[X-Realm] Smacker - Best Mastery Hunter - accepted

Application Smacker - Hunter

Personal information

Name:
Marcus

Sweden

Student

About me:
Hello! My experience from the exam I got is that I have learned how to use more than 10 different editing programs, for websites/pictures/posters/movies and much more. At the moment I am studying at unviersity, and will soon be an examined engineer.

While I am playing World of Warcraft, there are several things that I prioritize, like Friends, always appear as a good player, being polite (however very funny guy aswell), care about others, having a good time and of course getting forward in the game (such as progress and success in mostly PVE, but also PVP for fun while I don't PVE obviously).

To summarize myself, I am a player that takes World of Warcraft serious (as described above), played since beta, but also wants to enjoy the game and have a good time playing with some other really good players! Especially when its on Ravencrest together with all of you in an awesome guild – The Enigma Order!

System Info

System specification:
RAM: 8GB.
Windows-7 64-bit Operating System
AMD 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.61 GHz
For communication programs: I have Teamspeak, Mumble, Ventrilo, Skype, Raid call and other types of speaking/communication programs, and I am available to get something new if needed. My microphone and sound quality is good, got Steelseries gaming Headset together with Razer BlackWidow Ultimate keyboard + Razer Mamba mouse.

Connection (use speedtest.net):
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4206598579 32ms - 94 up and down

FPS (average in a 25man raid on a bossfight):
~50

Character Information

Character Name:
Smacker

Class:
Hunter

Main Spec:
Beast Mastery.

Off Spec (How well can I play it?):
Marksmanship – Very good.
Survival – Exceptional.

Am I willing to respec to help the guild? Am I willing to change role for the guild?
Yes I will always respec, change role when needed. Experiences above and below where I have descriptions from survival as previous main spec.

Contact Information (Battletag):
Reygar#2217 – If you ask nice and say pretty please you can get my Snapchat haha!

Armory Link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s … r/advanced

UI
http://i57.tinypic.com/vfioec.png

http://i57.tinypic.com/2yjtvl1.png

Logs
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Yk … amage-done Gruul Mythic
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cq … amage-done Oregorger Mythic
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/n6 … amage-done Blackhand Normal
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c … boss=1695m Iron Maidens Heroic

Economy:
Bill Gates (for raiding improvements)

What is my ”/playtime” on my main character?
167 days.

Am I a clicker?
"If you click you're a dick" – big no.

Does our raiding schedule suit you?
Yes!

Did you read our recruitment rules and agree on it?
I did and I do.

Raiding, activity and progress

Why did I pick The Enigma Order?
I have been in a few 25man guilds so far and I have not felt that they fill all my requirements to be considered as a good and a suitable guild in my opinion so far. The reason why I also want a 30man guild is because of my previous experiences with 10man guilds which I did like, but do not prefer, ’cause I do really like the 30man atmosphere together with 20man mythic.

I also think its a lot more fun to be more players in a group for the same purpose, aswell as the communication with all the other good and loyal players. I do prioritice the raiding in the guild, however I do also take what happens outside of the raiding time serious, which I have so far found very good about you in The Enigma Order, especially in terms of good manners and being very polite. After all im not only a player who comes to raid, im a person who want to do something outside raid times with the guild aswell, learn and talk to all the other guildies, improve, complete the challenges and other fun activites to be found. Therefore these are my reasons why I would like to apply to The Enigma Order.

Do I have any alts? (link armory):
My alt characters:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d … n/advanced Warrior
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d … z/advanced Warlock
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d … edHoly/ret Paladin, good experience and healing skills in general, unfortunately inactive for a while due to lvl and gear. But always an option if ever needed.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d … e/advanced Shaman
And an additional free lvl 90 boost together with some other alts.

Previous expansion experience?
I have done PVE + PVP for quite a long time during World of Warcraft. I am a vanilla player, and during Vanilla I did all the normal things you did when you played Vanilla of course! Like experiencing the game, the very first and start of it, it's just such good memories!

Here is the most of my experience from Smacker in Cataclysm and what I’ve lead:
It started with BoT - BWD - Tot4W where I was playing with my druid (mordeck-outland) as tank with my irl. friends, our goal were to have a good time but still get progress and clear the contents of course! Later on during the summer 2011, when Firelands were released I have been playing and raiding on my druid mostly as Tank in a weekly raid together with my neighbour, which we started. It was hard work, but we managed to get realm first "pugg" Ragnaros kill. I also did 6/7 HCs quite fast in there (with one raid/week), and I do know everything about Firelands for all classes, since I were raiding there for a long time as all roles (healer, tank, dps)! In general I always know the tactics and positions for every fight, but mostly getting my part close to perfection before the rest.

However, my real raiding experience of Smacker started in a bit of the end of Firelands, where I joined my previous weekly raid (the one I did BoT- BWD - Tot4W with) on my hunter. That was the moment when I really fell in love with my hunter, and that's also the moment when I decided to get my Hunter as Main!

I cleared 6/7 HC in Firelands with my hunter, we couldn't do more because the lack of attendance from other players, and that our DK from Method migrated. However I have done Ragnaros HC a lot of times now, so that content is cleared of course, got experience of taking care of all the Magma traps with Deterrence/Disengage/Grip from a priest and likewise smart ways of dealing with mechanics. I'm also used to do the timer call when to run from one point to another, like at the Molten Seed, and in the last phase I usually take care of the Cloudburst, when I am surrounded by deluge, which makes me immune to take damage when I am taking out the Dreamflames! However I have experience of almost every boss in game now, and especially really good knowledge from every boss in Cataclysm, since I have been helping out raidleading the FL pugg with my dear neighbour Jocose.  With that being said, I always find out nice, good and smart ways of dealing with mechanics and constantly trying to improve myself to benefit performance aswell as the raid!

Then we have Dragon Soul, where I have been the Hard Core dps in my weekly pugg, we also got 6 HC down prenerf. Mostly why my dps isn't that impressive from all the boss fights back then is because the things that I had to do, like to provide the raid with special things, but in my opinion, I still think that it is way more important to do the things right with maybe a little lower damage than just doing more damage and failing. In end of content when it was gear equal I were getting some good top ranks on most bosses. However, I have great experience and knows exactly what to do in DS up to 8/8 HC in Tank/Dps/Healer!

Good fights from other expansions
Al'akir: I just loved the concept of almost being in heaven and have the opportunity to fly in the end and kill something that big.
Ragnaros: Because I have had loads of good and bad times on him, but something that I really can look back to and feel good about is the fights where I killed Ragnaros together with people I had been progressing with and that we actually felt an end. Some of these friends I had also been playing with in Vanilla, where we faced the same guy again, Ragnaros the annoying, but the kills of Ragnaros in Firelands actually felt better.
Funniest fights: Ultraxion, because I just cant get it how hard it is for other people to fail pushing 1 button, which is an example of scrubnubs.

Best fights from Pandaria
The spirit kings: Because of that there is different bosses with specific mechanics in one boss. Which they took inspiration from to also make Beastlord Dramac and such fights.
Elegon: I do like the new concept of the light and shiny encounter, but also that it has the mechanic of actually letting people who fail quite hard drop like a stones.
Thok the Bloodthirsty: Because he is showing people what real one-shot is while running over them.

Previous Guilds

Previous guilds? and reason for leaving?
I have been in different guilds, some social and some more specific for raiding the contents. I have been playing on Outland horde for the most of my time in WoW (also Alliance during Vanilla), but unfortunately my hunter didn't become my main until Cataclysm. I started to join a Swedish guild called Fenimo, where I had my other characters too, but I didn't really raid that many times with them because I were raiding with some of my in real life friends, which I'll describe below.

I were basically in the guild Fenimo during my whole time on Outland, until I migrated with my dear mate Merke, we decided to move together to Sanity - Bladefist Alliance, but they merged with a horde guild called Immersion, and just before that many of our good raiders left the guild and we were needed to take in under geared socials to fill the raid spots. This lead me and Merke to go to Silvermoon and after that Grim Batol. We joined a guild called Clarity on Jaedenar that disbanded when we were trials. After that I didn't have much time to raid because I were about to start university and didn't keep up that well unfortunately, so I took a break from raiding in the middle of tier 14.

After all that I started my raiding together with SoO release with a guild Amnesia and got down 10 Heroics 10man quite early where I later became raid leader. Then some people left from the guild and I was taking a break until I joined Final Evolution to clear HC and then mythic SoO aswell as having my experience with them in HM and 5/7M and BRF 9/10 HC due to guild situations and rules unfortunately. Now I have 5/10M and 10/10HC together with 7/7M HM.

Addons:
Bartender; To give myself a bar setup that fits the best for me.
MikScrollingBattleText; Makes it easier for me to see what damage I am dealing with different abilities.
Deadly Boss Mods; Generally helps me out during all the pve, but mostly in raids where it usually yells out if I get any special debuff/buff on me, saying what abilities the boss is using, telling what phase that will begin by a explaining text.
Skada: Shows me what amount of DPS and Damage I do, also good to see what damage both me and others do on different targets and just general performance.
Quartz: Provides me with some extra good cast bars for my pet, myself, enemies and my focused target.
JSHB

Gear Information

To gain most damage available I have of course followed the Stats order from a bunch of different sites that says the same, and that I have also experienced and tried out different ways to get a confession myself that its the best order they show! This obviously changes for each boss where different parts is the main priority in terms of stat priority changed due to other talents or spec.

Is there any items that could affect your current playstyle or stat priorities?
Yes there is, as always stats and items that will follow my stats order description as below, and some things gets changed due to proccs etc.

Orders:
Stats order BM: Agility> Mastery> Haste> Multistrike> Crit> Versatility.
(Stats order SV: Agility> Multistrike> Critical Strike Rating > Versatility> Haste, Mastery)
Gem: Mastery, however haste could be viable (Multistrike for SV)
Enchants: Mastery, however haste could be viable (Multistrike for SV)

Major Glyphs
• Glyph of disengage which increases my distance traveled.
• Animal Bond provides both me and my pet to receive 10 % more healing.
• Deterrence gives me 20 % damage reduction.

Minor glyphs
In general my minor glyphs doesn't provide that much for the raiding.

Keybinds pve
Explosive Shot = Q
Barrage = T
Multi-Shot = Shift + E
Arcane Shot = 3
Focusing shot = 2
Black Arrow = F
Disengage = Shift + B
Camouflage = Control + C
Misdirection = Shift + M
Aspect of the fox = Shift + 3
Master’s Call = Shift + 4
Deterrence = Shift + G
Every Man For Himself = Shift + C
Murder of Crows = Shift + F
Feign Death = Control + F
Ice Trap = Shift + S
Snake Trap = Control + R
Scatter shot = Shift + T
Binding Shot = Shift + V
Tranquilizing Shot = Shift + Q
Flare = Shift + 1
Freezing Trap = Shift + R
And so on.

Professions
Leatherworking max
Inscription max
Cooking max

Current BM Talents BRF
Tier 15; Crouching tiger, hidden Chimera which give me the possibility to get Disengage and Deterrence off cooldown faster, which improves my survival chances and possibilities to take less damage or do more damage depending on the less travelling range of Disengage. Opportunity here to change it for Posthaste for increased speed after Disengage if the need of long distance movement are useful, which is an option at maidens if needed to move with rapids or such like.
Tier 30: Binding Shot – Useful sometimes for aoe stuns obviously.
Tier 45; Iron Hawk more or less a obvious one.
Tier 60; Dire Beast for the single target fights. However Steady focus viable on Beastlord Dramac and Kromog for cleaves.
Tier 75; Stampede.
Tier 90; Barrage.
Tier 100; Adaption

(OS) SV Talents BRF
Tier 15; Crouching tiger, hidden Chimera which give me the possibility to get Disengage and Deterrence off cooldown faster, which improves my survival chances and possibilities to take less damage or do more damage depending on the less travelling range of Disengage. Opportunity here to change it for Posthaste for increased speed after Disengage if the need of long distance movement are useful.
Tier 30: Binding Shot – Useful sometimes for aoe stuns obviously.
Tier 45; Iron Hawk more or less a obvious one.
Tier 60; Thrill of the Hunt for more Arcane shots and Multi shot procs.
Tier 75; A Murder of Crows (Bird is the word!)
Tier 90; This one is a bit tricky, since both Barrage and Glaive Toss are both good ones, but I do however keep myself to Barrage.
Tier 100; Focusing Shot because a lot of focus gained in a short time. Especially when playing with barrage for the high gain and cost of it, together with the flow of the remaining rotation where focus is needed to max dps. Cobra shot is viable on high movement fights.

Combat Information

(MS) Single Target – Boss fights BM
• Kill Command with chance of reset Bestial Wrath when used.
• Kill Shot
• Barrage
• Keep Steady Focus up every time when reach 5 stacks.
• Arcane Shot to dump my focus over 60 focus, so I still have enough for next KC.
• Cobra Shot whenever I dont have the above ready and to get more focus.

(MS) AOE rotation - BM
• Multi-Shot so I can get more beast cleaving
• Barrage
• Keep Steady Focus up as always with 5 stacks
• Explosive Trap when many adds to get the extra damage
• Kill Command to reset my BW
• Multi-Shot refreshing my beastial wrath and extra damage.
• Kill Shot
• Arcane Shot dumping my focus
• Cobra Shot getting my focus

(OS) Single Target - Boss fights Survival
Survival Hunters does have a priority system such as that you should use the ability that's highest on the list and off cooldown at any given time and I should never, no mather which spec, cap my focus, because that is a dps loss. This however includes mostly of the general preparations for encounters.

Lock and Load explanation: When LoL procs, I get 3 Explosive Shots in a row (2 to not cost any focus) after Black arrows. However I might be getting the LoL when I'm on quite high focus, which leads me to alternate using the Explosive Shot and another shot inbetween to not max focus.

Survival Hunter Priorities + Rotation: The ability which is the highest on the list and off cooldown should be used at any given time.

• Before fight; Make sure to not have Aspect of Daze on. Then check flask, food buff together with MD on tank and prepot on countdown as for BM too.
• Top Priority; Explosive shot and Apply my Serpent Sting with arcane shot/multi shot if its not already on.
• Second Priority; Have the Black Arrow up when it's off cooldown, Murder of Crows + barrage.
• Third Priority: Arcane shot if I have plenty of Focus available, and of course Focusing if I am low on focus, which means lower than 50 focus. To max this with the focus gain during cast time I always do it before going over 45 focus to not hit max.

Also take in consideration that the hunter tier 90 talents could be different during the different bosses to gain best effect, which also leads to a high priority of it, I would personally say depending on situation, otherwise between second and third priority. But I mostly prefer Barrage (also because of the machine gun feeling).

(OS) Survival Hunter AOE Rotation if worth to mention:
• Misdirect the Tank as always, else he will get sad and probably hate me.
• Multi-Shot until I run out of Focus, then Focusing shot and then Multi-shot again, once and repeat to get the serpent stings up fast as possible.
• Put an Explosive trap (thrown with Trap Launcher activated) at the adds/mobs.
• Barrage and watch the dps riot.
• Forasmuch as that I am a Survival Hunter, my Serpent Sting will be applied by Multi-shot.

Additional boss experiences and mechanics

Oregorger
”Current BM Talents BRF”. Good use of barrage due to the massive ammount of crates being able to get hit and serpent sting effects spread with arcane shots (for SV). Also knowledge of the movement patterns and safe spots. Aspect of the fox when rolling.

Hans'gar and Franzok
”Current BM Talents BRF”. Best to stay inbetween the tracks so its possible to stand still and dps and then later on move slightly to each edge of the middle part on the track to avoid damage taken. Since im BM I could might aswel just run on the track and keep my normal rotation. Being a bit spread for the jumps. Aspect of the fox when raid need to enter moving tracks to avoid damage taken.

Beastlord Darmac
”Current BM Talents BRF”. As always stay in healing effects a little bit spread until the spears, then dodge them. If someone gets caught instantly switch and nuke that spear down. Otherwise than that multidotting adds and spears are good (for SV) with barrage timed for best usage and hits together with facing the right angle for maximum hits. And also in knowledge to activate beast cleaving on the adds for extra damage.

Gruul
”Current BM Talents BRF”. Straight forward boss. Stack, avoid smashes and so on, not much to say else than Aspect of the fox are useful for the raid movement on the smashes.

Flamebender Ka'graz
”Current BM Talents BRF”. Stay spread, dps wolfs equally, slow on the fixated one and kited in the right way. When getting personal bomb deterrence and moving out from raid so I dont kill anyone is good.

Operator Thogar
”Current BM Talents BRF”. Stack with raid, in assigned tracks to avoid trains. Follow the pattern. Once door opens you should have moved instantly to next track. Avoid bombs on the ground. Once trains with cannons come, fixated people bring bombs away from raid to edges and drop them there, the others kill the cannons. Small adds come, just mass grip + aoe down fast with beastcleave and barrage ready. Big adds come, aoe and kill Man-at-Arms. Later on split up raid in two, clear each side and meet up in middle again. Aspect of the fox useful for movement on the split, or just a big move in any part of the fight.

The Blast Furnace
”Current BM Talents BRF”. Multidot each side. Focus Operators and cleave same time, interrupt repairs and bring bombs to each regulator. Hopefully the tank is nice enough to move adds out from shields too. Move out and spread with flame debuff. Then next phase bring every add down, nuke the Elementalist down after the explosion hit it before the time runs out. Then last phase with melt, move out with it, use aspect of the fox for raid movement.

Kromog
”Current BM Talents BRF”. Barrage very useful here. Stay spread, avoid damage of the hands on ground, dont stand in line of the smash by boss. Good to stay spread for the assignment of the yellow circles, only one player in each. Once in the hands use beast cleave and barrage and get the tanks hands down, then everyone elses before going on the boss.

The Iron Maidens
”Current BM Talents BRF”. Stack in group in range. Once Rapid fire goes to one player, that player should move to assigned spot to bring it away from raid. And raid should slightly move away from the Rapid fire effect before it hits to prevent damage. When blood ritual on player, that player move to assigned position instantly, useful with posthaste and Glyph of Disengage here to minimize the traveltime. Generally multidot with a multishot or specific arcane shots, however nuke one of them each time for the ship. Once bomb phase hits its just to avoid getting hit by bombs. In my opinion best to use assigned spots in a square containing of 4 marks. Where it always will be 1 safe spot to stand on, then just forward and back all the time.

In the end when one reach 20 % hp they go into last phase and make sure to havet hem all close to 20 % before entering the last phase. In last phase they get their super abilities and everyone switch to nuke the Launchers and avoid to be getting hit by fire missiles. Hunters, mages, priests for example should be able to soak/remove Penetrating shot, BOPs is also an option from paladins. Aspect of the Fox almost whenever the whole raid is needed to move, as on bomb phase or last phase. Due to only 3 min CD its used more than once obviously.

Blackhand
”Current BM Talents BRF”, unless assigned to always kite the Siege, then either MM or not using SV Focusing Shot is necessary. However just start of by stay a bit spread, waiting for Marked for Death and bring it behind the piles. If not targeted by it, then dont stay in the line of fire. Avoid circles on ground, move far away from Massive demolition, useful with Aspect of the fox in this part to start of with. Then phase two, dropping down, dodge mines, the fixated target of the Siege kite it over mines and Marked people stay behind it, while others go up to clear adds. The siege will spawn in the gate furthest away from the boss too. In last phase stay stacked, impaled ones to the right or the assigned location to not get shot off and the ones with mines to the left or the assigned location depending on movement.

Best regards

#2 2015-04-04 18:59:29

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: [X-Realm] Smacker - Best Mastery Hunter - accepted

Thanks you for the application, we will get back to you shortly.

#3 2015-04-06 00:34:38

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: [X-Realm] Smacker - Best Mastery Hunter - accepted

Accepted

• Index
  •  » Recruiting
  •  » [X-Realm] Smacker - Best Mastery Hunter - accepted

Board footer