Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2008-05-18 17:17:04

Kaktus
Uncertified member

Kaktus, 70 Rogue

::about me::

Name: Martin
Activity: Most days 18:00-00:00, some weeks I work evenings.

::character::

Name: Kaktus
Race: Night Elf
Tradeskills: Herbalism 375 / Alchemy 375
Talents: Always 20/41/0 for raids, armory might show something else.
Gear: Well, I recently made this my PvE main, and have worked quite hard the last few weeks to improve it with badgeloot and such. Many horrible pugs later I have quite decent gear. I belive. Only thing I desperatly need is new shoulders.
Armorylink: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet … p;n=Kaktus

::other stuff::

Well, I'm 30 years old, I have girlfried and 3 kids, and lives in northern Sweden. I've played WoW since US beta, have a couple of lvl 70's, three of them on Stormreaver. I've tried to get into TEO three times, and never made it, because you have been full on Warrior (1st and 2nd time, and on Hunters the 3rd time). But I'm not the one who gives up in the first place :> So here I am again, with my rogue.

The reason I want to join mostly, is because you are a solid and stable guild, who's been around for a long time, and the members I've met and played with has always been nice, mature and friendly. I also wants to join because I know a few people in TEO I do 10-mans, arenas and such with, Mox and Thorak i.e, also my friend Licka who is applying again. I have been in a few guilds on SR, and there is drama, fighting over purple pixels, and what not, pretty much everywhere. I want to play with friendly, competetive and serious players who at the very least wipe their own arse.

I've played online for a long time, all the way back from -97. Started playing WoW in US beta, but after retail, personal issues forced me to take a couple of months break, but since then I've played non stop :> The reason I like WoW, or MMO's in general is the combination of the social part and the gaming part, and if you play with a bunch of people you like, its really an joy.

I've raided everything pre tbc, and up to 3/4 in TK and 5/6 in SSC. Or well, I've downed Vashj once, but cant remember it, because I got ninja invited coming back from a very wet pub evening once, and apparently I did good, only wiped them once tongue I got the most raiding experience with my warrior, but got really fed up staring into the groin of bosses and went PvP with him instead. After that I've had a hard time finding a guild I like, so lately I've mostly done PvP and puging Kara/ZA and such.

When raiding, I'm always focused, pots and flasks ready, both in game and IRL. I learn quick, and always read up on new tactics. I try to improve my character outsides raids too, with badges, crafted gear and so on. I gem and enchant all my gear. I like theorycraft and tend to experiment alot trying to gain that little edge. I got the addons needed to raid, and always keep them updated.

... and after all that self praising, some things from reality :> I have a full time job, and 3 kids. They need attention and time aswell, so there will be days I'm off, but then again, the next day I come rested, motivated and eager to kill stuff tongue

I know my gear isnt top notch, and I dont have a problem keeping the bench warm in progressing raids. The most important thing for me, is to have a guild and enviroment I enjoy, to play in.

Got an high end computer, and stable 24mbit line. Not often I have issues with them.

Oh well, that pretty much sum things up. Hope I make it this time tongue

Ave,
Martin

#2 2008-05-18 17:30:43

Tanduli
Druid CL / Forum Guru

Re: Kaktus, 70 Rogue

a nice, structured and well written application, gl smile

Last edited by Tanduli (2008-05-18 17:32:28)

#3 2008-05-18 17:34:18

Obscure
Founding Member

This is a good application, and I can see you have made an effort to gear up your rogue for pve.

#4 2008-05-18 17:36:40

Mox
Officer

I have been doing countless instance runs with Kaktus on all his characters during our search for epics smile

A very nice and good player. Warm recomendations from me.

Retired Priest master.

#5 2008-05-18 17:37:38

Silouette
Lord of Gnomes

Good application smile Good luck!
ps. Norrland ftw !

#6 2008-05-18 17:48:09

Abdulla
Uncertified member

Hey Kaktus.tongue

WTS Licka!!!. Disc/holy priest with imp spirit.

#7 2008-05-18 20:31:56

Lydo
Guild Member

Very good application, we come across ones like these very rarely. Many points in your app tells me that you didnt feel forced to write it and you really are interested to join our guild, not only for epics but for the community aswell. It looks like you are a good player aswell.

Good competitive players who are not only after epics or "progress" are the players we want the most, and it is one exception where the gear doesnt matter that much, when the players sounds like a guy who could be a member after a year aswell.

Anyways, by looking at your gear I have to say its not quite ready for succesfull MH/BT raiding. You need new weapons, new shoulders and a new cape the most. If you would have better weapons and around 300 hit rating, I think I would accept you to our guild right now.

You got a chanse with your well written application. I have to talk with other officers and give an answer soon.

Try to update your gear more with badge loot, and get the epic shoulders from (heroic?) MgT.

#8 2008-05-18 20:51:52

Apox
Founding Member
Website

What's the name of your other characters?
nvm, I found out; Jazko.

Last edited by Apox (2008-05-18 21:01:09)

https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/q03263-2.png

#9 2008-05-18 21:03:41

Kaktus
Uncertified member

Farming after the shoulders everyday, dropped once, lost roll to the feral druid tank sadly. Hit rating should be around 300 once I get shoulders, cloak (Drape of the Dark Reavers is what I aim at) and gloves with hit rating. Weapons is kinda hard to get atm, not doing anything but pugs. But as soon as S4 is released I will buy S2 weapons. Which should do the job in MH/BT.

I could of course go for the badge fist weapons, but I rather stick to swords for PvE, for obvious reasons. Next badge loot is the boots, which will raise my hit rating a bit, stacked with hit rating gems.

And as I stated earlier, I work just as hard outside raids to improve, so I'm not looking for a free ride to epics.

And I really hope I get the chance to join. But if I'm not, I understand your concerns regarding gear. All I can say is that I will work to improve it, and I know what I need, where and how to get it. Its just a question of time when they will drop.

#10 2008-05-18 21:16:09

Kaktus
Uncertified member

... just ask Mox how many times I've bugged him about HC MgT wink

And Jazko is my warrior, Kando my hunter.

#11 2008-05-18 21:37:10

Lurfendurf
Guild Member

Oh, I remember you from eurotrash, haven't seen you since then, almost thought you stopped playing smile
Really nice and good player smile

\)\)
(-.-)
()('')('')

#12 2008-05-19 20:00:46

Lydo
Guild Member

Hey Kaktus.

This decision was a very hard for me, but after all the thinking I have decided to not invite you for now. I feel we have enough melee dps at the moment and inviting one more rogue would only make it worse, since the two of us are very active at the moment as are the other melee dps aswell.

Your application was very well written though and all these nice comments from our members made me to think carefully. Thank you for your time you invested to your application.

Good Luck.

#13 2008-05-20 19:18:37

Kaktus
Uncertified member

sad

Ah well. Hope you keep this application in mind if any spot opens up for a melee DPS in the future.

#14 2008-05-21 00:29:30

Abdulla
Uncertified member

Just let me know when you need a helping hand in mgt or other places Kaktus.
And its sad to see you didnt got a spot, at least you should give this guy a social spot at start, to see his friendliness, his will to help out and so on.sad

WTS Licka!!!. Disc/holy priest with imp spirit.

#15 2008-05-21 20:42:47

OneTwoJango
Guild Friend

aww thats to bad ,you had a killer name also big_smile

only minus was that your NE tongue
everyone knows the cool rogues are Human big_smile

Today feels like yesterday when you are sad , but first day of the rest of your life when you are happy.

#16 2008-05-21 21:27:52

Solok
Guild Member

OneTwoJango wrote:

aww thats to bad ,you had a killer name also big_smile

only minus was that your NE tongue
everyone knows the cool rogues are Gnome big_smile

i fixed it for you

"Like a gnome at a urinal I had to keep on my toes"

Board footer