The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2005-07-31 20:15:54

Obscure
Founding Member

Priest thread!

Ok priests.. we may not have the longest swords, or the flashiest armors, but without us, the Enigma Order is without a chance in the Molten Core... And i have heard, from certain sources, that the MC bosses holds nice items for us priests as well big_smile. Even if we have still yet to see items in the mythical "Vestments of Prophecy". When this happens, and in case of other "pure priest items", we will distribute the loot following a list of our current priests. It is very hard to make everyone happy, but we will try..

Our current list is the following

- Tully
- Iddqd
- Obscure
- Laki
- Gyda
- Kohn
- Nripgodia

If any new priest joins us, he will of course end up last in the list. (here im not sure.. but i would like to do it this way.. even if he will end up recieving items pretty quick this way.. we could let it be attractive to be a healer in TEO... and at some point, soon, we will have enough priests)

Problems:
1 • Lets say you won an item that druids and mages also rolled on, for example the Choker of Enlightenment, and it's also your turn on the list, what happens?
---The won item will count as your turn. As it would be unfair to win 2 items the same run. (check the fifth problem)

2 • What happens if the next one on the list dont attend the run?
--- The item will go to the next one on the list, and the absent person will get item the next time he/she attends. I will monitor the list carefully.

3 • What happens if a priest dont do MC at all, but joins in just when it's his turn, and gets loot.
--- As I said.. I will watch these runs. Even if I'm not always in them. And a person that never attends, will ofc be reminded of his/her behaviour. We understand that someone sometimes may be unable to play when the rest of the guild is doing MC, but a person that never attends, only when its his/her turn to get loot, will recieve a warning.

4 • What about random priests that join our guildraids?
--- Yes... Tricky.. because we will probably need extra help in the future... I say we let the random player roll, together with the rest of us, and we dont let it count as anyones turn. I will look at this...

5 • Its my turn, but i dont want/need the item that dropped.
--- No worries, you can pass, and save your turn for the next drop. If every priest passes, we random it...

Last edited by Obscure (2005-07-31 22:32:36)

#2 2005-08-01 00:18:44

Obscure
Founding Member

Re: Priest thread!

Or should we go with the "Luck" system, with one item pr week/run, and random rolling?

I would really like to hear your opinion.

Last edited by Obscure (2005-08-01 00:45:02)

#3 2005-08-01 01:09:01

noirin
Forum User

As im about to hit lvl60 (50k as this i writen) I think the first idea is very good, in that way you will get an item at some point, and not if you unlucky all the time and doesn't get anything. (sry for my bad english)

/Noirin

Last edited by noirin (2005-08-01 01:09:47)

#4 2005-08-01 01:34:06

Obscure
Founding Member

yes.. I thikn we will try this one out.. and after all.. soon we will be able to do several bosses in one run, and maybe get more than one priest item each run big_smile

#5 2005-08-01 02:52:52

Apox
Founding Member
Website

IMO this is not needed for priests, any more than any other class. I would recommend you to roll freely in our runs. Why would Nripgodia for instance now want to come to MC for atleast the 6 next runs?

https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/q03263-2.png

#6 2005-08-01 03:04:03

Obscure
Founding Member

well. he has shown no interrest on our last three runs.. so neutral

And we kind of agreed that we all were sensible enough to do our part, even if it wasnt "our turn" to get loot... wich is what MC is all about..
Later on, we may very well see up to 6 priest drops in one run... we saw two warrior drops on three bosses today, so everything is possible...

Last edited by Obscure (2005-08-01 03:06:44)

#7 2005-08-01 05:23:08

kohn
Forum User

It sounded ok for me in the start we begin talkin' about this system u referring to Obscure. But i most say the Randon roll and one item per run like all "others" in guild use sounds easier and more fair.. This cycle thingie is really.. boring(i can't find a better word right now becuz i should be asleep)

I need to w8 for 5 priests to win a god damm roll. sorry for the language but then u can see how much i don't like it hmm

And. I could aswell just sit sight in GuildChat. w8 for all the other priests win they're rolls and then i join in for mine rolling instance.

Again i must say the DKP system is something i like. 1 item per run. bidding with ur DKP that u got while playing raids. It's fair for all classes. Those who play more then others, gets more. The major guilds on the server use it with succes. so why not?

Sorry for my spelling but as i said. 04:25 at night and i can't even look tru my eyes anymore.. need glasses!!!!

#8 2005-08-01 05:58:46

Obscure
Founding Member

Ok.. I agree that it may be just as good with random, but let me just look at your comment a bit...

kohn wrote:

It sounded ok for me in the start we begin talkin' about this system u referring to Obscure. But i most say the Randon roll and one item per run like all "others" in guild use sounds easier and more fair.. This cycle thingie is really.. boring(i can't find a better word right now becuz i should be asleep)

I need to w8 for 5 priests to win a god damm roll. sorry for the language but then u can see how much i don't like it hmm

With this system, there would be no rolling for you to wait for, and we aim to get more and more bosses done each run. So we're most likely to get 1-3 items usable by priests. And did you really expect to get an item, as the latest priest to join our guild, when we have priests who have been with us for months?

kohn wrote:

And. I could aswell just sit sight in GuildChat. w8 for all the other priests win they're rolls and then i join in for mine rolling instance.

This is reason to kick a person from the guild. This is also a problem we may face with any looting system. Read my "problem #3", my next comment, and denatus MC-loot rules.

kohn wrote:

Again i must say the DKP system is something i like. 1 item per run. bidding with ur DKP that u got while playing raids. It's fair for all classes. Those who play more then others, gets more. The major guilds on the server use it with succes. so why not?

Why not? Because we, in fact, are NOT a major guild. We have too many casual gamers with us. This will eventually end up in your previous theory, with ppl rather sitting in IF, looking at the guildchat, because they know they don't have enough DKPs to get any item at all.

But like I said, I wanted comments, and we may end up just using random rolling... specially since our "system" didnt get compromised by a priest drop today.

#9 2005-08-12 05:10:32

Muldvarpen
Uncertified member

DKP is the way to go i feel, giving people a reason to do more MC runs, to earn points.

Now that DKP has been enforced, i feel you should stop this priest thing. We had some rogues try it in Dark Ritual, they talked about what loot they would each like, and they would then not bid on "each others" items. This resulted in a lot of rogues getting stuff for very little points. The downside come when stuff like rings / necks drops, that warriors / pala / hunters would also like, then the rogues have much more points than these guys...

So, use DKP and bid openly on items wink just a friendly help

#10 2005-08-12 12:51:15

Obscure
Founding Member

When the DKP system starts, we will indeed "stop this priest thing". DKP have always been an option with the counsil, but we have been afraid that it will scare away gamers who dont play that often.

#11 2006-09-22 05:02:47

Obscure
Founding Member

lol

#12 2006-09-22 13:40:43

Paelen
Forum User
Website

Obscure wrote:

lol

big_smile Stop playing around with old posts, I get a headace big_smile

Winners never quit, quitters never win - But those who never win and never quit are idiots!
Chars:
Paelen - lvl 60 Human Warrior <Stormreaver>
Myten - lvl 52 Gnome Mage <Stormreaver>

#13 2006-09-22 13:48:49

Quip
Guild Member
Website

ROFL...

i want loot too..im not on that list sad

( i wasnt even in the guild when this post was made tongue )

#14 2006-09-22 13:55:33

Paelen
Forum User
Website

Quip wrote:

ROFL...

i want loot too..im not on that list sad

( i wasnt even in the guild when this post was made tongue )

YOU NO GET PROPHECY NO! big_smile

Winners never quit, quitters never win - But those who never win and never quit are idiots!
Chars:

#15 2006-09-22 14:08:59

Obscure
Founding Member

haha this was my effort to avoid the DKP system, wich in the end only did me good (as sahdowpriest).

#16 2006-09-22 14:15:33

Paelen
Forum User
Website

Shadowpriests are really imba, I don't understand why we don't have a couple just for fun and dps big_smile

Chars:

#17 2006-09-22 14:18:05

Obscure
Founding Member

we do have a shadowpriest: me.
and at one point or another, i think all our priests have been shadow. except mystic maybe? but she has a warlock.

#18 2006-09-22 14:19:59

Quip
Guild Member
Website

i was shadow..and i actually have imba shadow gear, but i thought i gimped myself to much as a healer in raids with the shadowbuild..because you almost never go dmg in raids as a priest..you are there to heal not dmg in most casses

#19 2006-09-22 14:25:23

Paelen
Forum User
Website

yeah I know, but nice to have at least one shadowpriest who is totally "shadow" talented. tongue Otherwise it's just a waste as you say Quip

Chars:

#20 2006-09-22 14:30:00

Obscure
Founding Member

we have one of those, paelen. i go full shadow if i can. and i go dmg out of shadowform if i fear i have to heal something.

#21 2006-09-22 14:48:29

Paelen
Forum User
Website

Obscure wrote:

we have one of those, paelen. i go full shadow if i can. and i go dmg out of shadowform if i fear i have to heal something.

As said, it's nice to have at least one tongue wink I think it could have been misunderstood hehe

Chars:

#22 2006-09-22 14:49:43

Mystic
Forum User
Website

Obscure wrote:

and at one point or another, i think all our priests have been shadow. except mystic maybe? but she has a warlock.

I went shadow in the summer for about a week.. i thought it was boring tongue

Mystic  - lvl 60 Night Elf Priest up to +1052 healing = +466 renew tick smile My Build 21/30/0
Lovebunny- lvl 60 Gnome Warlock
Nightkitten - lvl 41 Night Elf Hunter
Mystaya - lvl 24 Gnome mage

#23 2006-09-22 14:53:40

Paelen
Forum User
Website

Mystic wrote:

Obscure wrote:

I went shadow in the summer for about a week.. i thought it was boring tongue

Wasn't it pretty cool in pvp? tongue I could imagine it to be fun with mindblast all curse of pain or whatever you guys use big_smile

Chars:

#24 2006-09-22 14:58:50

Mystic
Forum User
Website

nah.. im a healer in heart and blood tongue (when i play my priest that is ofc ) hehe...

And i kinda hate PvP tongue

Mystic  - lvl 60 Night Elf Priest up to +1052 healing = +466 renew tick smile My Build 21/30/0
Lovebunny- lvl 60 Gnome Warlock
Nightkitten - lvl 41 Night Elf Hunter
Mystaya - lvl 24 Gnome mage

#25 2006-09-22 15:01:35

Paelen
Forum User
Website

hehe, if you love healing so much, then you can go and heal my mage while I'm grinding tomorrow big_smile

Chars:

Board footer