The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2008-04-07 16:01:53

Lamme
Guildmaster

Cheeky's spreadsheet

I guess we've all known that the 'ultimate hunter rocket science' spreadsheet existed. I finally pulled my act together and personalized it for myself (couldn't have downloaded gear from armory). It gave me a whole new perspective when looking at my gear, but also brought loads of questions on my mind.

So, for a starter, any of you guys bothered tp play with it a bit?

#2 2008-04-08 15:08:52

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Cheeky's spreadsheet

Sort of bump.

This spreadsheet seems to be a mine of information. Calculated loads of different details regarding my current gear, sort of made my wish list go up-side-down.

For instances, seems like with my current items the following equasion applies:

12agi = 27ap = 100pen = 12crit.

(when self buffed).

Now lets see, why is that strange?

a. 12agi = 27ap. since tbc 1agi = 1ap. count crits in and agi becomes more interesting. count mm +10%ap talent and I'd expect it to be qualizing.
where the hell do the above values come from?? Beats me (this is before BoK is applied).

b. 12agi = 12crit (pooints, not percents). We all know that 1crit =2agi in general. Again, no idea whatsoever what makes their actuall value equalize.

c. 12agi = 100pen. Made me laugh hard at myself, for those puny efforts of stacking as much armor penetratino as possible. Another broken stat it seems.

Last but not least (again - this goes for my current gear and build, those 2 affect the results a lot), it seems Black Bow of the Betrayer would increase my paperdoll dps by 5. Nice? Nice!
Oh wait, before I go cheering, lets see how good will the (way easier to get) new crossbow for badges (Crossbow of relentless striking) suit me (obviously, it's made for BMs). Well guess what? According to the spreadsheet it will decrease my dps my fucking 24,5!! This is madness.

I'm really hoping to get a serious discussion going on here. The spreadsheet was tested by players worldwide, so it's fair to say the results are accurate. I might ofc be making some major mistake while using it (it's complicated allright!), but unless I'm totally fucking up, it really changes a hunter perspective a lot.

And one last question - do you think capping hit chance against a lvl 73 mob (aka boss), downside being mainly decreased crit (due to yellow gem slot) is reasonable? The spreadsheet will tell you that it's priceless, but I'm thinking - it's not like we're shooting bosses the most. Was considering going for a cap against a level 71 mob orso.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Lamme (2008-04-08 15:10:13)

#3 2008-04-08 16:01:21

Enimusha
Officer

Dunno about the other stuff you're writing, but armor penetration value raises alot when you stack it up high numbers and count in sunders etc. That math looks abit weird tbh...

#4 2008-04-08 17:43:08

Lamme
Guildmaster

Sure does, that's what bugs me.

The armor penetration data I wrote assumes that a mob has 5xSA and FF (since my neck was only just implemented in game I had to add it under custom gear - gave it 3210 armor penetration too).

The values do change indeed, but they still do not look tempting.

I'm really into that spreadsheet now, seems like I worked out the details, still the nummbers surprise me A LOT.

#5 2008-04-08 17:50:04

Enimusha
Officer

Agility is the best stat for feral druids atleast and it beats all other stats in comparison 10-0. So the fact that agility is a strong stat for hunters didnt surprise me much (even though i know _nothing_ of hunter mechanics, just trolling your post). smile

#6 2008-04-08 18:01:29

Lamme
Guildmaster

Do so, do so, the more points makred here, the better.
Agility is great, that's for sure, known fact.
But how the hell do those maths work:

initilaly agility gives 2 times less crit chance than raw crit statistic (gross round up for sake of clarity - 20crit rating = 40 agility = 1% crit chance)

and than, after taking into account talents and all the meat (and there's loads of things affecting the result, for instance the talents increasing crits damage done) I end up with:

12 agility = 12 crit = 3,9 paperdoll dps?

That's just beyond my comprehension. Can't wait to do some testing.

And please, hunters, speak up, what's your opinion on all that? big_smile

Board footer