The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#26 2008-06-12 19:07:54

Joly
Dragonslayer

Re: Tier 6 Mortal Strike DPS warrior

i tested out slam on archimonde, and i must say its alot more fun than fury, imo. the reason for this is all the CD timing and autoattack timers, while fury is the biggest faceroll dps rotation ingame.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/4/4f/EBM_-_Mortal_Combat.gif

#27 2008-06-12 19:21:21

Enimusha
Officer

Baqa wrote:

either way you go imp slam with 2shanker, and yes, its probably harder to play than fury, and yes, it scales with gear, as I said.

But but...

Baqa wrote:

You also need pretty tweaked out gear to be able to do this, it scales like shit with gear.

?

#28 2008-06-12 19:40:51

Warsaw
Guild Member

Truth is that warrior prolly needs gear more than any other class.
Specially DPS - you can be imba player but wont do nothing with crap gear. Same with tanking.

I still thinks that 2h slam dps is all about raid utility, not being first on damage metter.
Mine dps nerfed even to 60% of present, but all tanks + ferals, retri, huntards, rogues, dps shammies raised by 4% = still much more than now.

Dwight: Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face. Or in a Roman arena, taking his sword to other gladiators like him.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5697/shirtripkh5.gif

#29 2008-06-12 19:47:20

Joly
Dragonslayer

ehm, what about warlocks or mages? shadowbolt shadowbolt shadowbolt, fireball fireball fireball.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/4/4f/EBM_-_Mortal_Combat.gif

#30 2008-06-12 21:47:25

Solok
Guild Member

warlock is liek teh hard SB SB SB SB LT SB SB LT SB SB LT SB SB LT omg omg omg and you have to make health stones, luckily you don't need the soulstones all the time anymore cause that was such a pain you actually had to pay attention!?!?

"Like a gnome at a urinal I had to keep on my toes"

#31 2008-06-13 11:40:49

Baqa
Guild Member

I think your right warsaw. the 4 % boost should be a boost, much defined on your own dps output ofc. I will need a certain numbre of physical dmg output per raid and same for that certain warrior as fury to able to calculate if its dps boosting overall. and what you say is true. Warriors are most certainly the most gear scaling class, very very closely followed by rogues. you can be pure pwnage as me and warsaw;):p, but you wont be able to coap(coup, dunno how its written persay) with the dmg meter toppers in full t4-5 when they wear half way bt gear. even with the same gear, aka like 1 t6 and some badge shite, etc you'll still be quite good, but not a topper. however in full t6 warriors have the potential to do so. ofc there are times a warrior can top without wearing full t6, but you catch my drift. If it wasnt for the shitty threat reduction we have we'll prolly be shuving the meters up in the rogues ass as well, but as appelsientje has told me quite some times now; everytime warriors tops the meters blizzard nerf them so that rogues wont QQ emo /wrist.

About 2shanker I dont really feel anything is left out, get crit, have the hitcap(as it is for most dps classes), and get shitloads of AI(cause it simply is teh sex). time shit with your attacktimer addon, and *smack*, there it is. it's not very reliable in mobile fights, but it can still be pretty smashing.
I'd still prefer the fury spec, as I love seeing all the numbres, I kinda get enough of "high" crits from PvP, otherwise I'd roll a PoM-pyro mage;)

Board footer