 11/13 but have done blackfuse and Paragons enough to be 100% comfortable with the fights, even though blackfuse in my previous guild had been downed, I wasn't there for the kill. As to the previous raiding experience, I killed Hogger before nerf.

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply.
Close to 100%, in my previous guild I maintained a 99% raid attendance. Obviously, there will be unforeseen circumstances where I am unable to attend, but notice will be given well before raid time so plans can be made.

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week): I am studying at the moment, and ofc during exam season my attendance MIGHT drop depending on the difficulty of the work. But it shouldn't happen often.

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us: 3 things really, Raid times, raid days and progress. They suit me well and the progress suggests a relaxed but skilled raiding atmosphere which is what I am looking for.

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application? Accept me plox

HARDWARE

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3250464736 I know it seems like a lot, but that ping is around the best you will get from here and is more than enough to play World of Warcraft.

Is your computer good enough to handle 25 man heroic raids? If you only did 10 man and lfr until now, say so please. My pc has been recently upgraded, and is capable of handling 25 man with no issues, I think the lowest the FPS has ever dropped to was 66.

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers? Yes

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok? Not really, my line of work demands anonymity, no one I have met online may know my number, real name ect...but a compromise can be made . I am on Skype and has served well for this purpose.

#2 2014-01-22 16:23:44

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Warlock application (Omfgawarlock) what ever spec is best - declined

Thanks for the application, we will get back to you shortly.

Not really, my line of work demands anonymity, no one I have met online may know my number, real name ect

You're not a SAP officer though, right? :>

#3 2014-01-22 16:49:28

Omfgawarlock
Guild Member

No, I am not an officer, but my line of work is in security.

#4 2014-01-22 18:03:53

Lamme
Guildmaster

Declined

• Index
  •  » Recruiting
  •  » Warlock application (Omfgawarlock) what ever spec is best - declined

Board footer