You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2008-05-03 02:49:28

Buzzy
Guild Member

Keeping your pc safe free programs

I know there's a similar post on the official forum but still smile

Okay we all know that it's important to keep our OS updated being windows, Linux or anything else.

What I would like to post if some alternatives to those anti virus programs, firewalls etc. currently on the market. These alternatives are free and works just as good (some even better) then those you pay for. Norton, McAfee etc. I'll try to keep the list to max 2-3 choices as it might get to much otherwise.

Firewalls:
Online Armor
Comodo Firewall Pro imo THE best firewall there is. It's free, it's easy to use. you can install "defense +" which is a  spyware/malware detector/blocker

Antivirus:
Avast Antivirus Is a free Anti virus program. Imo it works great.

Rootkit scanners (note be sure when using these programs not to remove something important tongue false positives might occur)
Rootkit buster Trend Micro RootkitBuster is a rootkit scanner that scans hidden files, registry entries, processes, drivers, and Master Boot Record (MBR) rootkits. In addition, RootkitBuster can also clean hidden files and registry entries.

Spyware/Malware
Super Anti Spyware
This free version wont give you real-time protection but it's imba at searching for and destroying spyware and malware already on your comp.

Random:
IE Privacy Keeper This fancy program clears recent browser history, cookies, recent documents - basicly everything you check in it's options.

StartupRun Nifty program that scans all the programs that start when windows start. It marks ugly programs with a pink colour and you can then disable those said programs. Extremely easy to use.

You can find some more programs here:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,13363 … ticle.html

If somebody knows other programs feel free to post them and i'll add them. They must however be free and not just trials

Last edited by Buzzy (2008-05-03 03:11:21)

http://armory.mmo-champion.com..nyud.net:8080/sig.php/1652201cbHYK.png

Board footer