The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2007-08-21 22:38:35

Baloth
Guild Friend

Staying away.

After 2 intensive years of WoW I'm getting signs that indicate my time has come to leave.
I'm not really happy about this because I made some great friends in this game and my social life allready is a mess, it's due to that single reason I haven't made the definite decision yet to stay away from WoW.
Never the less I'm sad to inform you that during the time I've made up my mind I'm staying away from the game, it's not as interesting and adventerous as it used to be.
I've learned a lot from other people, Enimusha and Sweter that tought me how to play my mage which I do regret having rerolled away from after months of consideration, it was a good class, supportive yet strong enough to hold on his own aswell, but of all classes I could have rerolled to, I'm glad it was a shaman, the diversity in strategic actions for PvP and PvE were really what I needed to get more "edge" out of this game.
I'm happy to have met some interesting people, Theredon, Boltan, Sweter, Webser and some others that you might have cought me ganging up with a couple of weeks ago.
I thank everyone that tought me something and that came forward when they had a problem with me and fixxed it in a mature way which people expect others to do, I'm still slyly saddened from a while ago when I heard someone made a complaint about me at the officers and still wonder why he/she didn't come forward to me in person.
I know I haven't been the best player around but I hope I did make sufficient "gamestyle" to make your carreer on this game more exciting and fun.
Also, I'm sad to have been part in the process of people leaving the game, friends over all.
When I first came into TEO I was just a level 60 mage trying to get his magister without a clue how to play it, not long after that I learned the difference between dps gear and stat gear, learned the difference of how your spec keeps you alive and I could say I've become a superior PvP player long after in my T2/PvP set. Now, I'm a shaman, I made my own guide, I've been in a guild, I've done the routine in raid instances and for some reason it just doesn't seem important anymore. My playstyle, often laughed at, often mocked at sometimes comes up in real life, just the cheerfull me making random comments and everytime then I think of you guys.

I've seen myself grow as a person, socially mostly. The great part in that is that that's the part in MMOs that encourage me to play it. But I've had my weak moments too, moments where I was happy when I was corrected when I relooked the whole situation afterwards and said, wait is that me? I'm happy that I got involved with a bugged raid boss encounter where the lootbox did not display loot. I'm happy about it because that experience changed me.
A lot of times I ponder if it would make a difference if I wasn't like some others among the guild members and more a background player, quiet and more drawn to my own group of friends.

Nevertheless, at this point knowing myself I know I need this break from WoW, it's not the first time I've said I'm bored with the game and I'm not gutsy enough to make the decision yet to say, I'm closing my account.
I will be here when RotLK hits the stores, I'd also like to witness an event that I'm sure blizzard will create when WoW hits the 5 years online age but most of all, I'd like to be involved in more conversations with the friends I made in this game, I never got to say goodbye yet, I never got to think of the words "this is my last conversation with you", knowing myself I can't maintain contact with the friends I made here, whether I'd like it or not, that's just not in the package Baloth hands out.

I hope to see you all soon someday for I will be online to present my final discussion, my final conversation and sadly, my closure of this chapter in my book or maybe it'll be a joyfull moment where I've decided to stay.
Untill that moment, untill that time appears my activity will stay unchanged.

PS: Don't cry, I have, it's not worth it.

Ballie

Last edited by Baloth (2007-08-21 22:54:47)

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8747/balothavatargm0.jpg

#2 2007-08-22 01:39:10

Chimp
Officer

Re: Staying away.

It's been an honor, may the force be with you.

http://home.wanadoo.nl/roospeter/signatures/chimp.jpg

#3 2007-08-22 01:45:37

Amra
Guild Friend
Website

Nice post. I'll support whatever you do. At the same time as this is just a web community it is still real ppl, and we have all enjoyed guildies company. I have been so fortunate to be able to combine my rl with geek life, but there is still a lot of non Norwegians that i have shared tonns of good times with.

Still, WoW is not start all/ end all, and a rl is needed. As long as we are not forgotten, its all good big_smile

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/joe_snerd/image1.gifhttp://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg28/Einherjar82/ew.gif

#4 2007-08-22 01:52:11

Boltan
Retired CL

pure speechless. Cya on XFire mate. Dont be a stranger!

People are like slinkies. Cheap and useless, but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
     - random lock on the EU forums

#5 2007-08-22 04:08:43

Theredon
Guild Member

I just can't find the words for this sad I'm speechless

#6 2007-08-22 10:04:29

arilia
Forum User

You are, as I hope you are aware of, one of my very favorite people in TEO and it seriously sucks to see you go. sad

You will be missed, and please re-roll lock in WotLK. smile

Good Night, and Good Luck.

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/3761/1180851127257zt1.gif

#7 2007-08-22 15:07:01

Lamme
Guildmaster

on one hand it wont be cool not to see you online, but looking from a wider perspective - the more joy there will be when we all meet in Northrend sooner or later. Which, I trust, we will.

sort what requires sorting in the meanwhile, as I use to say these days -
WoW ain't Scoefield, it wont run away.

#8 2007-08-22 15:21:20

Warsaw
Guild Member

Thx for everything. Godspeed smile

Dwight: Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face. Or in a Roman arena, taking his sword to other gladiators like him.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5697/shirtripkh5.gif

Board footer