Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2015-08-24 23:34:33

Cóolbeanz
Uncertified member

Hunter application - declined

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Nationality: British
How good is your English: Good (some mistakes in spelling etc due to dyslexia)
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in:
Currently studying in a private college working on my diploma for Btec sport, hoping to become a personal trainer / any thing physical. I suffer from multiple forms of dyslexia so please accept my apology for any mistakes in spelling or what not.
CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Jamelio
BattleTag: GiddyT#1972
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … anz/simple
Mainspec: Marksman ship
Offspec: survival/beast mastery
Professions:
Alchemy and leather working
Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of?
I have every gem/ enchant which is the best stats for my class, but do not have any good trinkets nor 4 piece which affects my damage greatly.

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:
Pros: One of the best things about playing a hunter is being able to tackle certain mechanics with the use of my skills like deterrence, this is because I get to have a unique role in the raid group and i am not there "just to dps" I enjoy being able to help with certain boss mechanics because its more of a responsibility and I can feel useful. An example of a mechanic that I have had to deal with this current expansion which was fun was the Imperator boss where I would take the last numbered stack of branded and I would disengage away from the other players getting rid of the debuff (depending of the number of stacks also I would use deterrence so I do not take too much damage.

Another pro of my class is that it is very mobile with disengage, aspect of the cheetah, and being able to move whilst casting, this is all good to have because it allows me to sustain my damage in fights whilst following the mechanics so I do not come last on the dps meters.

Cons: some lose of dps whilst moving, this is because of sniper training being a very big impact on a marksman ship hunters dps with the extra mastery, critical strike and the shot range, this aspect of the hunters damage is decreased by around 10% if it is a heavy movement fight, but it is not very affected when the fight requires little movement. this could be helped by planning my movements in the fight so I placed where I will later on in the fight be needed to stand in a certain position, I could move there in advance to reduce the dps loss, also the tier 4 piece would help a lot but unfortunately RNG Jesus hates me.

Not really any defensive cool downs: The only major defensive cool down I have is 2 stacks of deterrence which has a 2 minute cool down each re stack, but this does not matter really as long as i am not taking unnecessary damage in a fight.

Not much damage on targets that are only alive for short amounts of time (eg Doomfire in archimonde fight) it could be alot better with 4 set but other than that it takes some time to cast aim shot on the target, (I still out dps alot of people on doomfires on the archimonde fight regardless as i make sure i have enough focus and can switch to the target straight away, in any fight with certain adds that need to die fast)

Are any of your alts suit for raiding? If so, tell us about them and link armory profile:
I currently just leveled a shadow priest and a mage which I am decent at but do not have the best gear for mythic raids, this will change in the next expansion as I am more prepared when it comes to alts.
Shadow priest http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … ios/simple
Mage http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … mad/simple

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.
Without this, you will most likely be rejected.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c … #boss=1787

This is the set of logs for the HFC fights. Please keep in mind that when these logs were recorded I had just came back into the game to start gearing up to join a guild and start hard core progression again, I came into this patch late because of the lack of gear, the lack of motivation to get into raiding again as the guild I joined at the start of the expansion disbanded leaving me to find another guild, and this was hard because guilds had stable rosters and hunters are very common and the slot for hunters gets taken very quickly. But I would like to show you my logs for the previous patches in Highmaul and BRF when I actually had decent gear for the fights. Also for the HFC logs, I did not know the tactics at all for the fights and just learnt as I was killing them. I have improved the DPS a sustainable amount and feel that I am at the best DPS in HFC I can currently get until I get the 4 piece and better trinkets.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c … #boss=1719 these are the set of logs for Highmaul when I was geared enough for the current content and was raiding with an actual guild and not a pug.

What's your best result in Prooving Grounds? This is especially valuable in case you cannot provide WoL log.
I have not tried proving grounds this expansion yet, but during MoP i had wave 28 I believe.

Which pve addons do you use?
I use Bigwigs
DBM
WeakAures
Skada

Show us your UI.
file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/World%20of%20Warcraft/Screenshots/WoWScrnShot_030115_215851.jpg

Raiding Experience (we're mostly interested in your achievements in the current expansion, but do impress us with previous experience if you feel it helps):
Here is a list of the experience that I have had through out my time playing this game whilst that current content was relavent to progression and which bosses I got up to in each expansion.
Vanilla
3/9 in AQ40
4/8 in Blackwing Lair
7/10 Molten core
6/7 in AQ20 (I did not kill any bosses in original naxxramas)
the burning crusade
1/1 magtheridon's lair
2/2 gruul's lair
11/11 karazhan
6/7 in SSC
2/6 sunwell
4/4 tempest keep
7/9 The black temple
Wrath of the lich king
12/12 in 10 man HC ICC, 11/12 ICC 25 HC
15/15 Naxxramas 25
1/1 eye of eternity
1/1 HM Obsidian sanctum
1/1 HM Ruby sanctum
5/5 Hardmode 25 Trial of the crusade
14/14 normal Ulduar, 12/14 HM ulduar 25
Cataclysm
6/6 HM 25 Blackwing lair
4/5 HM 25 bastion of twilight (Killed sinestra when dragon soul was out)
2/2 HM 25 throne of the four winds
8/8 HC 25 Dragon soul
7/7 HC 25 Firelands (killed HC 25 ragg before 2nd last nerf)
MoP
Didn't really raid in the start of mists, but when I came back I cleared all of Throne of thunder HC including Ra-den, and also Killed mythic garrosh when coming to that raid content a month late.

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply.
Every guild that I have been in the past, I have kept a strong 90%+ attedance, the only reason it is not 100% is because I have had some times when I had exams and needed to prepare for them, but now that I have no more exams I will likely keep a 100% attendance rate with of course letting a officer know if I have to miss a day for what ever reason.
A
ny external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week):
I will likely keep a 100% attendance with letting the officers/gm know if I can not make it to a raid in advance.

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us:
I chose this guild because there is not much room for hunters in many guilds currently, but also because I feel the progress the guild is at is suitable for me to come into and to prepare me for the even harder bosses.

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):
Yes
Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application?

I hope that you look over my application to the fullest and despite my bad logs from HFC, you can see from the past exeprience I have from different expansions can see my potential to help bring good dps and tactic knowledge to carry on progression in the raiding team. Also I'am not giving this as an excuse but I have multiple forms of dyslexia which kind of made me mess a few sentences or spelling/punctuation in this app, other then that I would like to say thank you for reading my app and hope to hear from you soon
HARDWARE

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany.
Ping 31 ms, download speed 6.80 mbps, upload speed 0.60 mbps (this test was done when two other people were on the internet, and had multiple tabs + WoW open)

Is your computer good enough to handle 25 man heroic raids? If you only did 10 man and lfr until now, say so please.
Yes it is
Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers?
I do not have a mic at the moment but I will within the next week or two.

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok?
This is fine yes.

#2 2015-08-25 00:11:54

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Hunter application - declined

Thank you for the application, we will most likely be able to have an answer for you tomorrow late evening.

#3 2015-08-25 23:04:07

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Hunter application - declined

The application looks ok, but at this time we are in a convenient position where we only fish for extraordinary additions to the team, which requires appropriate gear. Sadly yours is no even clos eto what we could accept as bare minimum. Good luck in your guild search -

Declined

Board footer