Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2008-11-20 05:12:59

Bols
Guild Friend

Lvl 80 Raidspec

This is what im thinking about for lvl 80 raiding:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZcLc0cZVcGqr0uVsAfct

Basically the same spec as I used after 3.0, with the extra points now spent in Fel Vitality and Demonic Aegis.
Also removed Improved Shadow Bolt, since I only use 2 of these in a row, and these points are better spent in Destructive Reach (Also gives hit now) and Intensity.

"OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors

#2 2008-11-20 12:36:06

Warsaw
Guild Member

Re: Lvl 80 Raidspec

What will be your rotation?

Personally i havent speced full destro yet, but im gonna try it at 80 for raid dps.

Dwight: Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face. Or in a Roman arena, taking his sword to other gladiators like him.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5697/shirtripkh5.gif

#3 2008-11-20 19:34:51

Bols
Guild Friend

The rotation I'm using is Immolate, 2x Shadowbolt, Chaos Bolt, Incinerate spam, and a Conflag just before immolate runs out, and then start over.

For solo leveling/grinding I have been using Shadowbolt, Immolate, Incinerate, Conglag, and if that somehow doesnt kill them I have a Shadowburn ready:P

#4 2008-11-20 23:01:48

Beardstorm
Mahogany - Retired CL
Website

Pretty much use the same build as bols, except with one point from cataclysm into shadowfury.

I use a rotation of CoA on whatever target will live longest -> CB -> immo -> incinerate -> conflag

Please donate to the "One shot Aya with a shield slam fund", all bits of metalz welcome.

#5 2008-11-21 11:15:56

Warsaw
Guild Member

Ok, thanks.
Well i think i will lvl up with felguard, as hordies do not attack me as often as with any other pet.

80 will be good time to respec destro and learn how to maximize dps. smile

Dwight: Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face. Or in a Roman arena, taking his sword to other gladiators like him.

#6 2008-11-21 18:33:56

Firenzia
Guild Friend

Bols wrote:

The rotation I'm using is Immolate, 2x Shadowbolt, Chaos Bolt, Incinerate spam, and a Conflag just before immolate runs out, and then start over.

For solo leveling/grinding I have been using Shadowbolt, Immolate, Incinerate, Conglag, and if that somehow doesnt kill them I have a Shadowburn ready:P

Whats the logic behind shoving 2 Shadowbolts in between there and not using Corruption at all which will trigger Molten Core? Also, which PvE glyphs you guys planning on using?

#7 2008-11-21 22:12:53

Beardstorm
Mahogany - Retired CL
Website

Wondering what people are using during backdraft as well. I went for Immo, 2x Incinerate but not sure if this works out the best as I suck at maths.

Please donate to the "One shot Aya with a shield slam fund", all bits of metalz welcome.

#8 2008-11-21 23:00:22

Solok
Guild Member

I think i read on the forums that the Cycle Bols posted was the most effective, however there has been alot of discussion about it and, it's a very close call if you use incinerate instead of Sb

"Like a gnome at a urinal I had to keep on my toes"

#9 2008-11-28 11:20:40

Bols
Guild Friend

After abit testing, I think its actually pretty much the same dps from the rotation I used and the one kaly use;)
Atm I'm using the same as him, but since I'm usually keeping CoE up instead of CoA, I tried with corruption as Firenzia said, and that seems to work good^^ Molten core has a better uptime, and since the 2x t6+t7 setbonuses also benefits from corruption, AND I can use glyph of corruption, i'll stick with that;)

Major Glyphs: Imp, Conflagrate, Corruption
Minor Glyphs: Drain Soul, Souls, (Unending Breath)

#10 2008-11-28 11:33:16

Warsaw
Guild Member

Beardstorm wrote:

Wondering what people are using during backdraft as well. I went for Immo, 2x Incinerate but not sure if this works out the best as I suck at maths.

Install DrDamage.
It shows small numbers on each skill button = average dmg using this skill on target. Counting all your buffs, spellpower, crit, hit, target's debuffs. Etc.

For example with my present build shadowbolt got slightly better dps than incinerate on imolated target. Helps a lot to choose proper rotation.

#11 2009-02-05 07:58:47

Solok
Guild Member

bumpy,

what is everyone using as a rotation these days, personally i've been using immo, coa, conflag, chaos, incin until i have to refresh or the cd's are down again.
linkie to my gear/spec http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- … mp;n=Solok
it isn't updated atm though...

so any tips for meh cause i feel i can be doing more dpsz.

"Like a gnome at a urinal I had to keep on my toes"

#12 2009-02-05 19:05:58

Warsaw
Guild Member

Bols should be able to help you, since he does insane dps as a destro.

Im affli this days.

#13 2009-02-05 16:02:08

Firenzia
Guild Friend

Your rotation sounds about right. I havent really tried any spec for raiding yet...since my inet only allows me to idle in scholazar..but when I change ISP..sometime soon hopefully I'll get back to you with the results of lvl 80 tier6 dps tongue

PS Cant play as affliction...too many buttons for my ltd intelligence. But for real now, so many spells its annoying to play it. At least thats how I feel about it.

PS2 The new conflag glyph sure is sweet.

#14 2009-02-05 17:36:31

Bols
Guild Friend

I think most destro locks use CoA for molten core proccs, but i prefer Corruption for t7 setbonus proccs + glyph of corruption for some instant shadowbolts.

My rotation is depending on mob hp and size of groups:

Low hp trash in groups smaller than 4: Immolate, chaos bolt, incinerate spam, conflag before they die and next target. Use chaos bolt every time off cd basically. (Mobs are dead before molten core procs anyways, so no point in wasting time on dots)

High hp trash in groups smaller than 4: corruption, immolate, chaos bolt, incinerate spam, conflag just before immolate runs out. Immolate, chaos bolt, incinerate spam, conflag etc, and keeping corruption up when it runs out.

Trash in groups of 4 or more: SoC, tabtarget, SoC etc, rain of fire just before they die.

Bosses: CoD, corruption, immolate, chaos bolt, incinerate spam, conflag just before immolate runs out. Immolate, chaos bolt, incinerate spam, conflag etc, and keeping corruption + CoD up when it runs out.

Also forgot to mention about the 4x t7 setbonus: spirit affects the mana gain from lifetap. So i usually dps myself pretty low on mana, then life tap, continue dps, and life tap again just before the 300 spirit bonus runs out. Life tapping with the spirit bonus up gives me about 1k more mana from life tap.

Last edited by Bols (2009-02-05 17:45:21)

Board footer