Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2009-01-27 06:07:13

denatus
Retired Guildmaster
Website

Builds - post 3.0.8 - Analysis

The build
3.0.8 came with a lot of different changes to us Death Knights. I've been testing out different builds this mainly on
dummies and heroic 5 man content. Some has also been tested in raids. I'm not going through all the builds here. But I did some
extensive testing using 51/0/20 and the more interesting 0/44/27 build. KM(Killing Machine) got changed alot this patch, it is now very viable for 2hander builds aswell(PPM base) These builds are built for a 2hander, mainly cause I just love 2 handers. It just doesnt feel right with dual-wield as a Death Knight for me ;P

The build - 0/44/27

Rotation:
IT,PS,OB,BS,BS,FS*
IT,PS,OB,OB,FS*

FS* = Frost Strike dump and Howling Blast if Rime procced.

It should also be noted that its nice to weave in Frost strike or Howling blast whenever KM or Rime procs. And more interestingly, this build works just as well in Unholy Precesence as it does in blood!

Detailed stats:
http://denatus.org/images/wow/frost_ob_dps_graph.png

Notes worth mentioning:
This was done over a 13 minute period and the DPS ended up at 2688.3. Its also worth mentioning that both Obliterate and Frost Strike did more damage than the melee swings. Having two skills that does higher damage than your melee swing is rare afaik. If we analyze the graph(the red line above) the dps is very sustained with very few peaks. I also added a rather nifty addon called Procodile, this can be seen on the right side. This tells me that Killing Machine procced 67 times, giving it a PPM on 5.37. If this is because of the added haste or not I cannot say with 100% certainty.

Conclusion
So, the next question is, how will it perform in raids ? Doing tests on dummies only goes so far. The main questions I need answered in order to classify this build as a top-notch raiding dps build is:

1) Is the AOE good ?
2) Is the rotation robust ?
3) And most importantly, does the build scale well with raid buffs ?

To quickly answer the first question. Yes, I think the aoe is good enough, HB is awesome. The second question is yet to be answered. As for the third question. The build has to be able to push out 1300 more dps(overall) in a raid environment. Peaking DPS at 5k+.

I would love input from you guys. AND similar tests and analysis done by you guys aswell on your builds. This way we can share information about different builds quickly and neatly. smile

Anyone who thinks the sky is the limit ... has limited imagination !

Board footer