Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#76 2006-12-31 21:42:28

Amra
Guild Friend
Website

Re: Gear at lvl 70

sweter wrote:

Amra wrote:

Yes there is a build that kills mages and locks as a rogue, but it is 100% CD based.

Uhh... And You just *cant* understand that PoM Pyro Zomg 10k crit is NOT ONLY 100% CD based (every 3 minutes), but ALSO pure luck based?

sweter wrote:

xzar wrote:

Amra wrote:

Just take locks: they use about the same spells on me every time, and if i dont have a healer i die every time. They dont even need to critt. I do think it is more skill that mages, but not very much.

How else am I to understand this? The bit I wrote earlier was simply how I understood what you were writing

I think Amra just thinks that playing warriors is some kind of a mystical heroism that takes 10 times more skill that playing casters, because every time he fights, he needs to change stances and press 9 different buttons instead of... Or maybe he thinks that casters just use 2 buttons when they play PvP?

You guys really are stupid or just trying to piss me off.

Sweter and Xzar, i have thought of you as sensible people in the past and tbh that is the only thing that saves you now.
Nemus thinks that the possibillety to one-shot another player is wrong. I agree. You should to, no matter how rare it is.

I follow up by saying that sheep 1-2 or even 3 shot is also unfair, and NO it does not take skill, or atleast very little. If you want to show me some mage skill, go kill a shaman with cloth killer build. That i will respect. Same goes for other classes. I know that i rape priests as a DW war. 50sec imunety to fear is a beautifull thing against priests. As a MS war i slaughter all rogues. but never "mage style" They will always be able to fight back. And, God forbid, kill me if im totally outclassed. No matter of buid. On the other hand, if i kill a lock with MS im pretty happy about myself. Get it?

Warriors have the possibillety of good to imba burst after a buildup. We can break fear and intercept. Some specc's have a good debuff and bleeds. Others have more staedy dps that eats through shields and stuff like that. We also have the possibilley of high amount of HP, something i like. But it is also our only defence. If I get it the way i want, a charge, full HP, the irght amount of critts and so on, i can kill fairly eaisily. If not it gets harder. That is a fast way of looking at the warrior.

And there is CD and there is CD. 2-3 min is not much. Agree? Nor am i tallking about the most insane pyro critts. I will say again.. read what i fucking write. Dont just single out a sentence you think you can disagree with you "beeeeeep beeping beepers of a beeping beeeep"!!!
Sweter i have quoted what you say on this.. how can you dissagree?

The skill in playing some classes comes into play against other classes. Some are easy, some are hard, but common it should be a limit to how easy it is.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/joe_snerd/image1.gifhttp://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg28/Einherjar82/ew.gif

#77 2006-12-31 22:22:07

Beardstorm
Mahogany - Retired CL
Website

Hang on.

Amra: Is your beef with mages one/two shotting other classes with instant AP POM macros (which I agree with) or is it with warriors being vulnerable to snares in solo combat (which I don't agree with)?

Last edited by Beardstorm (2006-12-31 22:22:57)

Please donate to the "One shot Aya with a shield slam fund", all bits of metalz welcome.

#78 2006-12-31 22:40:23

Amra
Guild Friend
Website

It is one/two shotting as i have said all along. The snares and such i can deal with by speccing differently, if i dont already have that specc. General snares and slowing effects that is. Not all. i think frostnova is the worst.

And i dont have a fucking beef with mages as players, but the mage class do have it to easy with my class and i do get pissed by it from time to time. But i can still burst em down, and if a paladin gives me a BoF i giggle like a little girl as i walk over mage corpses.

Once uppon a time i also one shottet a mage with a 4hit sword proc where all critted. I had barborus blade and wyrmslayers and i thought "HAHAHA that was fun!!" But in retrospeckt i think it was totally useless because he had way better gear than me and should have killed me. Im glad its gone

Edit: the mage snares just makes them even harder to beat even if you survive the first blast. You will have so low HP that with the snare it wont matter if they 1 or 2 shot you. they will do it uninterupted in 3-4 if need be. If a warrior is going to kill a mage he has to get the upper hand fast.

Last edited by Amra (2006-12-31 23:27:56)

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/joe_snerd/image1.gifhttp://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg28/Einherjar82/ew.gif

#79 2006-12-31 23:35:48

Eerki
Uncertified member

well yes the warrior does have to get the uppper hand, and get the crits in fast and uninteruppted

Remember mages are glass cannons...and what are warriors now? some sort of mollusc with plate?

(go google mollusc if you dont know what it is)

Eerki - 60 Nelf Rogue
Xenonas - 60 Gnome Warlock
Peanutz - 60 Tauren Warrior
Permafrost - 70 Undead Mage

#80 2007-01-01 01:38:47

Regakek
Guild Member

Well, everyone seems to forget about ressistance here, i mean, casters only form for resistance against melees are armor, and since they only have cloth as their "ressistance" they wont have much dmg reduction! But we, as melees, have the opportunity to ressist the casters damage, i know this is all about the gear and such, but i guess that's why casters have so much damage, because we have the ability to ressist their spells on a higher level then they can ressist our melee attacks! Not deffending mages, since i hate batteling them, and i have the auras ( for what it's worth). And yes, 1-2 shoting is lame, but i dont see the reason to get angry, it just a game, after all, and you chose to be a warrior amra, as the others chose their classes! Im going back to my glass of vodka and sprit now, so cheers, happy little tree elfs!

Hearing nuns' confessions is like being stoned to death with popcorn.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/MSprauten/Sig.jpg

#81 2007-01-01 03:23:25

Golrock
Guild Member

i dont think amra had this in mind when he chose to be a warrior.

Weep in greater quantities, novice.

#82 2007-01-01 05:16:07

Obscure
Founding Member

i think someone need to play another class to increase his perspective.

happy new year guys and girls

#83 2007-01-01 14:12:13

xzar
Guild Friend

Amra wrote:

You guys really are stupid or just trying to piss me off.

Sweter and Xzar, i have thought of you as sensible people in the past and tbh that is the only thing that saves you now.

Amra...these comments end now or you will piss me off.

Profile: Semaphore (horde noob)

#84 2007-01-01 15:22:26

Obscure
Founding Member

yes im locking this thread. you are way too sensitive about your class, amra. no one is out to get you. do not act the way you did towards your guildmates.

Board footer