• Index
  •  » Mage
  •  » Mana Shield issue and other general caster issues in PvP

#1 2008-03-06 14:00:59

Kelthalas
Dragonslayer
Website

Mana Shield issue and other general caster issues in PvP

I found this really nice thread about the current issues on Mana Shield and offensive casters in general. It's good reading for understanding the problems with casters in arenas.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa … p;pageNo=1

Well, i won't go deeper into this here, but I can recommend reading the thread. It deals with the problems with Mana shield, offensive casters, hp:mana ratio issues and more and there are some really good points made in it.
And no, it's not just a mage whine post regarding mana shield, it's about the issues in arena's that casters have to deal with in a pvp enviroment that gets more and more melee friendly.

Regarding mana shield:
To sum it up, in 2.4 mana shield will benefit from +spelldmg and with the current mana cost and absorption:mana ratio casting a mana shield will absorb just over 1k dmg but at the cost of ~2,6k mana (untalented), which is almost 30% of most mages not in full s3 or t6.
In pre-tbc the hp:mana ratio was close to 1:2 but nowadays it's close to 1:1. This coupled by the fact that dmg output compared to hp in pre-tbc was higher, mana shield have become a broken spell, even more than it was at lvl 60. Absorbing 1k dmg at the cost of 2,6k mana just isn't viable.

Kelthalas 85 / Smulder 85 / Mizna 85 / Sakurai 80

"And what's the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge." - Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)

Shashin.dk ~Cosplay photography~

• Index
  •  » Mage
  •  » Mana Shield issue and other general caster issues in PvP

Board footer