Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2015-04-21 18:30:19

Norgaard
Uncertified member

Sub/Cmbt Rogue [X-realm] - declined

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Nationality: British
How good is your English: I'm a Brit..so not very good!
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in: Aside from playing WoW I mostly play Diablo seasonal and casual console stuff. Outside of gaming I watch Tennis and Football.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Norgaardd
BattleTag: Norgaard#2339
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t … d/advanced
Mainspec: Sub
Offspec: Combat
Professions: 700 enh / alchemy

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Yes. Fully gemmed and enchanted with the best enchants and correct priorities for both specs.

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:
Rogues right now are in a decent state, perhaps not the monolith of the melee classes we used to be in previous expansions due to our dps output being around the upper middle range (though perhaps distorted by the even bigger range influence this tier and expac). However the toolkit a rogue brings with the likes of Feint and CloS to soak damage, removing debuffs with CloS or using it to immune an ability alongside the use of Evasion to cheese certain abilities like the oregorger roll we are arguably the best class for survival whilst also being capable of doing 'bitch duty' on certain fights e.g. cleaning up bombs on BH M.

Cons (from a personal PoV) would be Blizzard's half-baked attempt in turning pure DPS classes into having certain niches. Pigeon-holing specifications into certain niches of dpsing in theory sounds like a sound idea however when compared to say hybrids who can switch out a talent or glyph to do on demand AoE with similar stat priorities and without the need to collect additional weapons it feels like rogues (and in the past before the rise of Demo/BM) are penalised a little in this regard. Especially before earlier buff hotfixes where one would have to be maintaining two distinct sub / combat specs for mediocre middle percentile within the sim craft ratings.

Are any of your alts suit for raiding? If so, tell us about them and link armory profile:
None of my alts are suitable for raiding. Unfortunately I am not really an alt player - Due to my studies and my personality I do not have enough time to dedicate enough to an alt to play it to a sufficient level I expect from myself. Perhaps over the summer this may change when I have significantly more free time.

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.
Without this, you will most likely be rejected.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 486/latest

I appreciate my Mythic parses as of right now are rather poor. These are the lowest levels they have been since I've been playing WoW and something that I have confidence I can improve. Without sounding like pointing the finger, most of the parses are from first progress kills or from sketchy fights where the raid team as a whole have died and the boss has died in a long kill time with barely 5-6 people up. I can explain in further detail on teamspeak if you prefer about these parses. Indeed there was a point where there had been no mythic raids scheduled for 1.5 - 2 full resets.

What's your best result in Prooving Grounds? This is especially valuable in case you cannot provide WoL log:
Silver - I have been to PG once only to get the silver rating at the start of WoD to do HC dungeons. If this is a problem I can go and do the higher ranks of PG.

Which pve addons do you use?
The core base of my pve addons are:
- ElvUI
- Weakauras
- DBM
- ExtraCD to track theoretical RPPM procs
- Skada (more than just a DPS meter)

Show us your UI.
http://i.imgur.com/D4rw6vk.jpg

Raiding Experience (we're mostly interested in your achievements in the current expansion, but do impress us with previous experience if you feel it helps):
- TBC: Only played casual so pretty much only cleared Karazhan
- WotLK: Full Naxx25, 13/14 (no Algalon) Ulduar 25, 5/5 ToTC 25, 3/5 ToTC HC 25. Took a break during ICC thus only managed 1/12 HC ICC25 and 12/12 ICC25.
- Cata: Quit
- MoP:
MSV,HoF,ToEs normal all cleared on 10man.

- MSV HC, HoF HC, ToES HC all cleared 10 man in early 5.3

- 12/12 ToT normal, 11/13 ToT HC. 10 man. 13/13hc early 5.4.

- 14/14 SoO normal, 11/14HC SoO HC. (14/14hc pre-expac patch)*
*During siege I had to quit due to breaking my hand and unable to play. I decided it wasn't worth coming back 'properly' into a 12 month tier. My 11/14hc game pretty early in the tier (from the top of my head around November time).

- 6/7M (pre BRF) / 5/10M BRF. However I have had pulls on Thogar and Kromog before the guild disbanded

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply.
I would be lying if I sat here and typed 100% - there will be times where I have r/l events which I will have to prioritise over raiding, however this relatively rare and would be communicated well in advance beforehand. If I were to put an arbitrary %, it would probably be around 90%.

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week):
No real external factors other than I do have exams upcoming - but I have no issue fitting in your raid hours into my schedule. It just means there may well be a possibility of missing one raid if the raid is the night before the day of  my exam.

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us:
I am applying to join your guild after noticing you on Wowprogress. One thing which attracted me to TEO is your age and level of stability - particularly considering WoD Mythic raiding has been very rough on newly created guilds formed. After my previous guild I want a guild which is stable and TEO has proven that with it continual years of raiding.

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):
I have.

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application?

HARDWARE

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/4306311193.png

Is your computer good enough to handle 25 man heroic raids? If you only did 10 man and lfr until now, say so please.
Yes

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers?
Yes

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok?
Yes

#2 2015-04-21 18:33:17

Norgaard
Uncertified member

Re: Sub/Cmbt Rogue [X-realm] - declined

#3 2015-04-21 21:05:15

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Sub/Cmbt Rogue [X-realm] - declined

Declined

Board footer