The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2007-11-08 19:59:47

Kashtan
Guild Member

resto/hybrid pvp

Since id like to do some pvp in the close future and resto most likely will be my build ( raids ) Id like to know what are your thoughts.

1. Gear - I havnt done arenas yet ( not any serious amount) so i wonder what gear should I aim for? Pure +healing or healing /str/agi.
2. Build - again. Is strictly resto druid strong /durable enough to survive in the arena? Or should it be some resto/feral resto/balance combination

Im asking this because , while I have been pvping in my druid career, I have noticed that arenas are bit different and require slightly different aproach. And i dont have much experience on that ground.

So, any of you who tried that , been there or basicly knows anything. Feel free to contribute

Cheers,
The Tree-man

Last edited by Kashtan (2007-11-08 20:00:01)

#2 2007-11-08 20:09:26

Mojorising
Officer
Website

Re: resto/hybrid pvp

look at the druid links thread i've done (its a sticky on this forum.

Go take a look under movies > 70 movies and find the link i posted to Hafu.
Try and watch his aproach to resto Arena ^^

#3 2007-11-08 20:22:40

Kashtan
Guild Member

Heh, it was to obvious post to notice.  smile Anyway, comments are still welcome

#4 2007-11-08 20:32:07

Mojorising
Officer
Website

for arena = stamina gear. aim for as much stamina as possible. you need to survive (you are a master of this as resto tho ^^) and as your rating improves, your points will go up fastly every month, and you will gather some of the arena gear faster.

Im no expert on resto PvP, so i cant really give any good feedback

#5 2007-11-08 22:44:59

Tanduli
Druid CL / Forum Guru

in your build you should get control of nature, feral charge, and he rest of the points in restoration.

as for gear you should aim for stat in this order: resillience, stamina, +healing, int, mp5

if you want some more tips when it comes to talents, just ask

#6 2007-11-09 00:54:02

Iliodora
Guild Member

For a pure resto PvP talent build I'd suggest the following: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0pcZVMhoZVVcxcq0xst (with 4/5 Starlight Wrath for 2.3 for some nuking if needed - if you don't like it just put them in Natural Shapeshifter and OoC or so).

At the moment tho a build I like is http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0tMrzicsZZVVcLcq0Ls - hybrid balance-resto 27/34. This one is more healing-based, for a more nuke-based build change Moonglow for Celestial Focus. This set lets you heal almost as well as a pure resto build, with feral charge exchanged for nuking capabilities. With balance gear you can nuke almost as well as a moonkin, and with a mix you can both nuke and heal decently in the same fight. Pretty versatile build, give it a try! This build will be even hotter in 2.3 where your spell damage will be boosted by both Lunar Guidance and 33% from +healing. Basically you'll have almost as high spell damage in resto gear as in balance gear, and way higher healing besides.

- Alendir

-EDIT- Of course I meant to get Control of Nature in the first spec - was tired when I wrote this >_>. Edited now.

Last edited by Iliodora (2007-11-10 19:54:36)

#7 2007-11-10 17:26:40

Tanduli
Druid CL / Forum Guru

I would not recommend putting talents in starlight wrath, you never have time in arena to do damage as a healer. If you DO got extra time, you want to use it for cyclone and entangling. So where I would use my talents is in control of nature.

#8 2007-11-10 19:28:51

Tanduli
Druid CL / Forum Guru

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0zjZVMhoZVVIxcq0bst

this is a fairly good pvp healing build

#9 2007-11-10 19:52:03

Alendir
Forum User

Tanduli wrote:

I would not recommend putting talents in starlight wrath, you never have time in arena to do damage as a healer. If you DO got extra time, you want to use it for cyclone and entangling. So where I would use my talents is in control of nature.

In some matchups I've found it easier to go dual nuking than healer/nuker at some point to throw people off guard, but generally you should stick to healing, yeah. I just feel the healing=spell damage thing opens up for a new playstyle which I find interesting.

Board footer