You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2009-02-11 17:28:37

denatus
Retired Guildmaster
Website

Ouch ?

Hunger for Blood (Assassination): Now increases damage 5% per stack, (up from 3%.)
Mind Numbing Poison now reduces cast time by 30%, down from 60%.
Mutilate damage will now do 20% increased damage against poisoned targets, down from 50%.
Slice and Dice: This ability now increases melee attack speed by 40%, up from 30%.

Seems like a pve buff, while a pvp nerf ?

Anyone who thinks the sky is the limit ... has limited imagination !

#2 2009-02-11 17:31:53

Obscure
Founding Member

Re: Ouch ?

my most used pvp skill gets a buff? nice

#3 2009-02-11 18:14:39

Beardstorm
Mahogany - Retired CL
Website

Awesome patch. Arc mages got twatted too.

Please donate to the "One shot Aya with a shield slam fund", all bits of metalz welcome.

#4 2009-02-11 18:48:45

denatus
Retired Guildmaster
Website

haha, happystorm ;P

Anyone who thinks the sky is the limit ... has limited imagination !

#5 2009-02-12 00:15:27

eightball
Guild Friend

30% dmg nerf to a classes main ability is totally out of whack and makes no sense at all. Seeing as other burst type classes with better survivability than rogues didn't get touched (paladins/dk) . Atleast with mage you have another viable and arguably better spec in frost. Also when they nerfed BM a bit (just noticed that got a buff this patch as well) they gave hunters another viable spec. The only other viable spec for rogues in pvp is subt which with nerfs it received in tbc, makes it rather shit to tell the truth. So byebye rogue. This coupled with the fact paladins recieved no kind of nerf what so ever really shows blizzard has no clue when it comes to pvp. Out of the top 100 teams in arena almost 30% are paladins

Last edited by eightball (2009-02-12 00:19:27)

"If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by." - Sun Tsu (544 – 496 BC)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s … ium/simple

#6 2009-02-12 00:27:25

Apox
Founding Member
Website

It's not a 30% dmg nerf. And if you ask me, paladins and DK's don't have better survivability than rogues, since many fail to recognize the many stuns of a rogue as a mean of survivability. But trust me, both paladins and DK's will get nerfed sometime soon.

Oh, and talking about arena percentage, let's just say both rogues and druids were immensely popular in TBC, was that ok?

https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/q03263-2.png

#7 2009-02-12 00:47:30

Beardstorm
Mahogany - Retired CL
Website

Oh please 30% less mutilate won't make rogues disappear. It just means mage rogue teams might need to use more than kidneyshot / blind / CS silence, I'm pretty sure this was aimed specifically at that combo in 2s and 3s.

Last edited by Beardstorm (2009-02-12 00:51:35)

Please donate to the "One shot Aya with a shield slam fund", all bits of metalz welcome.

#8 2009-02-12 02:00:12

Vonhankkija
Officer

eightball wrote:

30% dmg nerf to a classes main ability is totally out of whack and makes no sense at all. Seeing as other burst type classes with better survivability than rogues didn't get touched (paladins/dk) . Atleast with mage you have another viable and arguably better spec in frost. Also when they nerfed BM a bit (just noticed that got a buff this patch as well) they gave hunters another viable spec. The only other viable spec for rogues in pvp is subt which with nerfs it received in tbc, makes it rather shit to tell the truth. So byebye rogue. This coupled with the fact paladins recieved no kind of nerf what so ever really shows blizzard has no clue when it comes to pvp. Out of the top 100 teams in arena almost 30% are paladins

I'm wondering, where does all this crap comes? Rogues were OP in arena's and you deserved every single bit of the nerf you got, same goes to arcane mages. Even though i play relatively low arena rating (goes between 1450-1580) with my moonkin friend, i have come to see how rogue could totally stunlock and take my friends oomkin down in pure seconds even though he got's over 600 resilience in arena gear. And i must say if you seriously say retribution paladins needs huge nerf, i think you don't know what you are talking. Paladin burst is way under rogue and our ability to stun and CC people is also way under. We got survivability, but clearly not enough when you start to go through for example 2v2 arena ladder. Not a single retadin in top 25. But guess how many rogues there were? Quite many actually. In other words, why would they nerf retadins while nerfing rogues? Then nothing would change and rogue could still be number one.

Also i would say that cry about holy paladins dire need for nerf in arena seems to be more or less pointless. After priest get's his resilience gear, he seems to go on bar or even over holy paladin as pvp healer. There's quite many priests in top end arena teams atm in every arena ladder. No no, holy paladins don't need nerf, but if something they should buff survivability of shaman and druid healers.

"- Tuskin Mikankaan kohalla on väkisin työnnetty piikkiä perseeseen, Nykänen päätteli."

#9 2009-02-12 02:08:31

Aya
Guild Friend

thats a load of crap tbh von

cuz rogues or arc mages can kill somebody with almost no resilience ( 600 ) they should get nerfs ?
but paladins who represent like 90% of top ranks in 2o2 etc  shouldn't ?
ofc they should , they are already there because they are too strong arena healers, now with dpsers nerfed they'll even be stronger.

#10 2009-02-12 02:30:22

Mojorising
Officer
Website

Welcome nerf, and well deserved.. to bad rogues and arcane mages need to actually know how to play now, to get rating, just like the rest of us.
Perhaps the many hours of gathering resilience gear for my priest, will be way more justified now that i know, that i will actually stand a chance vs some classes.

Now we just need feral druid burst to be lowered a tad, and we will be back to alittle more normalized, and overall fair pvp balance.

And i dont agree with von regard the holy pala situation. Those guys are still playing it ezmode compaired to alot of the other healers in arena. But perhaps with the nerf, they will be alittle more on pair with the rest of us.

And DKs and Ret palas do not do the burst that rogues arcane mages did by a long shot. As a priest, i actually had a good survival chance against those.
With the pala seals beeing undispellable, it will be a bit harder, but perhaps more balanced towards how easy they where before, compaired to rogues.

#11 2009-02-12 10:12:16

Vonhankkija
Officer

Mojorising wrote:

With the pala seals beeing undispellable, it will be a bit harder, but perhaps more balanced towards how easy they where before, compaired to rogues.

As you play paladin, i'm pretty sure you know that most of retadins already used talent that maked seals undispellable so it's only changing things for holy/prot paladins smile

"- Tuskin Mikankaan kohalla on väkisin työnnetty piikkiä perseeseen, Nykänen päätteli."

#12 2009-02-12 12:15:36

Tanduli
Druid CL / Forum Guru

Mojorising wrote:

Now we just need feral druid burst to be lowered a tad, and we will be back to alittle more normalized, and overall fair pvp balance.

why is that? feral druids are underrepresented in all brackets at higher ratings.

at a bit higher ratings its really hard to spike anyone down, I usually win by oom'ing my oponent with mana burn. and I dont have any kind of minus healing effect, so pushing healers is really hard.

Last edited by Tanduli (2009-02-12 13:40:39)

#13 2009-02-12 12:53:16

Appelsientje
Guild Member

I think its a nice try at least like this, little buff to PvE muti while PvP muti is a little worse, fine with me i don't like it either when i play on my (shitgeared)  moonkin every rogue who makes 100 mistakes will still pwn me, just no chance.

We got survivability, but clearly not enough when you start to go through for example 2v2 arena ladder. Not a single retadin in top 25. But guess how many rogues there were? Quite many actually.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/player/2/eu/all/all/all/

Actually i find more retribution specced paladins then there are rogues of any spec in 2vs2, but since comparing a single spec is weird if we look at class vs class there is about 5 paladins for every rogue. I have been rightclicked by retri's more then once and saw my whole HP bar drop in 2 sec's, not even rogues can do that :p

Someone posted retri and DK's don't have more survivabilty then rogues, do u actually play this game? :p  There is nothing easier to kill for me then another rogue, catch one in kidneyshot with trinket on CD and he is dead, simple gear don't matter, no other class is guaranteed 100 --> 0 by just a kidneyshot. Retri paladins after the bubble to some extent i could agree they are easy to kill, DK's... don't think there is any class harder to kill then a DK tbh. Yes rogues do have a lot of CD's to use and in current arena even if u spam them most matches won't last long enough for you to run out of CD's, one could argue that rogues have good survivabilty because of all those CD's but putting them on par with DK's or even above is a little bit to much imo. I play arena with 84 ressilence from PvP trinket, this is only posible cuz of the mentioned CD's that i spam, also it helps that i play with priest/warlock who have less then 300 resilence, every team that choose to go after me makes a big error.

Rogue/Mage synergy nerfed its a good thing imo, but there is more classes that should be brought down in pure dmg:

- Retri's
- Feral's
- Hunters (though this class always needs to be out of line to compensate for 95% of hunter players being terible :p)

Maybe fury warriors but dunno i haven't played all that much arena lately and don't meet em that much. In a way i can understand that for example retri or feral need to have some rediculous dmg at times to make em viable in a balanced setting, since there is no healing debuff once u can upheal dmg again they need more dmg then a rogue to be viable. Not that easy to balance them without making them useless again like it was most of the time in TBC.

And DKs and Ret palas do not do the burst that rogues arcane mages did by a long shot. As a priest, i actually had a good survival chance against those.

At least ret palas they actually do, you just heal for twice as much against them, while against a rogue u cannot even remove poison so if he do 75% dmg of the retri u will still die faster. DK's can sometimes do big dmg but it depends and i think most still play then unholy spec which isn't as much burst as some other classes.

why is that? feral druids are underrepresented in all brackets at higher ratings.

From what i can see in 2vs2 there are more feral's at high rating then there are rogues, so if feral is underrepresented then what are rogues :p

Last edited by Appelsientje (2009-02-12 12:59:21)

#14 2009-02-12 13:13:44

Tanduli
Druid CL / Forum Guru

Vonhankkija wrote:

There's quite many priests in top end arena teams atm in every arena ladder

rly?
http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/player/2/eu/all/3/all/

#15 2009-02-12 13:22:00

Appelsientje
Guild Member

Think a lot of people's opinions comes from playing 3vs3 where u meet rmp and get someone on ur team instagibbed, at least the stats on sk-100 make it look to me like this. Haven't looked at them myself for a while and i actually was surprised with some of it. rogue's mages and priests all much lower then i thought they would be, and for example shaman is much higher then i expected, thought they are total shit atm :p

#16 2009-02-12 13:46:21

Tanduli
Druid CL / Forum Guru

Appelsientje wrote:

From what i can see in 2vs2 there are more feral's at high rating then there are rogues, so if feral is underrepresented then what are rogues :p

hmm, what statictics are you looking at? we cant be looking at the same smile

(btw, its pretty hard to analyze the data, all tend to do misstakes all the time (me included))

#17 2009-02-12 14:03:55

Tanduli
Druid CL / Forum Guru

Beardstorm wrote:

Awesome patch. Arc mages got twatted too.

As I see it, arcane never was a lot better than frost, the only difference is that frost is hard to play, arcane was supereasy.

#18 2009-02-12 14:29:20

Beardstorm
Mahogany - Retired CL
Website

Hence it was awesome patch smile

#19 2009-02-12 14:33:19

Tanduli
Druid CL / Forum Guru

true smile

#20 2009-02-12 14:36:45

Appelsientje
Guild Member

Tanduli wrote:

Appelsientje wrote:

hmm, what statictics are you looking at? we cant be looking at the same smile

(btw, its pretty hard to analyze the data, all tend to do misstakes all the time (me included))

http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/player/2/eu/all/all/all/

though im wrong there are little more rogues then pure feral specced druids cuz i counted resto specced druids too first time i looked.

5% feral specced druid vs 6.8% total rogues.

Board footer