You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2009-01-11 02:04:43

Mojorising
Officer
Website

need help with macro

I want to do a macro that dispels myself without deselecting anyone or target my self, and i got that worked out pretty well:

/cast [target=player] Dispel Magic

But then my question is.. Can i, by using modifiers make it dispel my target if i hold down shift, and cast mass dispel if i hold down ctrl?

here was the idea i had in mind:

/Cast [target=player] Dispel Magic (normal press)
/Cast [shift] Dispel Magic (shift+press)
/Cast [ctrl] Mass Dispel (crtl + press)

#2 2009-01-11 02:37:03

Mojorising
Officer
Website

Re: need help with macro

hmm, i might have found the answer:

#showtooltip
/cast  [mod:shift,target=player] Dispel Magic; [mod:ctrl] Mass Dispel; Dispel Magic

this one will dispel myself if i hold down shift

#3 2009-01-11 12:45:37

Kaini
Guild Member

You can cast every spell on yourself using alt (with default settings). This keeps your current target. Highly usable in healing duties. Then I would just bind the different dispels to available mousebuttons.

Last edited by Kaini (2009-01-11 12:47:43)

The cliques of artists and writers consist for the most part of a racket selling amusement to people who at all costs must be prevented from thinking themselves vulgar, and a conspiracy to call it not amusement but art. (Collingwood 1938: 90)

#4 2009-01-11 13:21:28

Mojorising
Officer
Website

my problem is, that the alt key is very akward placed for me, and i usually end up hitting the windblows key.
first off, i wanted it to selfcast when i just press it, instread of my target as it would normally do. But for some reason i couldnt get that to work

#5 2009-01-11 13:59:58

Boltan
Retired CL

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:shift]Dispel Magic
/cast [mod:ctrl]Mass Dispel
/cast [target=player]Dispel Magic

First priority is to dispel current target is shift is held, second prio is to cast mass dispel if control is held and tertiary prio is dispel self when no modifiers are held. So if no modifiers held, it just skips the other steps, right?

Thats how my logic would make it out.. dunno if it works though.. hmm.. I'll check it on my priest right away smile

edit: tried it and the first step with dispelling target when shifting and self when nothing else is pressed worked just fine.. just couldnt get control and mass dispel to work.

Last edited by Boltan (2009-01-11 14:10:46)

People are like slinkies. Cheap and useless, but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
     - random lock on the EU forums

#6 2009-01-11 14:02:47

Mox
Officer

#showtooltip
/cast  [nomod,target=player] Dispel Magic; [mod:ctrl] Mass Dispel; Dispel Magic

I haven't tested it, but it might work. Will cast on you if no modifier is used. Casts Mass Dispel if Ctrl is used. Cast Dispel on target if any other modifier is pressed.

Retired Priest master.

#7 2009-01-11 14:15:42

Boltan
Retired CL

Well I just turned the logic around smile

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Dispel Magic
/cast [mod:ctrl, target=player] Dispel Magic
/cast Mass Dispel

I dont know if its my control thats being taken over by a mod or what. but Its hard to make macros for it, especially for a after-targetted effect.. so.. this time it just shitdispels your target, controldispels you and when only the macro is pressed, mass dispels.. clean and works smile

People are like slinkies. Cheap and useless, but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

#8 2009-01-11 21:14:36

Mojorising
Officer
Website

Thanks mox, that helped alot.. here is it, as it should be written to work like intended:

#showtooltip
/cast  [nomod,target=player] Dispel Magic; [mod:ctrl] Mass Dispel; [mod:shift] Dispel Magic

#9 2009-01-12 10:16:20

Lamme
Guildmaster

Boltan wrote:

this time it just shitdispels your target

comes in handy

Last edited by Lamme (2009-01-12 10:16:58)

#10 2009-01-13 14:52:26

Boltan
Retired CL

aye ^^ why cant macros have some other utility in them past skills? HUH?

#11 2009-01-13 18:10:07

Mox
Officer

uhm, What would you like macros to do Boltan?

Retired Priest master.

#12 2009-01-13 18:30:50

Mox
Officer

Mojorising wrote:

Thanks mox, that helped alot.. here is it, as it should be written to work like intended:

#showtooltip
/cast  [nomod,target=player] Dispel Magic; [mod:ctrl] Mass Dispel; [mod:shift] Dispel Magic

Our macros are identical if we look strictly at what you requested. The difference is that with my macro it dosen't matter if you hold Shift or Alt while with yours it will do nothing when holding Alt. If you have "?" as the macro icon you will see that, with your macro the tooltip changes to the macro name and the button displays a "?" instead of a dispell icon.

Not that it matters for your use, but I wanted to point out the difference. Using #showtooltip without a spell name and the "?" icon is a nice feature. You get to see, on the action button, which spell that is going to be cast based on which modifier you hold down. It changes dynamically when you press Ctrl, Shift or Alt. It makes it very easy to see what the macro does for the different modifiers (if you for some reason have forgotten).

Retired Priest master.

#13 2009-01-13 19:35:04

Boltan
Retired CL

Mox wrote:

uhm, What would you like macros to do Boltan?

I meant some utility past the blizzmade ingame skills... referring to the shitcleanse earlier ;D

#14 2009-01-13 19:42:09

Curugul
Guild Member

Mojorising wrote:

my problem is, that the alt key is very akward placed for me, and i usually end up hitting the windblows key.
first off, i wanted it to selfcast when i just press it, instread of my target as it would normally do. But for some reason i couldnt get that to work

Do like i used to..remove the left windows button by brute force..u only need one.. wink
Then again, who ever uses the right one? Those with the left arm missing would be my best guess

You must show no mercy,nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you, for your greatness will silence them all !!

Board footer