The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!
  • Index
  •  » Druid
  •  » tank gear/feral dps gear - how big diffrence in dps?

#1 2007-06-22 18:45:25

Lamme
Guildmaster

tank gear/feral dps gear - how big diffrence in dps?

How much of a diffrence in damage done does equiping tanking\dps items make?
Is going pew pew in tanking gear a loss of 5 or 50%?
Without going into details - general estimate pls.

#2 2007-06-22 22:54:32

Mojorising
Officer
Website

Re: tank gear/feral dps gear - how big diffrence in dps?

Tanking gear _primally_ consist of
Sta
defense
armor
hit

Dmg gear consist of
Str
Agi
crit
hit

why is this information important?
Most ferals however, have a thin line between the different sets (pieces with high sta, armor and strenght etc) and it all pretty much sums down to the fact that bearform gives you some bonuses and catform others. This meens that you can have a pretty nice hybrid tank/dps set, depending on what form you are in.

but to answer your question short.. it depends on gear...
malorne feral set is nice for both tanking and dps, if you get the right trinkets and rings + gems/enchants to back it up.

#3 2007-06-22 23:19:44

Vonhankkija
Officer

How about strength? Isn't it any valued by tanking druids?

"- Tuskin Mikankaan kohalla on väkisin työnnetty piikkiä perseeseen, Nykänen päätteli."

#4 2007-06-23 00:21:35

Alendir
Forum User

I've obviously not tanked a raid encounter yet, but from what I've read, and from what I know mechanics-wise, strength is valuable as it increases your threat generation with white attacks and mauls. In a raid situation though it's subordinate to the stats mojo listed though - agility is generally considered superior to strength since it increases your crit, dodge and armor, all more important stats all in all. For 5-mans though, strength is more important than in a raid scenario since feral tanks actually have the potential to bring a fair amount of damage to the table, and every point of strength contributes to that end.

#5 2007-06-23 02:50:25

Mojorising
Officer
Website

Alendir wrote:

I've obviously not tanked a raid encounter yet, but from what I've read, and from what I know mechanics-wise, strength is valuable as it increases your threat generation with white attacks and mauls. In a raid situation though it's subordinate to the stats mojo listed though - agility is generally considered superior to strength since it increases your crit, dodge and armor, all more important stats all in all. For 5-mans though, strength is more important than in a raid scenario since feral tanks actually have the potential to bring a fair amount of damage to the table, and every point of strength contributes to that end.

true, i was just talking out from my current tank gear, and what the main focus is.
-not to go down in detail about it, since i also have str and agi on my tankgear smile

but to answer this

How much of a diffrence in damage done does equiping tanking\dps items make?

i would say... tank gear in catform is probably 2200 + (depends on what buffs/pots you use) and 3200 + in dps gear.
but since you probably have alot of agi/hit in your tank gear too, your crit goes rather up when in tankgear smile I have some pretty decent crits in my tank gear. and the beauty about malorne is that it nice for both dps and tanking (\o/ feral hybrid set FTW)

• Index
  •  » Druid
  •  » tank gear/feral dps gear - how big diffrence in dps?

Board footer