Kaini, Dwarf, Priest

Application for The Enigma DISorder

1: You
Name Kimmo
Age 25
Country Finland
Occupation/work Bartender
e-mail (optional)
Activitylevel - How many times do you play per week, and for how long?
Depends a lot on amount of work and the mental stage of my dear wife.. Sometimes a quick peek on AH, sometimes 18 hours straight three days on a row. Irregular, but that's and occupational choice.

2: Your character
Name, class, race, gender.
Kaini, Priest, Dwarf, Male, Bald as myself and drunk quite often...

HP, mana, manaregen, AP, all resists (unbuffed)
Not quite sure as I am writing this mail from India near the snowy peaks of Himalaya (reminds one of home, Ironforge...) but I'm not good geared nor too experienced in the Big Boy Bad Mother Fucker Instances. Thus saying I do find myself able to learn things and humble enough to listen to more wise and experienced players. ManaRegen was about 125 with spirit gear, now closer to 112 if I'm correct.

Talent http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basic … 0000000000
Will naturally be respecced on the arrival of TBC or on a direct order of a class leader.

Tradeskills Alchemy/Herbalism 300/300 Greater Fire Protection Potion might be the best item I'm able to create

Reputation with the most relevant factions and highest pvp rank
Barely noticed by all the factions, being quite small and quiet..

Notable alts on this and other servers, with the expected activity on these characters
None

3: Gear
Your current gear in a profile (allakhazam/ctprofile). Not able to access WoW and create a profile. Wearing crappy Devout Set except for the pants, robes and shoes. Weapons from ZG. Using a mace and an offhand

We want to see all apsects of your gear, so more than one profile is always helpful. Your resist profiles, tanking profiles, etc.
I got the feeling you really don't want to know. wink

Describe your gear. Reason for choosing this gear.
The only gear I have got my hands on... "It's not the size of the +heal bonus but the  person doing the healing..." wink

Describe your "desert island" gear. Items you desperately want. This can be imaginary items as well.
PVP Desert Island, PVP Epic Set (will get it eventually, now that it is just a matter of patience) PvE Desert Island, Tier 3 Set (will get it eventually if I end up divorced and unimployed...)

4: Guild
Previous guilds, and a short description of them Soap Salesmen, The Reclaimers, in both as a trial for short period.

Reason for leaving them
Travelling to India to spec in Holy IRL made me stop playing for a while.

Ambitions within a guild
Being the one who'll never leave a mate behind and spits on epixx0rs if choice will have to be made between a person and gear.

Reason for your TEO application
Applying for TED actually, I am looking for people to experience TBC with. Also not having fixed working hours and not being able to be in all raids, I can be the one who happily joins a raid when the primary exalted healers are busy somewhere else. My knowledge of Enigma Order is based on it's early days when it was openly recruiting people. The word "mature people" sticked in my mind; I enjoy playing with people able to discuss seriously as well as have  good laugh on pointless things  every once in a while. Ever wondered why it's called 'playing' in the first place..? wink

Do you know anyone in TEO?
A certain Hunter from Finland I got to know in Soaps, an intelligent young man and a trusted ally. Let him speak out his name himself if he wishes.

What can you bring to TEO, why should we invite you?
I can bring you nothing but my sense of humor and patience, and a couple of crazy stories from the REAL WORLD to tell in TS while not in combat. smile I'm able to listen and follow out clear orders and give them if needed

5: Game
What is you characters "/played"?
No recollection now, will put it here when returning to Finland.

What is your raiding experience?
Little. This is something that will be remedied soon enough if the possibilities arise.

What is your ambition with playing this game?
Have a good time and enjoy adventures not possible IRL. Hook up with people sharing my ideas and not taking WoW nor RL nor oneself too seriously. WoW is just a game and one must build one's own skills and talents IRL to be able to master the ones ingame. Meditation is more than a highly useful priest talent..

What do you think of World of Warcraft, and will you buy the expansion?
Pre-Ordered already. WoW is a dangerous drug if used improperly and a good medication for mind if used wisely.

Do you have any other significant gaming experience?
Like to play Enemy Territory and Operation: Flashpoint, but having a laptop for now keeps me of them as it is somewhat impossible to really excel with the limitations it brings. Saying so, I still get my Headshots (BOOM) and bright moments; it's not all about lightning reflexes and fast puters, it's about cunning and tactics aswell. Coming to that, a years experience of Big Boys Massive Live Roleplaying War Game  called the Finnish Defence Forces... wink Comes handy from time to time

Tell us about your computer
Fujitsu Siemens Laptop, 1G ram, ATI Mobility Radeon Xpress200 128MB RAM shared memory (which creates the problem), AMD athlon and so on, you get the picture. Works Ok but limits one's actions sometimes. Will be replaced by something much more powerful when my budget so allows...

So, there you go. I'm quite sure I dont qualify for TEO, at least yet. But I'm even more sure that I can bring some benefit to TED. I will probably be doing a lot of PvP as it is easier for me to quickly access and withdraw from the game without ruining the fun of others. And there will be times when my better half decides to go party with her girlfriends and I'm left home, all alone with WoW and a few good bottles of decent New Castle Brown Ale to make me fel like a REAL dwarf.  wink

And eventually, Light blessing, I might qualify to join your respected ranks and battle against the demons of the Burning Legion as well as the demons of Blizzard Entertainment, cursing us with bugs and so called features.

Yours Truly,

Kimmo
McLeodgang, Dharamsala
India

Sometimes you have to travel far to see what's near.

The cliques of artists and writers consist for the most part of a racket selling amusement to people who at all costs must be prevented from thinking themselves vulgar, and a conspiracy to call it not amusement but art. (Collingwood 1938: 90)

#2 2006-12-16 11:23:48

Obscure
Founding Member

Re: Kaini, Dwarf, Priest

Hello there Kimmo. It's obviously not far to travel from India to The Enigma Order's forums smile

Needless to say, your application is among the best we have inside our recruitment forum, as it tells us much more about you than your character and what epics it has, and with your permission, I would like to use this application as an example to the countless of hopefull who feel it's sufficient to simply write down their name accompanied with a link to their character profile.

The situation is that at this point of the game, we are not really interrested in persons who play for cosmetic and "prestigious" reasons, and over the last few months, we have naturally (and thankfully, many would say) lost players who saw just this understanding of the game as the only goal.
The Burning Crusade will most likely break many people's illusion of this game, as we will have estimated two months of non-raiding-gameplay. We will never see the organisational nightmares that were 40man raids. This makes good buisness for the guilds that have a member base that has something in common, besides having lots of free time to raid.

In The Enigma Order, we aim to maintain the good feeling generated by the community wich we have come to be.
As a result of this, we have stopped inviting any new player as we aim to be left with the correct mixture of irl and in-game friends, and not a menagerie of mercenaries.

This is where our altguild comes into the picture, as it from the start have been something more than just a place for our alts. While TEO was our "raiding roster", TED was where family, girlfriends and close friends could keep their characters, regardless of gear or raiding experience.
We do not have any finnish hunters in TEO atm (?), but you should never the less give me a whisper in-game for a chat, as your application gives the impression of a good person.

Obscure - "Have not slept tonight either"

#3 2006-12-16 12:22:11

Kaini
Guild Member

Thank You for a quick and thorough reply.

Feel free to use my posts in the matter suiting you: it is, after all, your forum.

I'll be entering the game sometime after xmas, I'll be in touch with you considering our possible co-operation in the close future. As I stated before, it's not what your guild can do for you, but what you can do for your guild. This being the case especially because of my irregular working hours and sometimes rapidly changing life. And even if you decide not to use my services as a guild member, you may always /w me for anything.

About that hunter I mentioned: when leaving Finland in early November, he was in TEO. It might be the case he is no longer a part of your society. But I do see a lot of posts on your forums by this nice fellow. We will find out... wink I feel it is not my privilege to associate my person with names of people more dedicated and experienced than myself.

I believe that whatever your decision is, it will be the best for all of us.

With Respect,

Kimmo

Remember the Time Zones, Afternoon is nice and chilly on the Foot of Himalaya... wink

The cliques of artists and writers consist for the most part of a racket selling amusement to people who at all costs must be prevented from thinking themselves vulgar, and a conspiracy to call it not amusement but art. (Collingwood 1938: 90)

#4 2006-12-16 12:48:39

Kaini
Guild Member

Oh, one more thing: seems that we have something in common with Enimusha. Even thou I'm not a big hockey fan, I have to work my ass off when Karpat wins again.

Sentenced has a few good songs to lift the raiding spirit...

smile

#5 2006-12-16 16:02:12

Vonhankkija
Officer

Kaini wrote:

Oh, one more thing: seems that we have something in common with Enimusha. Even thou I'm not a big hockey fan, I have to work my ass off when Karpat wins again.

It seems clear for me that you and Enimusha share same illusion where Karpat could win something.. Sorry to say for both of you but only thing Karpat can win at the moment is spot in Mestis..

I agree with Sentenced though smile Much better raiding music than constant Bass Hunters - Boten Anna which can be heard from every swedish/norway players microphone through TS.. I think they listen it with constant repeat..

Last edited by Vonhankkija (2006-12-16 16:04:28)

"- Tuskin Mikankaan kohalla on väkisin työnnetty piikkiä perseeseen, Nykänen päätteli."

#6 2006-12-16 16:46:16

Baloth
Guild Friend

would this

mean mages don't have to conjure anymore when he's in the raid? imo I'd take a cocktail over some water

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8747/balothavatargm0.jpg

#7 2006-12-16 18:16:21

Kaini
Guild Member

Baloth wrote:

would this

mean mages don't have to conjure anymore when he's in the raid? imo I'd take a cocktail over some water

Aye. What's your poison? A double it will be... Free Margaritas for everybody!

No, seriously, consuming alcohol is hazardous for your health, leave it for professionals. wink

#8 2006-12-16 19:18:11

Pustbunker
Guild Member

Hehe, Baloths other talent is probably Conjure: puke

http://www.zetbit.com/ssig-1454729.jpg
http://excoboard.com/forums/29208/user/252954/316335.jpg

#9 2006-12-16 19:33:54

Apox
Founding Member
Website

I must say this is an impressive application, especially now that gear doesn't matter anylonger, so we don't have to take that factor into count, since BC is right around the corner.

Sadly, earlier we'd have to look at gear just as much as the player, just due to the fact that we didn't want to take a step back in our progress, which honestly is a sucky way to recruit. But now before BC we can invite good and friendly players instead, without even thinking of what +healing they have, or if their tankgear is good enough for Naxx etc, which is much more tempting for us responsible for reqruitments and for the guildcommunity as a whole.

Safe to say, you got my vote atleast.

https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/q03263-2.png

#10 2006-12-16 20:33:01

Fnatten
Forum User

Agree with Apox here... The gear doesnt matter anymore and you wont have any problem getting to "our level" of gear when TBC releases smile
And can we get enough Dwoorf Priestst? tongue

#11 2006-12-16 20:40:27

Lithien
Forum User

Invite.

#12 2006-12-16 22:51:32

Bankropt
Guild Member
Website

I am also strongly in favour of this application. It is the single best application out there and I very much like the image of the person this application conveys. Seeing how gear is no longer a real factor, I vote for taking this dworf in even TEO. You can never have too many healers backing you up, eh?

(Besides with the priest situation we do have, I think we could use one nice guy more. Even more so when Bankropt wont be there to heal, come TBC. Maybe I'll have to do some shamanistic healing when the time comes but that still remains to be seen. wink

Also: Hyv

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/os/type/2/maflamles.png

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8903/alivebannergx8.jpg

#13 2008-06-14 02:22:38

Kaini
Guild Member

Still in need of healers?

I'm back from my tour and starting to learn WoW again. Can't promise uber online time and my gear and skills are quite rusty, but I'm still here if needed.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet … mp;n=Kaini

Computer problems should be history aswell as I upgraded my old box this spring.

Don't mind being a backup either, so no hard feelings if you are not in need of a crappy old dwarf. smile

Yours truly,

Kaini

#14 2008-06-14 03:13:30

Boltan
Retired CL

so.. back from keeping the peace? wb to reality mate! :F

Last edited by Boltan (2008-06-14 03:14:04)

People are like slinkies. Cheap and useless, but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
     - random lock on the EU forums

#15 2008-06-14 03:37:07

Lamme
Guildmaster

my opinion on this one is clear. if not with an agent (member) status, invite as guild friend for a starter.

#16 2008-06-14 06:13:43

Theredon
Guild Member

Gieb Kaini!

#17 2008-06-14 13:31:06

Enimusha
Officer

Hey Kaini, welcome back. Whisper officers or class leaders for invite. You'll start as guild friend status, but if you plan to raid alot, this can be changed. smile

Board footer