The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2009-02-20 16:22:29

Enimusha
Officer

Sartharion 3D tanking builds

Last tries at 10 man Sartharion 3d i had Unholy / blood tank spec, with some threat talents and Ebon plague. Seeing that threat is not an issue there and a boring day today at work and i came up with this:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=j0Eoqchc … gG00ckhx0o

Basicly its very low threat but sweet survival. Glyphed Vampiric blood will definately help me survive the breaths, giving me aprox 46000hp for 30 seconds, and help the MT healer get me up instantly after a breath. With 50% uptime its really really nice. I also get the magic mitigation talents from Unholy tree, which are pretty much necessary to go through the hard breaths when Twilight torment is up. I also bring Hysteria to one of our many melee dps, which is kinda nice dps boost. Last but not least, this spec brings Blood aura to the raid, which could help the healers keeping people topped off.

Downsides of this spec is losing Bone shield and  Ebon plague, but since we didn't use it last time on the drakes, i see no problem losing the debuff on Sartharion. Bone shield on the other hand is very handy, with 20% damage reduction for 6 hits, but Vampiric blood should very much make up for it with alot longer uptime.

Give opinions and suggestions, i want to get a perfect spec for monday. smile

Edit:

I could also loose 6% armor from items taking off 2 points from Toughness and get Unholy aura to get the raid move faster. Would you benefit from 15% more moving speed, and if so, how much?

Last edited by Namino (2009-02-20 16:32:21)

#2 2009-02-20 18:10:28

denatus
Retired Guildmaster
Website

Re: Sartharion 3D tanking builds

Hm. The build looks really sweet tbh.

If you have good avoidance, I would recommend trying out unholy aura + boneshield instead. Boneshield is insane with high avoidance, specially at those dragons, cause they hit so slow. This basically leads you to be able to keep either IF or Bone shield up 100% of the time. You could also then time IF so you use it on every big breath but also have both anti-magic shield and zone and bone shield for the rest of the time.

Badly written but in short. With enough avoidance bone-shield + IF can be held up 100% of the time.

In order to get bone shield I see you have to sac some talents in blood, but they are mostly threat talents(except like 2-3). But your build above is just as good tbh.

Again, this is just my thoughts since you asked for them ;P

Last edited by denatus (2009-02-20 18:12:47)

Anyone who thinks the sky is the limit ... has limited imagination !

#3 2009-02-22 17:24:42

Enimusha
Officer

Thanks for the input denatus. smile

I agree that boneshield is nice, but if i get boneshield, i wont get Vampiric blood. Which is kinda the whole point of that spec. I'll try this out tonight, so we'll see how does it work.

#4 2009-02-23 11:38:56

Vonhankkija
Officer

Namino wrote:

I could also loose 6% armor from items taking off 2 points from Toughness and get Unholy aura to get the raid move faster. Would you benefit from 15% more moving speed, and if so, how much?

I think, 15% moving speed is not that usefull overall. Paladins have talented 15% moving speed in this encounter. Druids got their 30% speed increase as cat form. Warriors can intercept and so on. And personally i think 6% is really needed for you smile

"- Tuskin Mikankaan kohalla on väkisin työnnetty piikkiä perseeseen, Nykänen päätteli."

#5 2009-02-23 12:17:23

Enimusha
Officer

I agree Von and i did not take Unholy aura but went for more armor. And seeing how shit hard Sartharion hits (14-15k without boneshield) the extra armor is really needed.

The spec overall worked allright, though now i agree with denatus that Bone shield is really important here. Vampiric Blood is nice but since my health gets lowered by the auras, the boost is not that big. It was still nice to see 47000hp time to time there. smile

#6 2009-03-19 02:42:02

denatus
Retired Guildmaster
Website

Is this the correct build Enimusha ?
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=j0EMq0hc … xcoxx0ofoz

Anyone who thinks the sky is the limit ... has limited imagination !

#7 2009-03-19 08:00:23

Enimusha
Officer

About, yeah.

This is the one i used: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=j0EMV0hc … 00oxeoocod

Its a matter of personal preference which talents you take, as long as you have the magic mitigation and melee mitigation ones. smile

Board footer